You promised us communication, where is it?

RayneCloud

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Yup, and that is why I am not expecting anything particularly interesting for quite some time yet. I would be happy to be wrong about that though.

I suspect they have nothing to say because they are winding down development and a cancelation announcement is around the corner. 

3 hours ago, calabus2 said:

I suspect they have nothing to say because they are winding down development and a cancelation announcement is around the corner. 

Which is precisely as useful a thing to think as that they are almost done with the entire roadmap and will drop it all at once.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:05 PM, RocketRockington said:

You have to have completed, well thought out designs and significant progress on features that you have confidence in to follow that kind of strategy. 

Better to just speak in vague terms and consider marking all bugs with no fix as 'under investigation' when you're making glacial progress instead.

Oh I know, I'm merely saying that if they have a game plan, they should rethink their way of conveying it.

Edited by AlexTheNotSoGreat

On a side note... am I losing it? Blind? Is the new weekly challenge even in the Challenge section?

No, I didn't miss anything. It's not there. Is the forum irrelevant now?

Why... why depend on Discord rather than a forum? Why do we have to use that horrid UI.

... I feel like I already know the answer, but I just don't like it. 

2 hours ago, Socraticat said:

On a side note... am I losing it? Blind? Is the new weekly challenge even in the Challenge section?

Why... why depend on Discord rather than a forum? Why do we have to use that horrid UI.

its even better when there was no announcement in the discord, and Dakota didn't even say anything about there being a new Challenge from what i can tell, not even pin comment, it was just released.

last words from dakota was on the 22nd, and Nerdy 21..

its near a total collapse of communication... yes nerdy and mike talked to ksp2_general a few days ago but i mean, i just don't know anymore.

9 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

last words from dakota was on the 22nd, and Nerdy 21.

Friday and Thursday, respectively. Following days were, oh surprise, the weekend, and Monday just started, it's 9AM in Seattle.

This is getting paranoid, people here don't even understand the concept of weekends or days off.

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Friday and Thursday, respectively. Following days were, oh surprise, the weekend, and Monday just started, it's 9AM in Seattle.

This is getting paranoid, people here don't even understand the concept of weekends or days off.

nah we understand, but not even announcing a challenge at all is kinda of weird.

If youre refering to no announcement on discord, thats pretty usual there and i think is fine. Its pretty easy to tell theres a new challenge for discord because the topics page will light up. For the no challenge on forums thats definitely an oversight and should be fixed @Dakota(apologies for giving you more work today as i assume youre gonna be busy today).

I do think the team could get more consistent with things like posting announcements to all the platforms like kerb, it does seem like there should be some sort of shared todo list or something like it for the announcements (stuff like kerb) to make sure no platform is left behind.

I can't help but feel like if they had their own website dedicated to all KSP news it would prevent this feeling of communications being so scattered! Maybe if they had a blog page specifically dedicated to development...

Oh wait, now I'm getting wrapped up in the old ways :sticktongue:

But in all seriousness, I think that raises a good question: why is the KSP website not even up to date with the latest news?

If it were more properly formatted out that would make things much simpler. Let them write their news out there, and let the discussions that spring from it take place in all the places it naturally will.

Rather than trying to make sure all platforms get equal attention... just create a single platform to dedicate their attention to

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, Socraticat said:

Looks like the challenge did go out as planned on Friday, but it was marked as hidden until now. I've unhidden it. Apologies.

2 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Looks like the challenge did go out as planned on Friday, but it was marked as hidden until now. I've unhidden it. Apologies.

It figures. It was early when I noticed, still short on coffee, and I was baffled as to how that went under the radar all weekend.

People were all over a lot of topics... but not this one.

Just a weird weekend. 

• Community Manager

Whew this thread has grown over the weekend.

