For those that wish to explain their frustration to Steam

Stevie_D

With the closure of the studio and the staff layoff the simple matter of the fact is that the Steam page for Kerbal Space Program 2 is now fraudulent and deceptive advertising at best. With Intercept Games still listed as the developer and the Road Map still up and promises of "Key Features to come during Early Access" this is deceiving potential customers into believing the game is currently in active development.

But did you know that on that Steam page there is a wonderful little button called "Report this Product"?

On the right hand side of the steam page, if you scroll down, you will find Steam Deck compatibility, Content, and then the basic details of the game from Name, Genre, Developer...etc And at the very bottom of that you will see "SHARE, EMBED and a FLAG"

That flag is the "Report this Product" button. Upon clicking it, you can select fraudulent behaviour and give your reasons. For those that do utilize this feature, please be constructive and show them that us Kerbal fans have class.
Thank you for reading this public service announcement. ;)

What for? What's the point? What would you achieve with that?
Steam already warns potential buyers about Early Access.

This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

IMO the rest is pointless. No need to punch the dead.

Edited by atomontage

Posted (edited)

@atomontage
Because people are allowed to know their consumer rights. And, possibly, if enough people do it then there is a chance that Steam can force Private Division into altering it's steam page - and removing deceptive material that currently misleads potential customers into thinking the game is currently being worked on when it is not. That statement you gave is useless because it is all about implying you need to be patient for a developer who is ACTIVELY working on the game but may not have posted an update in a while. This game *has* no developer.

All I have given in my OP is information to people that they may not have known. I didn't know that flag existed until I searched for it. Why is informing people of an option they may not know about offensive to you? I have to question. People are entitled to know their consumer rights and the right to complain is one of them.

Edited by Stevie_D

50 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Absolutely flag it for fraud. It is the correct course of action given the store does not reflect reality.

The economical reality, the legal reality or the gamer reality? Steam is in a good position to not care and they additionally profit from that. In legal terms, you just lack of clear enough evidence. Nothing will happen for now.

This remembers me more on the ludicrous Reddit drama rather than the Helldivers success. Companies go where money is. Simple. Regardless of mismanagement, if T2 would have got to reach their revenue goal they probably would have developed it a little bit further at least.

1 hour ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

The economical reality, the legal reality or the gamer reality? Steam is in a good position to not care and they additionally profit from that. In legal terms, you just lack of clear enough evidence. Nothing will happen for now.

This remembers me more on the ludicrous Reddit drama rather than the Helldivers success. Companies go where money is. Simple. Regardless of mismanagement, if T2 would have got to reach their revenue goal they probably would have developed it a little bit further at least.

The store page lists Intercept Games as the developer, which we know to not be the case anymore. It also lists the roadmap, which we know won't have multiplayer on account of the multiplayer engineers being fired between 2022 and 2023 without replacement. It also talks, in a section apart from the roadmap, about the features that will come during Early Access.

It is breaking Early Access rules and is without a developer, it needs to be flagged. Steam can look at it and decide to ignore it or not, but any informed user would express no doubt at flagging it. In fact, if you're really sure there's no problem with it, I challenge you to flag it, after all there should be no effect, right? ;)

40 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

The store page lists Intercept Games as the developer, which we know to not be the case anymore

Ehr... I don't recall Intercept being closed officially... Is it? Yeah, entire team is gone, but is the studio closed? 

17 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

Ehr... I don't recall Intercept being closed officially... Is it? Yeah, entire team is gone, but is the studio closed? 

Let me issue you the same challenge then.

That's what irritates the excrements out me.

Still one or two people want to defend the store page as a legit business Advertising.. 

Intercept Games is gone the way of the Dodo & the Publisher too & we will argue semantics one whether the language of the page is accurate?

Yes.. anything is possible even if infinitely improbable..someone else may take up development.. it will NOT be intercept games.

Therefore the EA page is communicating lies. All in the hope it generates a few more unit sales before they go out.

A "lie" is something that contradicts verifiable information.

What we have is lies. When used to assist in the sale of a good or service, said lie become a case for fraudulent behavior.

2 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

Yes, it is.  Officially.  The WARN literally states it is closing.

10 hours ago, Stevie_D said:

@atomontage
Because people are allowed to know their consumer rights. And, possibly, if enough people do it then there is a chance that Steam can force Private Division into altering it's steam page - and removing deceptive material that currently misleads potential customers into thinking the game is currently being worked on when it is not. That statement you gave is useless because it is all about implying you need to be patient for a developer who is ACTIVELY working on the game but may not have posted an update in a while. This game *has* no developer.

