KSP2 Hype Train Thread

14 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

This might help :D
ss_645f8dd254a92bf89f809901bdc021c9b4a03

A very good look at the KSC. I wonder what these 8 or more circular buildings are. Maybe fuel storage that actually has a use?

Edited by Datau03

1 minute ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Why isn't it a good sign?

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

It's not a bad sign either. But a lot of people were worried about the 'pre-alpha' text on the texts a month ago. Them being in Beta now is actually a good thing. Shows things are progressing. Now if only we could get some gameplay footage of the beta build with descent frame rates. 

Also, if anyone's interested, the screenshots were added 10 hours ago:

Kerbal Space Program 2 (App 954850) · History · SteamDB

Also also, I just want to say I love that we're seeing kitbash stuff like this:

----

Without us knowing their nomenclature/hierarchy/internal timeline anybodys guess is as good as my cats. But yes things are apparently progressing.

things i noticed in features episode 6

new larger landing leg with aero cover

and only one wheel type?

6so3y83-eA9kT3DhWd4IpNT1m9sdbyHbVrdfkCy9oRRGUwDxKh8jONFKi_d5VrMYQs7jgF1hSZvqpgZLQsI9Gidamzj8cVmhE61utXEf8RQlOlXb9AZCpa1SnhcuUWincQyUpnq5S6MzfL69bKmkwlzH7G2UaAhb2Nc2ng7_HqWBii45MCkRdJj0TiV7IA

atmosphere entry marker, handy for low orbits and aerobraking. or its impact marker.

Cee8I-ZCFp-6PunxgQqBnAas6eN7ck4KILxE_a9nkjpXjQprHb9xqI065_GzQ7p9dXKDyvta4vOREL9zoKRxGirBU1CWLYIFWMfHpOuR1hlzt-kmiodJqbYrn2auetlpR-8zB379yJr3CDjsTVip1gmaBqF4BTYbA6kDZO6rBI4V_1rgM_9rHdRGi85QKg

burn timer

• start burn in

• stop burn in

y5ldiDYl2IW7zdZmVfWTYnbrw3FmY2JC7TUv0Z49-mZbSgNWhlVu-8e-RETgZ_wvlTCL9z2rgTbG0XySGAKDx2vpClV2G1gljIYf-IjR4ofJGA5G91jlMtpMBGeWEnrmUT8ZRFgMtCjnrcEedjJRAoTkL-TgV_AC3XJmCNxsBwqSaCkD-LDLoV4Y3GN9CQ

new massive nuclear engines

6mghTuPWVjuMx6cdKV3OOS6kxxIfzmXqtuGoeRel-lkxYGWtwNYpO3WP8K3sG01cKxawkqTBjeqgP7y_ISZ_8xit9MW3Bt2Bl65dlvIIb6_vMiNkMhZvbaenKLSku-mQ95-qOBIb23xmS29QaS03PfLlgqJr_X1oCoNZmFnPqF1Awqo7hfGkuX021PaPLw

this ship is going 2km/s at 32km altitude, and there is no aero vfx, im pretty sure there should be some bright orange air surrounding the craft.

skUdmSKSDPa5UQu1gYiMN3DOEddlSZZMoRI1a8yNGpzWVmZ7II_fS7tJLT2N-7I9tumy7pKamSOeAI3RbijW037L-ViQGCtCN2u7doegZwSC2V5H4FqZbnDFzSvg12T0I0a4Qc2KZ4JMWm8My1EAMcT5kid6dfF1vGhJZ_4R8ipqArkdRgUh6GWJNaTtjA

what could this stream of something coming out off the parachute bay be?

e5BFptboSL_Annc1KOmnBE79pnXN7BrKahWC465QxKgVbs7gLbGFaVDq34IKdTaNpKpV3DGG1TmrP1fBzTppzh5HPPY9zTXTLvOFHZIGYlCfSM4CWMprhYGczwi7ttRFbiDa2Sm6zwMlym0ecAnMo77oJ-YhIIitjpNtGcttx5saMrfEKQMyWIMWJi4nuA

This one made me smile.

ss_9254ff2b95e192ed5d7259a59fd92e298aec3

All is not lost!

also... not gonna lie.

