KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.2.2.0

12 hours ago, herbal space program said:

Seriously?  I haven't encountered that problem now in many hours of gameplay. Are you sure it's not be intrinsic to some old save file you're using?

I've literally never experienced it, I think somehow my laptop was blessed by the pope before it was shipped.

5 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I've literally never experienced it, I think somehow my laptop was blessed by the pope before it was shipped.

That's pretty amazing. I was having constant problems with it until the update preceding FS, but after that it was gone for me.

10 hours ago, The Space Peacock said:

i'm honestly glad they decided to go that route instead of dumping a bunch of unplayable, unstable colony assets on us. Sure, its sad we'll (likely) never get to see a lot of the work they did on colonies and beyond, but it's better to have the game be in the most playable and enjoyable state they could make it with an eye toward the future. Whether that be for the next people to work on it should it actually happen, or just for those of us that will always have a place in their heart for KSP2, despite everything.

Agreed. I'm still crossing my fingers for some futuristic rockets and other additional parts to be added at the end of the month. I'm not holding my breath, but a man can dream

15 hours ago, Lisias said:

Can we, please, ask for removing it from KSP¹ too? Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top? :)

Start it from CKAN. Please no code changes in KSP1 !!! No new gifts on Mun or anything like that. My KSP1 with RP-1 has finally been running stable for months now.

16 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

And still no fix for orbital decay.  Sigh.

Huh? Orbital decay has been gone for a while now. It only happens for a fraction of a second after loading/burning/timewarping, before the fix is able to kick in. Or do you mean the bug that sometimes puts a vessel on a suborbital trajectory immediately after loading?

Edited by The Space Peacock

5 minutes ago, The Space Peacock said:

Huh? Orbital decay has been gone for a while now. It only happens for a fraction of a second after loading/burning/timewarping, before the fix is able to kick in. Or do you mean the bug that sometimes puts a vessel on a suborbital trajectory immediately after loading?

Huh.  I could have sworn that people were still complaining about it after 0.2.1.  Maybe I'm just lacking in the coffee department the last couple of days!

I'm just dissapointed that with KSP2's cancellation, there's now no-one to be the caretaker of our silly little spacefrog game. And as you all know, after the last dev leaves, it's but a matter of time before the game fades into obscurity.

RIP Kerbal Franchise

2011-2024

You were the best space sim(s) a guy could ask for

Oh ok just casually dropping a (final) update as if everything is normal... it's so bizarre to me that there's still no real statement about the future of the game. Even something as simple/vague as "We don't want to declare it dead but we're still deciding what do to with it" wouldn't be inappropriate to me.

3 minutes ago, Gorby1 said:

Oh ok just casually dropping a (final) update as if everything is normal... it's so bizarre to me that there's still no real statement about the future of the game. Even something as simple/vague as "We don't want to declare it dead but we're still deciding what do to with it" wouldn't be inappropriate to me.

We should count our blesses at this point.

Whoever was left cooking this update, they are on the exact same boat as we - except that they have way more skin on the game than us, they got laid off. :/

It's not up to them to say anything, we should be bugging TT2 directly about.

47 minutes ago, Gorby1 said:

I kind of agree. Im so appreciative of the devs who have stuck in there and I know they aren't allowed to say anything themselves, but T2 or PD really needs to clarify. KSP2 is still being advertised on steam with the road map. Hard to understand how that could be followed through on if the studio has been shut down. 

I know it does really matter but i have send a Customer Support Email complaining about the Road Map and pretense that everything is business as normal. It addressed a couple other titles that remain in EA despite not dropping an update in years.

The guidelines that are advertised around the EA program are more like loose suggestions for a developer to follow.  Some of the links people have shared around here have turned me onto some aggregate sites and news sites that i probably wouldn't have stumbled on otherwise.
I was surprised to find a few articles recently talking about the bloat of  EA program.  Larger developers that use the EA program, or have had great success in the past have access to actual budgets for marketing. This generates more buzz and popularity and ends up pushing many of the smaller more obscure titles completely off the lists.
 The nice slider was their answer. I love the niche slider but do wish there was a little more oversight around the whole thing.
Im convinced its because Im old and my sensibilities and interests no longer align with the average individual.

21 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

The guidelines that are advertised around the EA program are more like loose suggestions for a developer to follow.  Some of the links people have shared around here have turned me onto some aggregate sites and news sites that i probably wouldn't have stumbled on otherwise.

And maybe those guidelines need to be updated because if T2 is continuing to advertise a product based on future potential that they have no interest in following through on we are definitely in the territory of false advertising verging on fraud. Its certainly deceptive and very likely bait and switch.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/bait_and_switch#:~:text=“Bait and switch” advertising is,and Deceptive Business Practices Act.

"In Federal Claims courts, the key components for evaluating a claim of improper bait-and-switch” by the recipient of a contract are whether: (1) the seller represented in its initial proposal that they would rely on certain specified employees/staff when performing the services; (2) the recipient relied on this representation of information when evaluating the proposal; (3) it was foreseeable and probable that the employees/staff named in the initial proposal would not be available to implement the contract work; and (4) employees/staff other than those listed in the initial proposal instead were or would be performing the services."

