Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

AtomicTech

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

It hasn't even been that long, and if it was confirmed it'd be big news.

I get that, but why is written here? Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

Or is it just that? Hype?

Edited by Quasar2007

2 minutes ago, Quasar2007 said:

I get that, but why is written here? Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

Wishful thinking?

10 minutes ago, Quasar2007 said:

Well that's odd, I didn't realise people could edit post titles.

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Well that's odd, I didn't realise people could edit post titles.

Wait, I just saw what you mean, how did I do that? :D

3 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

It must be that Elon bought it, to celebrate the 4th Starflight.

He's just too busy to announce it.

Definetely better than T2. :sticktongue:

42 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Elon has the money to make this dream a reality

For sure. But he have the will?

This dude is not stupid - he have a plan, a long term plan, on everything he does. How footing the money for KSP2 development would fit on it?

Elon is not only a dreamer, he's a maker (an incredibly rare combination). He makes things happen (at least, some of them - and it's incredibly entertaining while he fails his way into success!! most of the time, at least). But he does that with a purpose.

I suggest a thought experiment: let's pretend we are like traveling salesman, and we just knocked Elon's door trying to selling him encyclopaedias KSP2. Incredibly surprising, he attended the door and is listening. :D

How we should try to sell him this thing?

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

This dude is not stupid - he have a plan, a long term plan, on everything he does. How footing the money for KSP2 development would fit on it?

Elon is not only a dreamer, he's a maker (an incredibly rare combination). He makes things happen (at least, some of them - and it's incredibly entertaining while he fails his way into success!! most of the time, at least). But he does that with a purpose.

I suggest a thought experiment: let's pretend we are like traveling salesman, and we just knocked Elon's door trying to selling him encyclopaedias KSP2. Incredibly surprising, he attended the door and is listening. :D

Thing is, development money for a video game is kinda inconsequential to someone like Elon Musk. He could technically buy the IP and what not of Take Two, bankroll the development and then release it as a free-to-play educational game, or release it with a price. I don't see that ever happening mind, I think it's just wishful thinking even though Elon is somewhat of a Kerbal fan.

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

Tell him he can put SpaceX parts in there and use it as basic training material for employees and have it as a fun game! (Also put kerbals in unmanned missions) I myself would be happy if Elon bought it. If others aren't then you don't have to play. If he does but it it will hopefully get the development it deserves after all that was promised.

9 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

And if you want to break forum rules you can pay $7 a month for a blue check mark.

Krap. He does it, I will end up funding 50% of KSP2 myself!!!! :sticktongue:

7 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

And if you want to break forum rules you can pay $7 a month for a blue check mark.

I mean the forums gotta pay the bill somehow.

Edited by Ryaja

17 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

So, the staging depot got an update. Since I only see staging updates very shortly (few days) before new versions emerge I guess it's about time for the next patch to come out. This one is a real nail biter. Fits perfectly fine here, right?

Well, if that's the last update we get I sure hope they fix the fact that cargo bays and fairings don't do what they're supposed to do at all. A shielded docking port that doesn't blow up even sooner than the naked one would be nice too!

44 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

So, the staging depot got an update. Since I only see staging updates very shortly (few days) before new versions emerge I guess it's about time for the next patch to come out. This one is a real nail biter. Fits perfectly fine here, right?

I am more concerned about documentation to indicate what they changed than I am the actual changes.

1 hour ago, Quasar2007 said:

Why?

Take what happened to Twitter X and imagine that being applied to Kerbal, I'd rather leave it where it is now than have it torn up, mashed back together and than puppeted around by the ego of an unstable billionaire.