I clicked my mouse to grab the screen to rotate this and see the back side.  Wanted to adjust the view and see what the connections looked like for the rail to the rover to see if there were any robotics parts I could identify...

ss_6101c3ee688501084cbd79e96f50ec6714f6b 

(Didn't work, obviously... but I somehow slipped into KSP mode without thinking about it!)

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

3 hours ago, KalleHeHa said:

what could this stream of something coming out off the parachute bay be?

e5BFptboSL_Annc1KOmnBE79pnXN7BrKahWC465QxKgVbs7gLbGFaVDq34IKdTaNpKpV3DGG1TmrP1fBzTppzh5HPPY9zTXTLvOFHZIGYlCfSM4CWMprhYGczwi7ttRFbiDa2Sm6zwMlym0ecAnMo77oJ-YhIIitjpNtGcttx5saMrfEKQMyWIMWJi4nuA

Could be the parachute tethers/lines paired with some AA/Sun reflection shenanigans, as the top of the capsule is opened aswell.

It’s nice to have some new screens finally. The “pre-alpha”, “alpha”, “beta”, etc tags are completely meaningless. Every single screen could be labeled as pre-alpha right up to release date and the game would be completely the same. It is a PR thing so ignore it. 

45 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

It’s nice to have some new screens finally. The “pre-alpha”, “alpha”, “beta”, etc tags are completely meaningless. Every single screen could be labeled as pre-alpha right up to release date and the game would be completely the same. It is a PR thing so ignore it. 

Might be.  The conventions have meanings, however.  Like - there may be an actual Beta going on that we don't know about; folks like Scott Manley and other top streamers, modders and others who are under NDAs but who are also experienced enough with KSP to be contributing to an actual Beta testing period.  Mind you, this is pure speculation... but it would make sense if they're labeling things now as "Beta"  - which, given the timing (so many, many Pre-Alpha tagged things, then Alpha tags started showing, and now Beta is being displayed.)

If this supposition is correct... then we might compress whatever timelines we've made up for how long the EA Roadmap portions might last.  I know I've made up and expressed my opinions on this... but if I think that a real Beta is ongoing (that I'm unaware of - but if we suppose it) then we can assume non-studio, non-insider people are play-testing on a variety of PCs and they are finding a lot of the rough patches that otherwise might mar the Early Access experience.  Meaning, that EA (Sandbox) might be a lot more polished that I anticipated when they first announced EA.  If so, the 'find the bugs during Sandbox' phase could be relatively short.  Especially if any of the Beta includes some access to Science - or any other step in the Roadmap - which could make Science playable sooner, and thus Colonies not on some distant horizon.

(i.e. the 'What is that thing' thing on top of the rocket)

ss_e8420e5fdbcfcb0d1ae35605e8ff58d66deea

What if that is a Colony / Station part... and it is part of a Beta - even if we don't see it during the EA Sandbox portion, the beta testing of Colony Station parts now basically implies that EA might be kinda quick before a full Release.

(Thus endeth the tea-leaf-reading)

51 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

(i.e. the 'What is that thing' thing on top of the rocket)

What if that is a Colony / Station part... and it is part of a Beta - even if we don't see it during the EA Sandbox portion, the beta testing of Colony Station parts now basically implies that EA might be kinda quick before a full Release.

Could be just a fairing being test launched. Or something they wanted hidden as a tease. Or it could be a test to see if whatever is in the fairing can actualy be shipped that way.

1 minute ago, Drakenred65 said:

Could be just a fairing

You might be correct - it does have a weird-angle oddly-shaped faring 'feel' to it as well.  Being an actual part... it's kinda 'meh'.

Hope, however, springs eternal

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

'What is that thing' thing on top of the rocket

Looks like a pipe that Italian plumbers use to traverse time and space. If you jump into it, it functions as a wormhole...

Mario Kerman confirmed?

Edited by TLTay

15 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Looks like a pipe that Italian plumbers use to traverse time and space. If you jump into it, it functions as a wormhole...

Mario Kerman confirmed?

Ive been trying to formulate this joke all day.