I'll put it this way, I'd be very interested in what would turn up in discovery based on communications around the decision to release KSP2 as a full-price EA. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

1 hour ago, Gorby1 said:

Ya that is my primary issue with this. It’s like “Thanks… I guess?”  I really couldn’t care less about this patch. 

Good afternoon all!

Latest version downloaded and played.   I'm still holding my breath and conducting more tests.  But....

• docking ports appear to be working properly.  (yeah!)
  • Staging stack appears to no longer merge the stages!!  (another yeah!)
    • It used to be if you had two craft everything in stage 1 of both craft would become stage one of the new craft. everything in stage 2 of both craft would become stage two of the new craft.
      • Horrible result from this method.
    • Now it appears that if you are docking.  Everything from stage 1 of your craft is placed into the highest stage of the craft you docked with.
      • Very cool because now we dont have to redo the whole stack. Especially when decouplers are involved.

Plan to do some testing but wanted to put this nugget out there!!

Well, it would seem I spoke too soon.   At least for spacecraft one has previously built.  Will have to try new spacecraft with a new game, to know for sure.  Currently previously built craft still do the staging stack merge when docking.  Also the docking port bug when a docking port is attached to a coupler is still there.  Ah well.  If it all works well with a new game then that would be cool.

1 hour ago, DaveLChgo said:

Currently previously built craft still do the staging stack merge when docking.  Also the docking port bug when a docking port is attached to a coupler is still there.

I don't see any mention of docking ports in the list of fixes in the OP.

2 hours ago, DaveLChgo said:

Well, it would seem I spoke too soon.

if its not in the patch notes, it's unlikely to be adressed

2 hours ago, DaveLChgo said:

Also the docking port bug when a docking port is attached to a coupler is still there.

what bug is that? is it reported?

And maybe those guidelines need to be updated because if T2 is continuing to advertise a product based on future potential that they have no interest in following through on we are definitely in the territory of false advertising verging on fraud. Its certainly deceptive and very likely bait and switch.

If they are planning on stopping development here then it would be good if they announced it. I've already tried appealing for a refund with Steam, quoting Australian consumer rights laws and it was denied as Steam decided that the description was not misleading (they didn't provide anything further than this so as to what isn't misleading I have no idea). 

If anyone has any suggestions about quoting law in refunds or any other ideas as to what to submit to Steam that would be great btw.

I hope T2 knows the longer they wait the worse both outcomes are going to be for them.

4 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I'll put it this way, I'd be very interested in what would turn up in discovery based on communications around the decision to release KSP2 as a full-price EA. 

Oh my gawd yes!! I want to know if active deceit and misdirection were not merely intentional.. but directed from on high.

That one of my greatest hopes.. that some disgruntled developer will write a little niche memoir that tells all. I know it will more likely take the form of a reddit rant.. but I wanna know for sure if EA launch was all about preemptive revenue recovery before closure. 

THAT might actually produce a tiny bit of backlash and / or reform. 

1 hour ago, The Space Peacock said:

if its not in the patch notes, it's unlikely to be adressed

what bug is that? is it reported?

No clue if it's reported or not, but (at least it used to be this way) if you connect a decoupler directly to a docking port and then stage the decoupler away, the docking port will not dock with anything. My personal workaround for it was to just use 2 docking ports and "manually stage" by undocking when I would have hit the spacebar with a decoupler.

5 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I'd be very interested in what would turn up in discovery based on communications around the decision to release KSP2 as a full-price EA.

It wasn't a full-price EA. It was an expensive EA, compared other EAs and historically.

Games cost $70 now. They will likely soon cost $80. It's bonkers to all of us but to the people who could buy the game 100 times and not blink at the cost, $50 is actually "cheap" compared to $80.

I imagine the thought was, "The original KSP was $20 in EA and is $40 now. KSP2 is going to be $70 so let's give them the same $20 discount and make it $50."

We need to face that mustache-twiddling executives would never ever hinge their schemes around making huge mint off of our tiny little subset of a gaming niche.

Edited by Superfluous J

1 hour ago, NovAlpha said:

If they are planning on stopping development here then it would be good if they announced it. I've already tried appealing for a refund with Steam, quoting Australian consumer rights laws and it was denied as Steam decided that the description was not misleading (they didn't provide anything further than this so as to what isn't misleading I have no idea). 

If anyone has any suggestions about quoting law in refunds or any other ideas as to what to submit to Steam that would be great btw.

I hope T2 knows the longer they wait the worse both outcomes are going to be for them.

I have a cowoker who crafter a great email. It showed communications from Dakota promising KERB reports & highlighted sections of the Q&A filled out during EA launch. 

Communication about planned communication was misrepresented time & again.

A couple weeks before lay off notice etc.. he had about 28 hours of time and got the refund by using the report feature that put him in touch with a live person... though he said he spent several hours total curating the email.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

52 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

My personal workaround for it was to just use 2 docking ports and "manually stage" by undocking when I would have hit the spacebar with a decoupler.

thats clever. you could also go into the save file and change the state of the bugged docking port there; it's similar to the landed state bug, where a single line of code is just set to the wrong value

In the long list of things that could've, should've been... KSP2 was up there. 
No point in wallowing in regret. Time to let it rest. Farewell to this project and best wishes to all those developers who so diligently worked on this ill-fated title.