KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

17 minutes ago, Ashandalar said:

It's a trivial enough thing that I would expect it to have been implemented several years ago (it's probably just a flag they can set in Unity's rendering engine). It is definitely weird that they don't seem to have it turned on for promotional screenshots.

Exactly this. 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:36 PM, The Aziz said:

There's people who want fireworks and then there's people who want to run the game on their 10 year old potato. And then there are devs who have to work in a way to make the game smooth for as many people as possible without holding it back, because sales matter.

My potato works well, and is 8.5 years old.   But tbf i dont mind if ksp2 demands an upgrade if it is too slow... as long as it works.

On 1/7/2023 at 3:35 PM, Yellowburn10 said:

Devs: *Creating early access version of the game focused on validating the main foundations of it's code*

Everyone in this thread: Yeah but the clouds though.

This is nothing new.

Starfield had a group of followers who are or were convinced that It’s basically Microsoft Space Flight sim at its core, and you need some kind of flight rig to even try to play it. others are convinced that it’s combing out in 60fps, (despite in every existing gameplay trailer being 30 or less ).and others who are convinced it’s going to have multiplayer…..

people tend to build up a lot of expectations for upcoming projects.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, Deddly said:

Clouds also bring an interesting challenge to gameplay; blocking sunlight to solar panels, obstructing the view of the ground when coming in for a landing, the fear of dropping out from a thick cloud layer and slamming into the side of a mountain etc. These are very cool gameplay/realism elements that clouds can offer, so it's not only about how they look.

EVE is just as much a difficulty mod as it is a visual one. Deorbiting a spaceplane and having to dodge cumulogranite is quite a thrill sometimes.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ashandalar said:

It's a trivial enough thing that I would expect it to have been implemented several years ago (it's probably just a flag they can set in Unity's rendering engine). It is definitely weird that they don't seem to have it turned on for promotional screenshots.

It seems that the KSP2 promotional campaign is not planned at all. Apparently, the developers are hoping for the strength of the community, which has noticeably decreased since 2015.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

Also new Beta Screenshot reel

On that last screen shot, I thought Val (or whomever that is) was flipping off the camera for a second.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:11 PM, Alexoff said:

I wonder if there are many people who first installed clouds and a scatterer, and then abandoned them?

*raises hand*

On 1/9/2023 at 4:55 AM, Nirgal said:

I don't want to be that guy but 5 seconds into the video we see the Kerbal's head bobbing through the cockpit glass :/

The contrails look amazing,  the KSC looks vast and interesting, I can't wait to try this manoeuvre with progressively larger and larger planes until.. 

I agree with you. Clipping is something that I hope can be fixed. If you look at other videos (that were in pre-alpha, keep that in mind) you can see the engine plumes clipping though the surface of the planet.

8 minutes ago, Ghostii_Space said:

This is wonderful! I hope down the line we will also hear sound effects that muffle the audio taking into account camera movement with parameters like mach angle, velocity and distance, so we can experience what it's like to be close / far away / in front of / behind the rocket. I'm sure the devs have / will create such a dynamic system for the game.

2 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

I can clearly see the mesh of the rocket

As with most 3D video games, its made of polygons.

2 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

and you clipped some parts didn't you? I see two cylinder partially in each other.

Care to highlight what you are talking about?

The lighting at separation is awesome- as is the audio.

Interestingly, the contrails disappear at staging. Suppose it's just an altitude threshold that dictates when they're displayed and the video just happens to pass that threshold at staging?

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

I think this'd be much easier if you just circle whatever it is you think is clipped :)

I think they mean this portion:

PmYMiUA.png

I don't know how it's built but it does look like some geometry sticking out of some other geometry, idk

Edited by whatsEJstandfor
Forgot to quote Bej's post