All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Because Ice Age people actually might have had varied culture and not a monolithic way of thinking across Eurasia. Hence why I said within their group. The objective of all life is to survive, no? Would you say one’s desire for food and water is an opinion? I suppose it could be. The Wendat did have punishment mechanisms for things people agreed were bad, like murder. Instead of punishing individuals, the whole clan would have to pay tribute to the clan of the slain person, creating an incentive to prevent others from committing murder. Kandiaronk said this was more effective in preventing crime than European punishment of the individual, but we don’t really know for sure whether that was true or not. What the Wendat did not do was force people to do something they didn’t want to. No one was forced to participate in war against another tribe if they were not convinced it was the right course. I don’t think a decision requires punishment of those who don’t agree and cooperate. Sometimes decisions involve recruiting volunteers to execute them, in which case those who oppose go unpunished because they aren’t needed. Not the case. Pacific Northwest tribes were “peasants of the fish” in that they conducted mass harvesting and processing of salmon according to the right time in the season. The environment they lived in was unsuitable for HG lifestyle because the main trees were conifers. They raided each other for slaves because the leaders could not convince their own people to take up the intense labor needed for processing salmon. But the northern Californian peoples, who lived with access to similar abundance of salmon, consciously refused harvesting salmon and preferred the hunter gatherer way of life, because they valued work for the individual and did not believe in slavery, unlike the almost bourgeoise-like leaders of the Pacific Northwest peoples who showed off their immense wealth (and shared it) during potlatch. But the Pacific Northwest people never raided the northern Californian HGs, despite being in close proximity. (The northern Californian peoples actually did keep a small number of slaves, but the institution was frowned upon and those who owned them were ostracized)
  3. I believe ballisticfox has said it elsewhere, apparently it's because the codec (?) used for compressing the files isn't supported by the windows file explorer zip extractor however it is supported by 7zip
  4. It ain't Saturn But it has the launch tower. But yeah I'm not gonna buy something that has done a single flight. Where my Ariane 5?
  5. I had the same error for the UHD textures. Unzipping with 7-Zip works, weirdly. Not a site suggestion, but could you include optional KSCSwitcher configs so that we can see the launch sites from the space center view?
  6. Today
  7. If I had a shot every time I saw that I'd be a hopeless drunk by now.
  8. Why have this restriction in the first place? Just leave it off! There are many cases it still would be useful to have. Planning follow-up missions for example. Should never have been implemented in the first case!
  9. Hmm, this is a point of discussion, but when the dev version was started to test-run future changes I reworked the fuel switches to automatically switch to methalox when CRP is detected, for an overall simpler and less error-prone setup. I don't think CC should cause the issues, as I tested specifically for that back when I made the changes. I will check again and report back. You're right, I also experience this issue now. Something must be messed up in the release, so I'll investigate.. In the meanwhile: Got a log? Can you check if it's a .craft (or part, if you pick a fresh part) issue? KSP sometimes messes up the fuel in saved crafts for no reason.
  10. @CobaltWolf A lot of parts need to be rotated, they don't come out of the part list in the right oreintation. Also, why the size reduction? Also also, now it is unstable, really bad. I get endless aileron roll spinning and the control surfaces and RCS combined can't counteract it. Even Atmospheric Autopilot can't cope. Also also also, the extended fuselage doesn't seem to have a node. Also also also also, would you put a node on the engine to allow for vertically mounting the X-15 on rockets? Like in this picture:
  11. Mods include but are not limited to KAS. So, I have here parts that can be placed in a ship's inventory, one is the RTS-1 Resource Transfer Station (KAS). However, this item is too heavy and too big for a kerbal to carry around. How does one use items in the inventory, that are too heavy or too big to carry?
  12. We knew it would be incremental. We know there'll be another between this and Colonies. "Soon" is a relative term, especially around here. The steps don't have to be big, they just have to be in the right direction.
  13. Yes, here: Player.log Not sure if the player log helps, let me know if anything else is needed! In the meantime, I will return to KSP1
  14. A progress report: almost "square". Suborbital: 92 x -59 km. Came very close, with inexpert handling of the controls. So this vehicle, Kryptonite 3, is probably up to the job. Payload: a Mk-2 capsule and a Hitchhiker for a total of 7 kerbals. Returning to the surface requires something like a half fuel-load, which means that a failed ascent is going to be fatal -- unless some solid booster emergency system can reliably give the crew sections a final "kick".
  15. Sweet, new update! One point I'd like to see is letting the early "go to space" and "space shuttle" contracts to also qualify if you've splashed down. Spaceplane should land properly of course, but for the first 2 space missions landing might be too much.
  16. I am trying to make a patch so all WBIGraviticEngineGenerator modules have their input_resource set to this: This is what a standard gravitic engine part looks like: But the relevant part is this: And this is my patch: Patch seems to have no effect and doesn't show up in MMPATCH.log
  17. For some reason the smelters demand I construct a dyson sphere. I've checked the configs and they look normal enough, I have ZERO clue why they draw this much power when making metal. It's not just in the VAB, they suck that much power in actual use.
  18. It’s a shame it’s an incremental patch after all this time. I see more people worried about the content and lack of updates related to things to do in the game vs the people worried about graphics and performance . The good part is at least now we now know what to expect which imo is not a lot, but a bit better communication than before. Colonies sounds like it’s not coming soon, which is expected but to me it still reads like it’s an earlier stage than I expected with some here claiming they saw hints in the game code and that colonies was almost done since last year, but of course this hasn’t been confirmed by you but it’s a funny rumor to spread around nevertheless.
  19. The exhaust plumes don't make sense to me. Why does that outer layer curve towards the rocket, while the inner layer curves away? shouldn't they both curve away? what force is acting on the outer layer to push it back toward the rocket? If it's not actually accelerating inward, but appears that way due to the rocket's acceleration away from the exhaust then it should be acceleration-dependent and not like that all the time.
  20. Maybe. Or they were reading same sci-fi books. I guess, the early XX style was common. Also, Western movies were shown in cinema. *** What is strange on this picture is that the tower arms are retracted, but the bridge is still extended, and the human on the bridge is waving with hands. Something went wrong? SpaceX, check it just in case.
  21. its a little better with 0.2.1 but Im most waiting for when they make it change colors based on planet
  22. These exhausts vfx is mutch better! Looking forward to see it in action! Are you planning to overhaul the reentry vfx to in line with reality? We got spectacular footage from SpaceX (I have seen you made notes there on X )
  23. Yeah. It should come sooner than later. Ksp 2 is currently around ~700 players down from 5000 at 0.2's launch
  24. ...which of course is undermined by the Jedi being pointedly apolitical to the point of apathy, which the old fluff explored in-depth. Your post kind of reminds me of the in-universe early Imperial propaganda claiming the younglings were mind-controlling the local populace, and so Vader and the 501st did nothing wrong. While I won't entirely disagree, this is a case where a sci-fi cliche muddles our perception. Sci-fi doesn't generally know how to do non-sentient droids. Accordingly, it's not clear how sentient the droids are - and then we wonder into the real-life debate of what sentience is and how AIs can passably "fake" it by simply responding in-line with out expectations. All tha before the question whether sentience is even the primary factor to consider when asking whether droids deserve rights. Also, when SW did finally have a crack at the droid rights problem, it produced a character so obnoxious I signed up with the Butlerian Jihad.
  1. Load more activity