KSP2 Hype Train Thread

42 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I'm curious.. do you guys still doubt the scale and ambition of KSP2? Am I still crazy for asking to have weather visuals and all the stuff?

No, you’re not crazy.  

1 hour ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Thanks! I have a few plans for what I want to do using the known new parts, but failing that I'll probably just stick a capsule on a bunch of hydrogen tanks with a nuclear engine and forget the return trip, For All Mankind style. Rescue mission? That's something for future me to worry about.

May you complete the mission objective in honour of our great nation, comrade!

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

image.png

We do know and it will life pre launch

"Content and reviews'.

Maybe a canned 'press package' of stuff they did - or content they were given to show along with their first impressions? 

Interesting the rumors about stream deck stuff (c.f. Scott Manley rumor) so maybe the gameplay content is reserved for launch day? 

I'm guessing we can interpret that at least some of them were able to take streams - but may be contractually limited on when they are allowed to release the streams - which sounds like not til launch.  At the same time reviews with some form of content should be out soon. 

1 minute ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

"Content and reviews'.

Maybe a canned 'press package' of stuff they did - or content they were given to show along with their first impressions? 

Interesting the rumors about stream deck stuff (c.f. Scott Manley rumor) so maybe the gameplay content is reserved for launch day? 

I'm guessing we can interpret that at least some of them were able to take streams - but may be contractually limited on when they are allowed to release the streams - which sounds like not til launch.  At the same time reviews with some form of content should be out soon. 

I dont know if no gameplay streams means no gameplay livestreams or no gameplay, though judging by the recording software I'm guessing the former.

17 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

image.png

We do know and it will life pre launch

Because one person said it would some time ago, this is the problem with the gaming community ( myself included ), we will take anything one person says at any one point, and call that the gospel. 

This is why developers hold back information, hold back what they think, what the current plans are, because plans change, but someone will take what they said before as some kind of cross your heart and hope to die promise. 

Just now, DwightLee said:

Because one person said it would some time ago, this is the problem with the gaming community ( myself included ), we will take anything one person says at any one point, and call that the gospel. 

This is why developers hold back information, hold back what they think, what the current plans are, because plans change, but someone will take what they said before as some kind of cross your heart and hope to die promise. 

This is literally a community manager who works at intercept games and it was about a week ago after the event. I seriously doubt they changed the specifics of the NDA agreement midway through the event and when it was intended to expire because ??????. 

I feel like this hype train is entering the station at full speed, but train cars  are on fire. I love the devs, but DAMM

yay: it out now, remastered kerbin system,  promise of new content

nay: a lot missing from trailer at launch,  those insane graphics requirements

Just now, not giving a name said:

the new VAB!

How people can continuously forget the thing that constitutes almost half of the playing time?

Just now, Master39 said:

the new VAB!

How people can continuously forget the thing that constitutes almost half of the playing time?

I am indifferent to the new VAB, I know others love the new one, but the old one is perfectly serviceable, and I see no big flaws/issues

5 minutes ago, not giving a name said:

I am indifferent to the new VAB, I know others love the new one, but the old one is perfectly serviceable, and I see no big flaws/issues

Just to put it into perspective, if they announced the functionality of KSP2 VAB for KSP1 I would gladly pay a 15-25€ price for it as a DLC.

A little more if we include consistent controls among the VAB and the Hangar (the unified scene in KSP2 assures that) and the reorganized parts palette, thousands of hours in KSP and I still struggle to find the parts I'm searching for (that's a portion of the "lego experience" I'm happy to leave behind). 

Edited by Master39

2 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Just to put it into perspective, if they announced the functionality of KSP2 VAB for KSP1 I would gladly pay a 15-25€ price for it as a DLC.

I would as well, if KSP 1's performance issues didn't lead to me scrapping basically everything I build :D

Yes, KSP 2 is demanding. It at least has the benefit that the developers aren't going to put proper optimisations off for 10 years and rely on Unity updates to do all the heavy lifting.

Edited by Bej Kerman

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I'm curious.. do you guys still doubt the scale and ambition of KSP2? Am I still crazy for asking to have weather visuals and all the stuff?

Honestly, yeah, a bit crazy.  Photo-real visuals are such a tiny part of a game like Kerbal, its a waste of development time and client system resource to be forcing realistic clouds and other non-functional eye candy as fundamental features.

KSP 2's promise was a core experience of liquid-smooth and stable physics simulation, ISRU, colonies, near-future technologies, multiple star systems...  all the things that made KSP 1 crap the bed at scale.  These are must-have's.  Pretty atmospheric effects... not so much.

1 hour ago, not giving a name said:

I feel like this hype train is entering the station at full speed, but train cars  are on fire. I love the devs, but DAMM

The hype train has a minor explosion of 50 megatons before losing all engine pressure following the realization that it needed to upgrade its computers, we are picking up speed again because we will get a decrease in necessary specs

11 hours ago, SSTO Crasher said:

The hype train has a minor explosion of 50 megatons before losing all engine pressure following the realization that it needed to upgrade its computers, we are picking up speed again because we will get a decrease in necessary specs

The train doesn't really even exist anymore. At best by the time it gets there it will be a burning wreck shooting past the station into a canyon. At worst it will suffer a boiler explosion as it passes and incinerate the station. Jeb would be proud. :sticktongue:

Edited by Minmus Taster

6 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

The train doesn't really even exist anymore. At best by the time it gets there it will be a burning wreck shooting past the station in a canyon. At worst it will suffer a boiler explosion as it passes and incinerate the station. Jeb would be proud. :sticktongue:

Dont worry I used flex tape its fine (I hope)

Someone on discord pointed out this stream tomorrow, the corner picture appears to show him sitting at the computer during the event and while theres not many pictures of him he appeared to be at the event? So yeah embargo likely drops tomorrow morning

Edited by Strawberry

⚠️ Attention Passengers ⚠️

The Hype Train will be entering the station at Mach 10 in approximately 107 hours. Please check the area around your seat for your belongings, and prepare to don your Personal Life Support Systems. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ABLATIVE OUTERGARMENT IS ATTACHED SECURELY BEFORE DISEMBARKING THE VEHICLE!

16 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

⚠️ Attention Passengers ⚠️

The Hype Train will be entering the station at Mach 10 in approximately 107 hours. Please check the area around your seat for your belongings, and prepare to don your Personal Life Support Systems. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ABLATIVE OUTERGARMENT IS ATTACHED SECURELY BEFORE DISEMBARKING THE VEHICLE!

counterpoint

5600m/s "cruise missile" at your 4 o clock, for the funny it wont be missing.

18 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Someone on discord pointed out this stream tomorrow, the corner picture appears to show him sitting at the computer during the event and while theres not many pictures of him he appeared to be at the event? So yeah embargo likely drops tomorrow morning

Interesting, this picture seems to be from a cinematic. Intro cinematic maybe?

3 hours ago, not giving a name said:

Others have mentioned the VAB, but also: new and bigger parts (from crew parts to cargo bays to new engines to nuclear reactors), new maneuver system that lets electrical propulsion be viable, proper tutorials, new system for different fuel types and associated mechanics, graphics that I still think look good regardless of all the debate, somewhat less kraken-ness, new UI, new music, procedural wings, etc etc.