What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

10 hours ago, Tecorian said:

Oh, thats great - exactly what iu need to have - plz continue with development and hopefully release for the communtity!

Thanks! :) Currently creating a runway doesn't work and I'm trying to figure out how Making History's Mission Builder does it. Such is the nature of a prototype, but it does integrate with the VAB/SPH launch site selector.

A very busy day here at KSC,  for the robotic probes and mission.

I explored the WOLF resource gathering system from USI. I thought I  could  build an off world fuel refinery, but the cost involved were too great. I needed money, and I knew how i could get it.

I researched the slope biome of Minmus, and set up a few ExoticMinerals extractors. I then sent a Hopper to collect these resources from the WOLF to the real world.

screenshot452.png

screenshot459.png

screenshot461.png

screenshot472.png

I would then launch a Cargo Vehicle aimed at collecting the ExoticMinerals from the orbital hopper and delivering it back to Kerbin,

screenshot463.png

screenshot465.png

screenshot467.png

screenshot473.png

screenshot476.png

In other news, the two Dunatian probes reached their destination!

The first one was the Karbonite Hopper.

screenshot483.png

It braked into a nice low Dunatian Orbit, and then entered the atmosphere.

screenshot493.png

This is the Hopper's secret - 2 Karbonite collectors that work overtime in Duna's atmospere to collect the fuel and electricity source for the hopper. With a Karbonite electric generator, the hopper will work even during night times.

screenshot496.png

screenshot506.png

The hopper uses the Karbonite it collected during its descent for the final leg of its landing process.

The Duna Complex with it's relays and resource surveyor also arrived

screenshot485.png

Spoiler

Duna looks like a scary Eye

screenshot490.png

Edited by Selective Genius
embedding errors

On 6/9/2024 at 8:24 PM, Angelo Kerman said:

I created a prototype of a mod called Kerbal Statics:

It works off-world too:

Out of curiosity, what's the intended scope for this?  Just launch pads or will it be possible to build colony buildings?

5 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Out of curiosity, what's the intended scope for this?  Just launch pads or will it be possible to build colony buildings?

I'm not sure yet. Right now it's academic research to see how to add custom launchpads and runways. I'd like to have a statics editor that lets you place colony buildings and such, but one that works similarly to building vessels. If I can pull that off, then we'll see from there. I don't know if that means something completely new or possibly an update to Kerbal Konstructs- it's editor needs some help!

I saw a comet:

T3C9eDp.jpeg

LPdTM37.jpeg

pxiAorN.jpeg

I didn't know they were visible from so far away. I don't have Distant Object Enhancement installed, so this was a pleasant surprise.

HCZ3dbG.jpeg

Oops

D9imODm.jpeg

The N0-RSK-1 leaves for deep space. It will leave Kerbin's sphere of influence and return with the science generated.

FX2EaPX.jpeg

XWnVmyt.jpeg

I landed next to the KSC. I didn't plan this, but when Trajectories said I would get close, I maneuvered a little to bring it closer.

dJPYaGd.jpeg

On our way to the Mun.

2LEVqFy.jpeg

The RSK-7's abort system isn't ejected, because I don't have the .6m decoupler yet. Then, on my way home, I realized it came with a built-in decoupler system. Oh well.

Edited by Kimera Industries
Typo

IT'S SR-71 TIME, BABY!!!!

pBoq5eW.jpeg

ikMgMjv.jpeg

SSvRYnz.jpeg

Both engines have flamed out... does this count as a dual unstart?

iDhrkKH.jpeg

6EZXgzl.jpeg

Approaching the enemy silos now... (the white tail cone is from a bug in the KSP Dark Parts mod, I had to go into the config files and fix it)

38TwoK0.jpeg

Success! Images captured in full resolution!

I used a camera mod for this, it was fun to recreate a mostly functional mission.

lKJrxR3.jpeg

A most unusual landing

NW0gSuh.jpeg

It would not stop pitching up, so it flew up quite a ways, eventually pointing straight up before it stalled. I only barely recovered in time to just scrape off one engine.

