[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Are the Pegusus and MORL 'live' in the development branch (1.11)?  I did a download on it about a week back and they did not appear to be in at that time.

Yes. You need to download the 1.11-developement, not the master.

@CobaltWolf

screenshot192.png

The Mutineer lower stage/adapter and the upper stage does not fit.

Edited by Cheesecake

On 4/3/2023 at 10:10 PM, Pappystein said:

Yep I did say the other day that the J-2T-400K needed some work yes? :D

I will put it on my to-do list for this weekend

But when I am done with it, it will be an upgrade selection on the standard J-2T (I think I remember how to do that!)

@GoldForest  @Zorg

I have PR-ed (I think) the request with a fix.  The J-2T-400K is now part of the J-2T-200 family (I have tested it on my local build.)

I have also deleted my M55 simulator which was based on Algol  Given we are almost 100% of the way there to making our Saturn II INT-19 with bespoke parts!

54 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

@GoldForest  @Zorg

I have PR-ed (I think) the request with a fix.  The J-2T-400K is now part of the J-2T-200 family (I have tested it on my local build.)

I have also deleted my M55 simulator which was based on Algol  Given we are almost 100% of the way there to making our Saturn II INT-19 with bespoke parts!

So it should have the WF plume now?

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not seeing this. I'm up to date minus the last realfuel patch. 

SoEwJTi.png

Strange. I just downloaded the latest development branch. No other mods installed.

Edit: Found the issue. Wrongly attached the 3rd stage to the adapter.

Edited by Cheesecake

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So it should have the WF plume now?

Once the PR is actioned on yes.   Don't know when it will be actioned on... and more to the point I don't know if I even did the Pull-Request correctly

10 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Such an underrepresented but, truly foundational system.

When you consider the somewhat poor reliability record of the Atlas at the time, along with the fact that the Mercury spacecraft flew without a single computer, analog or digital, it makes the accomplishments of the program even more amazing. You also get a true appreciation for the intestinal fortitude of the men who flew it. 

17 hours ago, DasherJake640 said:

Are the solar panels meant to be clipped into the lab? Or am I just doing this wrong.SgYMJrb.png

Your first embed isnt loading. But the lower image looks mostly correct. But they are not meant to be used together with the rack part. The rack is for the Plutonium Brayton Generator and would be used instead of the solars. Simply clip the solars into the hollow section, one higher than the other.

6 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

When you consider the somewhat poor reliability record of the Atlas at the time, along with the fact that the Mercury spacecraft flew without a single computer, analog or digital, it makes the accomplishments of the program even more amazing. You also get a true appreciation for the intestinal fortitude of the men who flew it. 

Mercury had no computers? Were all calculations for spacecraft position and trajectory done from the ground then?

6 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Mercury had no computers? Were all calculations for spacecraft position and trajectory done from the ground then?

Watch Hidden Figures.

No computers on board because they couldn't fit all those women in there.

AFAIK it was all done prelaunch and the system used a sequencer, basically a timer, for all events.

Edited by tg626

On 4/5/2023 at 2:50 PM, septemberWaves said:

If you want to bring more than one set to the same landing site, it's probably best to design your own cargo lander using inventory containers. There are a lot of surface experiment parts in BDB, and more if you also include the stock ones (most of which are based on Apollo surface experiments anyway), and it's not really possible to fit even one copy of everything into the same lunar module, much less multiple copies.

That said, getting all of the surface experiments set up is incentive to run multiple Apollo missions. Each real Apollo mission carried a variety of different experiments, rather than the same selection but repeatedly deployed elsewhere on the lunar surface.

Since I haven't had build time for this since I originally posted the question, I have come up with two modes that I can think of sticking to the BDB asthetics- 1. J-Series LEM with 1 LRV and three Inventory modules, 2. Non-J Series with 4 inventory modules. 

The first makes more sense where you are looking to do a single lander and will need the LVR to get to and from your second site.  Let's face it, working on the moon was exhausting and the safety margins required the rover to get anywhere.

The second relies more on a second lander such as the SHE-LAB being deposited at the site ahead of time... although I don't recall if the LRT has the cargo slots.  But, that doesn't exclude the same sort of earlier automated lander bringing the rover.

1 minute ago, Lil_Bread402 said:

Ok so I was bored and took some ksp pics 
MessedUpLanding2.png?width=999&height=67

Hope you guys like it, it's based off of this old image
hGGG7m2nXU76Gmut74haj28rm9xcdtztdAUPzVBu

First off, more than ok with this as long as you bought those Mozart chocolates.
Second, if this is what happened in FAMK then we'd get space AUG's...ah well.

On that note, I mentioned that the history of Saturn/Shuttle-derived vehicles is a deep rabbit hole. Well I found a rabbit hole within a rabbit hole via Saturn C3
satc3.gif
satc3b2s.gif
satc3b3.gif

So many different proposals. I might have also done a bunch of them.
The 1960 proposal
52803249529_750b30f3a0_o.png
The November 1961 proposal
52803398750_4d12832181_o.png
And one where nuclear treaties are an immensely personal problem.
52776196649_49fabdc212_o.png

I had to shorten the tanks A LOT though. Otherwise many of them didn't have enough TWR to even go, you know, up.

Bonus Apollo CASM (Advanced Service Module) using universal storage II.
52803268714_ea5814f78a_o.png
52803269159_0f96c27037_o.png

Not sure when these will be in the wild (meaning KerbalX). But I wanted to share my madness with y'all.

8 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

First off, more than ok with this as long as you bought those Mozart chocolates.
Second, if this is what happened in FAMK then we'd get space AUG's...ah well.

On that note, I mentioned that the history of Saturn/Shuttle-derived vehicles is a deep rabbit hole. Well I found a rabbit hole within a rabbit hole via Saturn C3
satc3.gif
satc3b2s.gif
satc3b3.gif

So many different proposals. I might have also done a bunch of them.
The 1960 proposal
52803249529_750b30f3a0_o.png
The November 1961 proposal
52803398750_4d12832181_o.png
And one where nuclear treaties are an immensely personal problem.
52776196649_49fabdc212_o.png

I had to shorten the tanks A LOT though. Otherwise many of them didn't have enough TWR to even go, you know, up.

Bonus Apollo CASM (Advanced Service Module) using universal storage II.
52803268714_ea5814f78a_o.png
52803269159_0f96c27037_o.png

Not sure when these will be in the wild (meaning KerbalX). But I wanted to share my madness with y'all.

I knew I wasn't the only one that had to use the wonderful synergy that these bring.

4 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Saturn C3 or Universal Storage? i agree either way.

Universal

Don't get me wrong.  I am all for variety in launch platforms.  C3 would have been an interesting addition to what was built.  But that can be said of so many paper projects.

Edited by RocketBoy1641
Expand to include C3 comments

4 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

And the Easter eggs....

The infamous Death Star trench… don’t remember a Skylab in the Rebel Alliance squadron organization though. :wink::lol:

Edited by DaveyJ576