All I have given in my OP is information to people that they may not have known. I didn't know that flag existed until I searched for it. Why is informing people of an option they may not know about offensive to you? I have to question. People are entitled to know their consumer rights and the right to complain is one of them.

You are probably right. I reconsidered my statement.

Although I still believe there is no need to punch the dead [game], the studio being closed - thats something potential buyers might want to know. The game is not officially cancelled but the studio is definitely closed as per WARN statement. (I believe so?)

2 hours ago, atomontage said:

You are probably right. I reconsidered my statement.

Although I still believe there is no need to punch the dead [game], the studio being closed - thats something potential buyers might want to know. The game is not officially cancelled but the studio is definitely closed as per WARN statement. (I believe so?)

Isnt the studio open, it just doesn't have anyone working there? so technically everyone at the studio is working on the game? Might be wrong.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DoomsdayDuck555 said:

Isnt the studio open, it just doesn't have anyone working there? so technically everyone at the studio is working on the game? Might be wrong.

One message above mine Scarecrow said that the studio was officially closed. So... yeah I guess its closed. Although it does not mean that there is absolutely nobody working on the game.

Edited by atomontage

6 hours ago, Izny said:

The easterbunny is real

Dude, it isn't conjecture or speculation.  The WARN notice literally indicates the closure of the studio. Go look it up.

It's weird how many people in this forum would rather act like Take 2's civil defense attorneys than wronged consumers. 

It's so far from my personal values to tow company policies and point out fine print than actually try to fight a company that has taken people's money and run off with it. I just don't get it at all.

No one is defending Take 2. Or Steam.

Everyone is just sick of it already.

Is it really that important to stay mad that as you start to cool off on something you need something new to stay mad at?

It need not be about being/staying mad at all. But as things stand now, the Steam page is deceptive, sells a product as more than it will ever be. I'm generically opposed to inaccurate advertising. And  as KSP branded product, I more specifically don't want people associating the negative surprise they'll be getting with the KSP.

For us fans it's obvious what has happened, but there are still people out there who have heard vaguely good things about KSP, see there's a sequel and assume the sequel naturally must be better. So they try it, get turned off the franchise, and we lose people who might have played KSP1 instead and stayed. Such people should be more critical consumers, but we also should try to make things clearer for everyone.

Posted (edited)

I don't need convinced of that. My brother's 3 kids got turned off from KSP because of the console edition, and never looked back no matter how much I tried to convince them - including the one who loves NASA.

But even that doesn't matter in the long run. Anybody tricked by stale advertising on a cancelled game project are just learning the lesson now instead of later.

The entire Internet is chock full of people lying to take your money. It's weird to me that this one super niche area of it is the part worth all the ire.

Maybe I'm just calloused beyond the point of caring anymore.

Edited by Superfluous J

On 6/30/2024 at 4:12 AM, Stevie_D said:

Thank you for reading this public service announcement. ;)

There nothing service about your announcement.  KSP 1 is dead.  The developer left it for new games.   

I honestly think anti KSP 2 steam posters are KSP 1 mod developers and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Just the fact they keep posting this nonsense here and on steam to flood and trash up the boards with filth is enough to think there are some gears that aren't turning correctly.

So to the rest of the posters, not sure why you would put up with it. 

11 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

I don't need convinced of that. My brother's 3 kids got turned off from KSP because of the console edition, and never looked back no matter how much I tried to convince them - including the one who loves NASA.

But even that doesn't matter in the long run. Anybody tricked by stale advertising on a cancelled game project are just learning the lesson now instead of later.

The entire Internet is chock full of people lying to take your money. It's weird to me that this one super niche area of it is the part worth all the ire.

Maybe I'm just calloused beyond the point of caring anymore.

That's like saying we shouldn't tell people to lock their doors in a rough neighborhood because they'll learn when they're robbed.

And again, people care so much about this one super niche part because that super niche part is this community

On 7/1/2024 at 9:40 AM, 8umblebee said:

wronged consumers. 

Some of us saw what was happening and didn't consume. Every gamer needs to get personally burned by a pre-order at least once, it seems.

If you bought the game as-is for what it was at time of purchase, then you bought early access and got what you paid for.

If you bought based on promises of what it would become in the future, then you gambled on a pre-order and lost. Don't do that again.