Looks at the kerbal's faces. They say it all.

IT'S ALSO X-15 TIME!!!

cXy0flT.jpeg

FSJkDte.jpeg

bEfkgU1.jpeg

Why use an entire B-52 when you could bolt some wings on?

ewN2fKR.jpeg

Also a U-2 but it didn't perform as expected.

bwPktuF.jpeg

IT'S ALSO SEAPLANE TIME!!!

(apologies I am just excited by planes)

xbsN2BN.jpeg

I love seaplane time. It gives me a chance to remember KSP's water physics.

Uu9Hibp.jpeg

Yes, those same water physics that make your plane fly into the air at 1500 m/s.

mG66rJ2.jpeg

But the pilot's OK. I think. He did just get yeeted at Mach 4, so he might need some snacks. Also intensive medical care for the next 5 years. Who knows. Isn't science fun?

On 6/11/2024 at 7:11 AM, TheKspEngineer said:

Screenshot2024060611.jpg

I built my first ever SSTO it is propelled by four 0.365 panther style jet engines from Airplane+ and one downsized bobcat.

Nice Cockpit, which mod?

7 hours ago, Nightside said:

Awesome!

Ill give it a try!

can the static be adjusted after placement?

No, it's fixed. Right now the DLC is handling static placement, and I don't have control over rotating or moving it. My next investigation is to figure out how I can move statics around as if moving parts around.

10 hours ago, SolMonster3318 said:

Well you did ask what i did in ksp today so what i did is got 3 kerbals stuck in a mun escape trajectory i did not intend for that i dont want my kerbals in a high kerbol orbit i want them on the mun

These things happen. 

15 hours ago, SolMonster3318 said:

Well you did ask what i did in ksp today so what i did is got 3 kerbals stuck in a mun escape trajectory i did not intend for that i dont want my kerbals in a high kerbol orbit i want them on the mun

I have done this at least once.  Stranding your kerbels is a right of passage in KSP.  

Crashing the rescue ship while trying to rescue said kerbels is too. ;p

8 hours ago, N_Danger said:

I have done this at least once.  Stranding your kerbels is a right of passage in KSP.  

Crashing the rescue ship while trying to rescue said kerbels is too. ;p

Yeah when i sent the rescue ship i had to send another ship to go rescue the rescue ship because i did not stage or well i did not stage it very well

Edited by SolMonster3318

On 6/11/2024 at 8:21 PM, Kimera Industries said:

I didn't know they were visible from so far away.

Comets are a nice addition to the game. If you can rendezvous with one inside Kerbin's orbit, the tail effects are worth the effort (at least once). I wish they worked with JNSQ.

9 hours ago, N_Danger said:

Yeah... I once ran out of fuel, sent a rescue ship... without parachutes. 

Today I landed on Mun in the dark - not worth a picture.  I overshot the landing a few km because I came from Minmus and still had 3/4 fuel left. So I'll have to hop back to pick up the deployed science equipment before departing for Dres. I had plenty of storage to launch with 2 sets of equipment... but no.

Edited by Krazy1

43 minutes ago, TwoCalories said:

"X-15 taking off by itself isn't real, it can't hurt you."

That is why mine launches from under the wing of my B-52. One day I will get around to building the internals for them.

yBI22eR.png0nkLosR.pngIWE0ZnA.png

Set up a refueling depot on minmus with an optimal launch window to the munmus transfer station.

Realized I Forgot the Converters... Tortuga II os sitting right next to Torgtuga One.

Which is Missing Ore Tanks.. I added the notepad from CKAN.

Went for a night time Hot Air Balloon ride. It looks warm. With the burner at full the Mk1-3 command pod can maintain around 1.8km altitude, which is good for doing base jumping.

asgyLWZ.pngXgwlrbI.png