My wife and I played the demo of Aska over the past 2 days, and are pretty much gonna buy it the second it comes out.

Valheim with a bit of Rimworld colony management. If it had spaceships and conveyor belts I'd probably never be heard from again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1898300/ASKA/

Edited by Superfluous J

4 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

My wife and I played the demo of Aska over the past 2 days, and are pretty much gonna buy it the second it comes out.

Valheim with a bit of Rimworld colony management. If it had spaceships and conveyor belts I'd probably never be heard from again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1898300/ASKA/

I like the challenge of exploration & find myself drawn to survival crafters.. but the raid mechanic of Valheim is a bit irritating.  

I use the No Raid mod when i play at home, but my buddies server is un modded and they have ashlands beat. I cannot build without getting constantly hounded. 
I know late game the new patch has minions and part of the challenge is to build fortifications, but i find myself more drawn to enshrouded.

I am wanted to Try Flight of Nova and wish Archean had support for AMD
This looks pretty bad ass, ive been trying the 3d Rim World clones like Going Mideval, Alien Dawn and Mercury Fallen.
Im going to have to check it out.

I try not to get excited about pre release EA, but star Trucker and Prison Architect 2 cant come out fast enough

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

58 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

i find myself more drawn to enshrouded

I like most everything about Enshrouded better than I do Valheim, except building. I'm hoping a revamp to building or at least a few QOL additions (like blueprinting areas and/or copy/paste) is forthcoming.

7 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I am trying to decide on whether to get "Flight of Nova" or "Children of a Dead Earth" cany anyone weigh in and help me decide? 

Do you want to build or do you want to fly? Nova seems like it's trying to do Elite with better physics, CoaDE is its own very distinct and nerdy thing.

UBoat

Finally!  The game is getting ready for official release, it's on sale, and they have all the tools working in their unstable beta that I used in my Silent Hunter 3 days.

I am hunting the North Atlantic once again.  ...and I feel guilty that I didn't pay full price for this masterpiece.

6 hours ago, DDE said:

Do you want to build or do you want to fly? Nova seems like it's trying to do Elite with better physics, CoaDE is its own very distinct and nerdy thing.

I can't decide and that's the problem.

I think KSP1 had a pretty good package for things I general look for in a game. I like Elite Dangerous & think it's great but am going to try the CoDE first.

I cruised over to the forum and lurked a bit. I think having an active community around the game with a centralized place to congregate is likely what decided it. 

9 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I can't decide and that's the problem.

I think KSP1 had a pretty good package for things I general look for in a game. I like Elite Dangerous & think it's great but am going to try the CoDE first.

I cruised over to the forum and lurked a bit. I think having an active community around the game with a centralized place to congregate is likely what decided it. 

I played CoDE for 36 minutes, 2 years ago.  Have not touched it since.  Something about it, just didn't really sit right with me.  I'm kinda sci-fi nerdy and like the popular Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc.  types of space battle.  CoDE felt like I was just installing 15 guns on the end of a Hubble space telescope.  It just wasn't that fun... and I came to the conclusion rapidly.

I played it for a little while earlier today but it doesn't flow as well as i was hoping.. I saw the visual and can overlook that some degree. especially if there is a modding community.

The community seems rather large. (for independent geek game forum) i Imagine i will put it on the back burner and lurk in the CoDE forum for awhile before i try playing again.
It seems to have all the elements i want, so maybe it will grow on me. Definitely did not have the out the gate excitement that KSP1 did. Could be my experience with KSP has jaded me a bit to other experiences or maybe just the seasonal stuff messing with my depression.

Cant seem to find a game that gives me that feel of a major connection.  Just kinda meh in general, try a new game each weekend but so far nothing really resonates.  Onto Flight of Nova next weekend

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

I started to curate a custom mod build and have gotten completely side tracked by a mini game i have discovered.

ZU7dkca.png

I call it Label Maker - CKAN edition.

Since discovering this a little bit earlier.. I already have 6 hours in and  I must say, I think I'm addicted. 

Even once i finish the first playthrough, I anticipate a few sleepless nights over  some in game decisions that were made. I will likely continue to refine my process and create a series of "sub" labels for the game and play around with the color combining effects somewhat reminiscent of older games like alchemy.