KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

11 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Oh those are good sounds, I do hope the sound changes with atmosphere pressure in some way, the sounds should be more muffled in space or something.

Or more echoey or whatever in space

10 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Amazing! Every time I see your social media posts I get more and more excited. For instagram is there any way you could link the dev diary posts or any links in the account bio? If you just put the link in the post description it doesn’t hyperlink. Got to bust out the old reading glasses and type it in letter by letter. 

Dr. Bug 

20 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Oh those are good sounds, I do hope the sound changes with atmosphere pressure in some way, the sounds should be more muffled in space or something.

Yeah, it kind of makes me wonder what sounds they'll even use in space, if any. Like, it's understandable that you can hear the engine in your own rocket in space, but what about in multiplayer? Will others rockets be silent?

3 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

but what about in multiplayer? Will others rockets be silent?

Oh wow, that's something I never even thought about. Though it most likely is realistic if those are completely silent, I still think I'd be strange to not hear anything at all. 
But I also thought, that I saw a video that you can still hear stuff like explosions and loud noises because the soundwaves would still hit your vessel etc, even though it would be extremely muffled. 
Maybe someone else know's how it is right of the bat. Can't remember which video it was and for all I know I could be talking gibberish. 

1 hour ago, Snafu225 said:

Oh wow, that's something I never even thought about. Though it most likely is realistic if those are completely silent, I still think I'd be strange to not hear anything at all. 
But I also thought, that I saw a video that you can still hear stuff like explosions and loud noises because the soundwaves would still hit your vessel etc, even though it would be extremely muffled. 
Maybe someone else know's how it is right of the bat. Can't remember which video it was and for all I know I could be talking gibberish. 

In a vacuum? 

47 minutes ago, Cpt72Bug said:

In a vacuum? 

Yes, iirc it's possible because even though it's a vacuum there's still very few particles that can transmit stuff. As I said though, it's quite some since I saw that video, so I might be wrong here, hence why I asked for someone who is actually knowledgeable in that matter :D

Scott as usual delivers :D
The whole video is very informative, but at about 4 min in he actually shows some examples (Ingenuity and a rocket firing) in space.

Edited by Snafu225
Found video

16 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

Yes, iirc it's possible because even though it's a vacuum there's still very few particles that can transmit stuff. As I said though, it's quite some since I saw that video, so I might be wrong here, hence why I asked for someone who is actually knowledgeable in that matter :D

Scott as usual delivers :D
The whole video is very informative, but at about 4 min in he actually shows some examples (Ingenuity and a rocket firing) in space.

Wow,  thanks for the video! I'll check it out. 

On 1/13/2023 at 10:04 PM, Nazalassa said:

I can clearly see the mesh of the rocket, and you clipped some parts didn't you? I see two cylinder partially in each other.

Immagine it from the usual third person visual of KSP, this is a close shot of something that usually is seen from a distance, you can't exactly fly a rocket with that camera angle.

1 minute ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I adore the landing leg animations!

That's not just an animation, that's a stabilizing mechanical system. Which means we might be getting auto leveling landing legs.

3 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

That's not just an animation, that's a stabilizing mechanical system. Which means we might be getting auto leveling landing legs.

I specifically meant the animation of the legs deploying. The little bit of shakiness as they stop just before lowering to their final configuration is *chef's kiss*

If I had my druthers, I might add a touch of randomness to the length of each leg's animation, offsetting each one by a few frames to get some nice overlapping action

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

8 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

But why are the soles still clipping into the ground like in KSP1?

This is such an inconsequential thing I can't bring myself to comment on it at all. The landing legs don't reach infinite compression and then explode, and that's what really matters :)

What's that long part making up the center of the lander? Looks like we've got a lander can, reaction wheel, battery, then... some form of crew module? Looks like it has windows, could be a 3.75m Hitchhiker equivalent. I'm glad we're finally getting a 3.75m command module, lander can, battery bank, crew module, etc. in KSP2. We've seen some 5m fuel tanks in screenshots, so maybe we'll see a full selection of 5m parts somewhere down the line too (seemingly not at launch given the VAB screenshots we've seen). I know we saw another new command module on some massive interstellar ships in some much older footage, could be a 5m module?