What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

On 2/10/2024 at 2:06 PM, DDE said:

Yes, but you can only use it if you haven't given up your landline. Shifting most use to mobile and the sheer quantity of spam calls has caused my family to systematically get rid of those.

Yup, 99% of the calls that came in on our landline were spam, so we finally killed it. Yes, 99%, that's not an exaggeration. Ok, maybe more like 95%

Just had photos for the engineering club at my school; we're near an airbase. The planes were like 200' above us directly and doing dives and barrel rolls. I swear they were showing off.(They train daily here)

chrome is out, im fed up with the whole youtube situation and im dumping all my google services except gmail. not putting this in negative because its a good thing. when i originally switched from ff->chrome, chrome was lean and ff was getting sluggish, now ff is fast and chrome is slow and i don't trust it any more.

6 hours ago, Nuke said:

chrome is out, im fed up with the whole youtube situation and im dumping all my google services except gmail. not putting this in negative because its a good thing. when i originally switched from ff->chrome, chrome was lean and ff was getting sluggish, now ff is fast and chrome is slow and i don't trust it any more.

Been on FF for almost a decade, even through the "sluggish" times. Never had a complaint. Highly recommended.

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Been on FF for almost a decade, even through the "sluggish" times. Never had a complaint. Highly recommended

Here too. I have Chrome installed (though don't log in to it. Never saw the benefit) but only need it on those rare occasions where I need a "fresh" browser connection to test something.

• 3 weeks later...

Today installed Waterfox (from  https://www.waterfox.net/)  instead of Firefox, who has sold its soul to all bad powers.

So far, feels much better.

It keeps using the Gecko engine from the good old Mozilla Firefox, instead of this ugly, voracious, disgusting Quantum (may everything in its authors' life run exactly as this Quantum runs! I mean, they can optimize their life, just in case.)

AdBlock, NoScript, and (some freeloader downloader) plugins work ok.

Im at an Arbys right now getting lunch and next door is a fastfood chicken place and i hear a rooster crowing nearby… rooster must enjoy playing chicken with fate lol

confirmed! A neighbor in the neighborhood just behind the arbys does have a coop with chickens and a rooster!

Edited by AlamoVampire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I got an email on the NASA newsletter or whatever it's called saying "ASTRONAUTS WANTED". I'm afraid of heights and nowhere near college yet, think they'll take me?

When JAXA called for astronauts a year ago or so, a six year old submitted an application and they actually took it. It made big news.

So go ahead and give it a shot!

2 hours ago, Ryaja said:

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Went to church this morning, did our volunteer time, then came home and watched our kids hunt for Easter candy. Now I'm sitting here relaxing on the couch with a cup of coffee. Putting the ham in the oven in about an hour. Happy Easter!

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

peeps are best served on fire.

I've roasted peeps before, the out side caramelizes and becomes a hard shell lol.

19 hours ago, TheSaint said:

My kids did the Peep jousting thing this afternoon. I just consider that a waste of good marshmallow.

I'm ashamed to admit I tried this about 10 minutes after reading this.

Edited by Ryaja
Autocorrect