Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

16 hours ago, Stoup said:

If I'm not mistaken they plan for science to be v0.2.0, don't they?

Likely yes, since the second digit is for updates (bigger ones) and the third one is for patches. Science will likely be a major feature update, at least for me and probably most of the community.

After the registry bug was uncovered this weekend, I uninstalled KSP 2 and deleted all of the registry spam.

I'm gonna hop off the hype train until we actually get something significant enough (science or some sort of early career, a real fix for wobbly rockets [I'm al good with autostrut comin' back], and when stupid "bugs" like the registry stop popping up).

Edited by AtomicTech

11 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

After the registry bug was uncovered this weekend, I uninstalled KSP 2 and deleted all of the registry spam.

I'm gonna hop off the hype train until we actually get something significant enough (science or some sort of early career and a real fix for wobbly rockets [I'm al good with autostrut comin' back]).

The train is now without a conductor. May god help us all

Good news! They are actually planning on a hotfix dedicated to solve the spamming bug and (hopefully) some other game-breaking bugs as well. I hoped in the 0.1.4.0 release thread that they could deliver another hotfix like done in the 0.1.3 era to fix the annoying orbital decay bug, and it seems like they are going to do something similar! Would be really nice if they could actually squash that very bug in the upcoming hotfix since that very bug is what's keeping me from playing KSP2 since the end of summer vacation.

2 hours ago, Alpha_star said:

Good news! They are actually planning on a hotfix dedicated to solve the spamming bug and (hopefully) some other game-breaking bugs as well. I hoped in the 0.1.4.0 release thread that they could deliver another hotfix like done in the 0.1.3 era to fix the annoying orbital decay bug, and it seems like they are going to do something similar! Would be really nice if they could actually squash that very bug in the upcoming hotfix since that very bug is what's keeping me from playing KSP2 since the end of summer vacation.

I've not seen any evidence that they're hotfixing anything other than the registry bug. If you've seen it, I'd be excited - but like many others, I've actually put KSP2 to bed until at least v0.2.0

On 9/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, whatsEJstandfor said:

The train is now without a conductor. May god help us all

Ah yes ... @GregroxMun... it would be like the second coming of a certain historic person i really don`t want to to specify more closely  in this forum... ok... hmmmm...

We need a capable conductor. NOW.

Edit: @AtomicTech please stay with us! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!

Edited by Mikki

7 hours ago, Mikki said:

Ah yes ... @GregroxMun... it would be like the second coming of a certain historic person i really don`t want to to specify more closely  in this forum... ok... hmmmm...

I mean, I'm happy to post whenever new stuff comes out and share my excitement but I'm not gonna play the game 

BUT, if y'all want me to stay, then duty calls 78022427-56a9b11b5f9b58b7d0fe1a8c.jpg

LET'S RIDE THIS TRAIN TILL 1.0!

18 hours ago, KUAR said:

I've not seen any evidence that they're hotfixing anything other than the registry bug. If you've seen it, I'd be excited - but like many others, I've actually put KSP2 to bed until at least v0.2.0

Yes. They are mentioning an "upcoming hotfix" in the IG discord. You can actually see what the developers are posting on Discord here in the Forums by visiting the "Discord Dev Tracker" section which is on the right side of the screen if you use a computer and all the way down to the bottom in mobile version.

Digging up pat track record is probably a bit dumb, but seeing that past hotfixes include two bugs, I'd bet that this upcoming hotfix will likely include more than one single bug fix. Maybe orbital decay since they are already testing a fix two weeks ago. Just maybe.

21 hours ago, Mikki said:

I don't own KSP2. i can't play it. so I can not crew this train. Not as an engineer. not as a conductor. not even as a firewoman or a brakewoman or nothin'.

for me personally, the hype is dead. Put me in the seat and the boiler pressure will drop from gigapascals to like. idk. 6 bar?

when i started being the hype train driver years and years ago for like, KSP version 0.25 or something, i was just an overly excitable teenager. now im a substantially less excitable grown woman. so to anyone who is still excited for KSP2, more power to ya. But you're going to have to stoke the fire yourself.

2 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I don't own KSP2. i can't play it. so I can not crew this train. Not as an engineer. not as a conductor. not even as a firewoman or a brakewoman or nothin'.

for me personally, the hype is dead. Put me in the seat and the boiler pressure will drop from gigapascals to like. idk. 6 bar?

when i started being the hype train driver years and years ago for like, KSP version 0.25 or something, i was just an overly excitable teenager. now im a substantially less excitable grown woman. so to anyone who is still excited for KSP2, more power to ya. But you're going to have to stoke the fire yourself.

...you`ll  allready be beating the living s*** out of me if you knew what i was thinking while reading your post.

Glad to see you alive and pushing along, remember, never say never again!:D

I don`t own anything  either in this Forum not to speak of the Topic here aswell, but this community has lots of very bright shining lights around which you are certainly one of.

Greetings and just all the best to you. :wink:

10 hours ago, Alpha_star said:

Yes. They are mentioning an "upcoming hotfix" in the IG discord. You can actually see what the developers are posting on Discord here in the Forums by visiting the "Discord Dev Tracker" section which is on the right side of the screen if you use a computer and all the way down to the bottom in mobile version.

Digging up pat track record is probably a bit dumb, but seeing that past hotfixes include two bugs, I'd bet that this upcoming hotfix will likely include more than one single bug fix. Maybe orbital decay since they are already testing a fix two weeks ago. Just maybe.

Thanks, quite familiar with the Discord tracker - and so know there's a hotfix planned. But like you say, past track record of number of bugs per patch is dodgy ground for an extrapolation!