KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Oh but they do. Watch it. One second it shows 26 seconds, a second later it's 27. It keeps adding!

The only exception is when it hits 59, but it's an exception that proves the rule. Also it happens only exactly once in a minute, I can deal with such odds.

On 12/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

'They' is getting annoying. 

Would be less annoying if some were not 'they'.  It is okay to have a 'he' like Jeb and a 'she' like Val.  If Mitbles Kerman really prefers to be a 'they' I will respect that. 

Please stop with the over use of 'they'. 

It smacks of corporate dishonesty and pandering. 

Edit (please see my follow up response below for clarity)  

Dude who cares…

4 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

Dude who cares…

You know by asking this, you're basically inviting 20 some odd people to go "I care," right?

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

Hope some hype fuels this train before it fully derails.

I don't think it's so much that we're out of fuel, it's more so that we just kind of exhausted the topics. Plus, the hype has to take on different forms. It's not like we can go wait outside of Gamestop for that spiritual moment of getting your copy the literal moment the store opens anymore, because practically no one worth salt does physical releases anymore.
Not really a jab at physical releases, I love owning the games I paid for, but it's more so the companies that can afford to do physical releases are basically in the toilet in terms of quality right now.

6 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

Dude who cares…

So, this is a tough one because we don't want a big fight that drifts into the "p" word needlessly, especially not one that ends up locking the Hype thread. There is a somewhat practical reason however that Kerbals wouldn't require an in-game gender specification: there are more than just 2 models now and it allows lots of combinations of hairstyles and glasses and uniqueness and leaves the rest to the imagination. It's also probably wise to leave kerbal reproduction as vague as possible. I mean you might have a colony with all "male" kerbals.. and ...? Probably best to just not have players worry about that. This is a game for all ages after all. Just leave the designation off and let players decide. The "they"s are probably there for the same reason I use them frequently on the board--because I don't know and don't want to assume. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Maybe kerbals have just one gender and can change hairstyles to whatever looks the best with the shape of their face. Let’s face it. The kerbals are aliens and can have a whole other unique system unconnected to our system of genders on Earth. In the end, it will all be up to the devs to decide on kerbal physiology, and as such, we should stop arguing about it because at this stage in development someone has probably already figured it out.

I implied it earlier in thread.  

Now I’m stating it.    We’ve had kerbal gender threads in the past, they’ve never ended well.  This is not a thread for that discussion.  This is a thread for the discussion of your excitement about the upcoming game.    Let’s keep it to that please.  

On 12/27/2022 at 12:29 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

'They' is getting annoying. 

Would be less annoying if some were not 'they'.  It is okay to have a 'he' like Jeb and a 'she' like Val.  If Mitbles Kerman really prefers to be a 'they' I will respect that. 

Please stop with the over use of 'they'. 

It smacks of corporate dishonesty and pandering. 

Edit (please see my follow up response below for clarity)  

If you don't know their pronouns, they is fine. If nobody relevant to the grid of gender-ambiguous Kerbals complains about it and nobody was correcting pronouns and everyone behind the scenes was fine with they, then it was used correctly! Please stop complaining about how people (or fictional characters e.g. those Kerbals) like to refer to themselves, because that's exactly what you don't want to do. Don't object to how people refer to themselves if they are fine with their pronouns. Don't call certain pronouns "annoying and overused" because, well, I really don't have to explain to someone in 2022 why it's bad to target certain pronouns and, by extension, people's identities. It's possible to say that freedom of pronouns is good and make it clear that companies shouldn't be in it only for the money, but this isn't how. You only had to say "I'm on board as long the intern behind the monitor here is doing this for the community and not for the profit margin".

If Intercept decides to go in the direction of Outer Wilds and remove gender from Kerbals entirely and this is just a breadcrumb hinting at that kind of decision, then I'm entirely fine with that anyway, and before anyone brings up boom events, there's no reason boom event reproduction has to be gendered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Gargamel said:

I implied it earlier in thread.  

Now I’m stating it.    We’ve had kerbal gender threads in the past, they’ve never ended well.  This is not a thread for that discussion.  This is a thread for the discussion of your excitement about the upcoming game.    Let’s keep it to that please.  

This had not come through yet when I was still writing this. Apologies.

6 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

I am hyped for KSP2. After christmas, I realised that in only 3 months, there will be a copy of ksp2 RUNNING ON MY COMPUTER AND I CAN'T WAIT!!

Actually, its 60 days, so basically 2 months!

Edited by Thundy

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

It's this year™

As we've been saying for a couple of years now

All the other delays happened before a solid release date came. We've got a solid release date now, which we wouldn't have if the game wasn't in a good state.

There's also no more lockdowns and the game's already went through its increase in scope.

If you're going to be pessimistic, then it's probably best to have some actual evidence that supports your pessimistic outlook :)

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

It's this year™

As we've been saying for a couple of years now

I'm pretty hyped to benchmark my current gaming computer against the new physics system to see how it'll hold up against the 1.0 release in XX months.