Mike and I have a lot of thoughts on various points you all have shared here and we hope to address each of these points in the future - but for now I'll say this: we're heavily prepping for Mike's paternity leave and that's taking a lot of time. We're also hiring and that's taking a good amount of our time considering we only want to pick an excellent candidate. We don't have much to say right now past the team is working on Science and addressing bugs. When we have a clearer timeline on Science, you all will hear about it. And in the lead-up to Science's release, we are aiming to provide a ton of insight into what you should expect.

28 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Whew this thread has grown over the weekend.

Mike and I have a lot of thoughts on various points you all have shared here and we hope to address each of these points in the future - but for now I'll say this: we're heavily prepping for Mike's paternity leave and that's taking a lot of time. We're also hiring and that's taking a good amount of our time considering we only want to pick an excellent candidate. We don't have much to say right now past the team is working on Science and addressing bugs. When we have a clearer timeline on Science, you all will hear about it. And in the lead-up to Science's release, we are aiming to provide a ton of insight into what you should expect.

And just for clarity's sake, this statement isn't related to the statement Mike made on the discord about having something coming soon to give updates on, right?

• Community Lead
2 hours ago, chefsbrian said:

And just for clarity's sake, this statement isn't related to the statement Mike made on the discord about having something coming soon to give updates on, right?

I'll hop in and say it isn't related. We do have some other informative pieces "coming soon, actually soon" were my words on Discord :)

4 hours ago, Dakota said:

We don't have much to say right now past the team is working on Science and addressing bugs. When we have a clearer timeline on Science, you all will hear about it. And in the lead-up to Science's release, we are aiming to provide a ton of insight into what you should expect.

Can we expect to see a hotfix for the windows registry bug before 0.1.5 or is that going to be rolled in to the update?

Normally I'm pretty chill about update pacing but while something's in the game that's causing havok with people's OS beyond the game that's... not great to have up as the latest download. Or really any download.

5 hours ago, Dakota said:

And in the lead-up to Science's release, we are aiming to provide a ton of insight into what you should expect.

When? Why can't you commit to a roadmap of information releases? Even if it's once a month. We should expect to hear all the big leaps the team is making to get us to this milestone. I left a detailed comment on this about some things you've said before over here if you'd like a bit more background into my concern in this post - 

We keep hearing "soon," "lead-up," " I should write a little dev blog on this (Sept 8).," and "My hope is that, in the future, you can look back on these past few months and see how much progress we've made towards changing your mind (August 14)."

I mean, at this stage, I assume soon means when we feel like it; lead-up... hasn't been happening since EA launch, even though that's been the lead-up time for the first milestone, then the past few months really means 12 months period?

This is rhetorical since I know you could never answer it; Who in the echelons of the higher-ups thinks it makes good marketing sense with the state of the community frustrations to withhold any substantive information on the very first milestone since EA launch seven months ago? I don't think most KSP fans would care if it took a year or more to hit the first milestone, but only that you're honest about that timeframe and let us take an insider journey with you along the way.

Anyway, I appreciate all the effort regardless.

50 minutes ago, ChrisShourai said:

When? Why can't you commit to a roadmap of information releases? Even if it's once a month. We should expect to hear all the big leaps the team is making to get us to this milestone. I left a detailed comment on this about some things you've said before over here if you'd like a bit more background into my concern in this post - 

We keep hearing "soon," "lead-up," " I should write a little dev blog on this (Sept 8).," and "My hope is that, in the future, you can look back on these past few months and see how much progress we've made towards changing your mind (August 14)."

I mean, at this stage, I assume soon means when we feel like it; lead-up... hasn't been happening since EA launch, even though that's been the lead-up time for the first milestone, then the past few months really means 12 months period?

This is rhetorical since I know you could never answer it; Who in the echelons of the higher-ups thinks it makes good marketing sense with the state of the community frustrations to withhold any substantive information on the very first milestone since EA launch seven months ago? I don't think most KSP fans would care if it took a year or more to hit the first milestone, but only that you're honest about that timeframe and let us take an insider journey with you along the way.

Anyway, I appreciate all the effort regardless.

Dakota said we will get new info close to the science update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.