What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

9 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@Heretic391

I gotta ask how many times you tried launching individual pieces before that whole thing came together.  That is awesome and frightening at the same time!

It's insane, months worth of effort to build. For individual pieces, some took well over 1 week to get them stable on the launchpad. The worst thing is waiting 5-10  minutes for the rocket to load then having it explode on the launchpad. So glad for the next update! 

The Colony ship was surprisingly easy. Probably less than 10 launches to get to orbit. Docking is almost done :P 

y7HRwJO.png

10 hours ago, Periple said:

This is GLORIOUS! 

Do you measure your framerate in frames per second or seconds per frame? And what kind of a monster rig are you using if it's the former? 

Hahaha it's frames per minute :D I'm at 2fps somehow. This was my first upgrade in 11 years.

CPU: AMD 7950x3d
Cheap Motherboard: B550M AORUS PRO AX 
Graphics card: Gigabyte RTX 4090
RAM: 64GB DDR5
SSD: Samsung 990 PRO 

Thanks for that performance crash test, so much effort x)

It seems to be a very nice multi modules station !

MANY parts looks completely off-placed, like some Kraken disassembling : is it a "stable" appearance ? Like, can you observe all the part being mis-aligned ? Are this mis-alignment getting worse and worse ? I'm not talking about the module being no properly docked, or noodle effect, but a tank being slightly / vastly not aligned with the direct closer one while it should be perfectly stacked like in the VAB.

How many parts ? I might have missed it, sorry.

Today, I'm quite proud to have built my first SSTO in my KSP history (I played the 1 for quite a time and never got to terms of doing one myself).

It may be a piece of crap for the most advanced builders, but it's working, and I hope it will work when I'll send it to Eve, cause I intend to retrieve 3 stranded kerbals there. (Please, don't spoil me the surprise, I guess it won't be enough to get out of eve, but I want to try it).

Blm5lLL.jpg0eVrWZB.jpg

I've been gone for a little while, but I'm gearing up for "For Science!", if not for the new features, then definitely for some of the bug fixes. Wow is that a great list of things to look forward to! I booted up the game for the first in a while today just to see if I still remembered the buttons. The picture below is taken just before realizing that my docking ports defaulted to crossfeed enabled, thus ending this trip for lack of final stage DV. But it didn't matter- the thought of v0.2 on the horizon is just like the warm sun keeping your back warm on a cold day... 

Vals-Chair2.png

On 12/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, Baleine said:

Today, I'm quite proud to have built my first SSTO in my KSP history (I played the 1 for quite a time and never got to terms of doing one myself).

It may be a piece of crap for the most advanced builders, but it's working, and I hope it will work when I'll send it to Eve, cause I intend to retrieve 3 stranded kerbals there. (Please, don't spoil me the surprise, I guess it won't be enough to get out of eve, but I want to try it

Well, now, I know why it doesn't work. For my sake, I thought about the issue moments after I had the plane undocked from its Eve injection module. I should have thought about it earlier, I'm so stupid :rolleyes:

That's the Kerbal way of life, all in all :D

Here is the finished product of an SSTO I've been working on. I attempted to share it on KSP Builds but the ship doesn't cut and paste properly. Could be the struts holding the back end together. Hopefully a patch will solve the issue eventually. 

3EAZrph.jpg

rmq6Gc8.jpg

Welp, I tried to add the Z1 truss to the ISS.  Failed due to bug and blew up my whole station.  Thankfully, I just reverted to VAB.  Overall, it was a pretty lousy flight any way.  My docking control was awful.

5 hours ago, Joker58th said:

Welp, I tried to add the Z1 truss to the ISS.  Failed due to bug and blew up my whole station.

When I used to have docking fails like that in KSP1, I'd set the thing to the lowest 'warp' I could. Even a little faster and the game would automatically move the thing on automatic, either away from the port, or into it. The game took over from there without the collision physics getting in the way.

Not sure if that works in KSP2, but docking is the one thing I'm bad enough that that I'll never really be certain if I'm screwing up, or the game is.

11 hours ago, Joker58th said:

Welp, I tried to add the Z1 truss to the ISS.  Failed due to bug and blew up my whole station.  Thankfully, I just reverted to VAB.  Overall, it was a pretty lousy flight any way.  My docking control was awful.

I think I see what happened here. You undocked and then, just because of proximity, the crafts redocked and maybe the game didn't fully recognize. If you want to retry this mission, you can probably mitigate this by setting both of those docking ports to 0% Acquire Force before undocking. Then remember to readjust it on the station after you've got a bit of separation.

7 hours ago, Casellina X said:

I think I see what happened here. You undocked and then, just because of proximity, the crafts redocked and maybe the game didn't fully recognize. If you want to retry this mission, you can probably mitigate this by setting both of those docking ports to 0% Acquire Force before undocking. Then remember to readjust it on the station after you've got a bit of separation.

I usually do set my docking ports to 0% and I just double checked and found I forgot to set the one on the delivery ship.  I'll fix that and try again.  Fingers crossed!  Thanks for the suggestion!

13 hours ago, stephensmat said:

When I used to have docking fails like that in KSP1, I'd set the thing to the lowest 'warp' I could. Even a little faster and the game would automatically move the thing on automatic, either away from the port, or into it. The game took over from there without the collision physics getting in the way.

Not sure if that works in KSP2, but docking is the one thing I'm bad enough that that I'll never really be certain if I'm screwing up, or the game is.

Good suggestion, I totally froze while my station flew apart.  If something like that happens again, I'll try this.

I took a small break from KSP2 ;) and came back finding my Kerbals doing very weird stuff.

They claim that they have anything under control and are performing a break check on the new Münbase... rover... plattform... thing.

Yeah.

Spoiler

eH74GK8.png

A7CIDpi.png 
You can review all this stupidity in my missionreport, soon....:D

On 12/5/2023 at 2:58 AM, Dakitess said:

Thanks for that performance crash test, so much effort x)

It seems to be a very nice multi modules station !

MANY parts looks completely off-placed, like some Kraken disassembling : is it a "stable" appearance ? Like, can you observe all the part being mis-aligned ? Are this mis-alignment getting worse and worse ? I'm not talking about the module being no properly docked, or noodle effect, but a tank being slightly / vastly not aligned with the direct closer one while it should be perfectly stacked like in the VAB.

How many parts ? I might have missed it, sorry.

Thank you, sometimes the station turns into a scrunchie (different parts bounce off each other causing a crazy wobble) so to unscrunch it i use time warping. Then unfortunately we get misaligned parts. It's like battle scars :cool: otherwise you're right, it would have been perfectly straight. 

Hmm I need to count it but probably around 2.6k parts give or take a few.