KSP2 Hype Train Thread

4 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Most people attribute the liquid oceans to tidal heating similar to Io. You would expect some big volcanism though. 

It's been a sort of hopeless-hope that they'll add volcanism to Laythe in the new game. I just realized that this impact means there is a large crater on most of the atmospheric planets in the Kerbolar system, interesting.

16 hours ago, Vl3d said:

@Ghostii_Spaceare we getting a new KSP2 trailer for Christmas? You're the only person who can quell the rumors.

So you picked up on a piece of wild speculation, embellished it and spread it around, and that's a rumour now is it?

Edited by Deddly

[snip]

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

So you picked up on a piece of wild speculation, embellished it and spread it around, and that's a rumour now is it?

[snip] As you can also read in other posts, some of us in the community thought a new trailer may be coming out this Holiday Season. Now we know it's not, case closed.

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

I feel like we will have another delay for EA. I'm also following Hogwarts Legacy game and they have already shown gameplay videos and many other details. I havent seen something similar from KSP2. These 2 games will be published to users in the same month. We should have seen something already like an actual game play etc. I'm not talking about some videos like part of a fly but continues play such as making the rocket and firing to the space.

I guess they still have some things to hide/fıx therefore we may have another delay. if I check the history, that's very normal.

8 hours ago, Deddly said:
14 hours ago, Vl3d said:

@Ghostii_Spaceare we getting a new KSP2 trailer for Christmas? You're the only person who can quell the rumors.

This is one of their more believable claims - with KSP 2 less than 10 weeks away (the last four years flown by, this wait will be nothing to me), the idea of a new KSP 2 trailer is certainly a billion times more believable than the idea of MMO gameplay in KSP 2 and the hasty assumption that Unity 2021 LTS had a major affect on KSP 2's release date (under the super clickbaity title "Unity 2021 LTS brings KSP2 closer to release", no less), both things Vl3d has argued for in the past. Point being, this isn't their first time embellishing blind speculation :cool:

In seriousness, now would be a good time to start on making a gameplay trailer that consolidates all we've learned from the past few years of snippets and teasers. You can dig through videos old and new to see interstellar ships being released from their support clamps and rovers being driven around, but it'd do good if you could see things like this in action from KSP 2's steam page. It's only a crime that the steam page has no videos of the Orion drive in action, not even pictures of it!

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

Ghostii implied that December would be different, though never said how it would be different. 

With the way things went, we usually got a Dev Diary one month and a Show and Tell the next, and it would continue this order.

One assumption I have is that we will get both in one month. My assumption on the time frame of the Show and Tell is Christmas Day. I would bet the Youtube Video is already uploaded and is unlisted, scheduled to be released Christmas Day. What that Show and Tell may be, I don't know. If I had to guess, I would say it might be a 5-to-10-minute uninterrupted gameplay video.

Another assumption I have is that the team at Intercept has cooked up some kind of Christmas gift for us. What is the gift? Dunno, and honestly, there are tons of things they could give us. Straight up gameplay video, a live stream in which they do a Mun mission, an update to KSP 1 to tie KSP 1 and KSP 2 together, a dev diary with all the devs talking about their contribution to this passion project, a 30-minute demo released on steam to all the owners of KSP 1 and so much more! 

Of course, these are my assumptions, and don't reflect anyone else's. I'm also doubtful that we will get anything big, i.e. the 30 min demo or 10-minutes of uninterrupted gameplay.

Of course, of course, we all know what people say about assuming. Makes an... you probably know the rest. :P So while I do have assumptions, I don't really put any weight behind them. 

I just know this, whatever we get, and whenever we get it, I will be grateful and happy that the team once again chose to share something with us.

Most if not everyone on the team will be on a break on Christmas, most likely. Chance that something will arrive on holiday are close to zero, why? Even if it's scheduled, there will be nobody to possibly moderate comments, answer questions, fix any possible mistakes etc. Guess you don't want to wait until next year to get your concerns answered?

Friday update of any sort? Maaaybe. Though they may be having a xmas party in the office on that day, who knows. Next Friday? More probable. Definitely not on holidays. And we already got something that doesn't quite fit with their usual schedule "S&T/Dev diary/video interchangeably, by the end of the month". So it is different.

4 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

the idea of a new KSP 2 trailer is certainly a billion times more believable than the idea of MMO gameplay in KSP 2 and the hasty assumption that Unity 2021 LTS had a major affect on KSP 2's release date (under the super clickbaity title "Unity 2021 LTS brings KSP2 closer to release", no less), both things Vl3d has argued for in the past

[snip]

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Most if not everyone on the team will be on a break on Christmas, most likely. Chance that something will arrive on holiday are close to zero, why? Even if it's scheduled, there will be nobody to possibly moderate comments, answer questions, fix any possible mistakes etc. Guess you don't want to wait until next year to get your concerns answered?

Friday update of any sort? Maaaybe. Though they may be having a xmas party in the office on that day, who knows. Next Friday? More probable. Definitely not on holidays. And we already got something that doesn't quite fit with their usual schedule "S&T/Dev diary/video interchangeably, by the end of the month". So it is different.

Like I said, only a guess. And yeah, they could do the Friday before Christmas and just call it a early Christmas gift, or they could wait until next Friday, but the chance of Christmas Day, imo, is not 'close to zero'. Moderate comments? Turn them off until you come back. Answer questions? I've never seen the KSP youtube channel answering comments. Fix any possible mistakes? Okay, yeah, that one is a biggy, but that's a risk some other youtubers take with scheduled videos, and I'm willing to bet Intercept is willing to take that risk as well. Besides, they could take down the video and upload a fixed one if need be when they return and apologize for the screw up. 

Friday and the next are both tied up in Holidays. Anything we get will probably be, imo, either Today (Wednesday), Tomorrow (Thursday), or Monday to Thursday next week. 

Some content has been redacted and/or removed.  Folks, some gentle reminders:

• Please don't speculate about other people's intentions or motivations.  It makes things personal and never ends well.  Address the post, not the poster.  If someone says a thing that you disagree with, it's fine to post your rebuttal and why you disagree, but please address the points that they posted rather than addressing the person themselves.
  • If you see someone else doing that, please don't respond in kind.  You're not helping, it further derails the thread, and it just makes more of a mess that makes cleaning up.  Instead, if you see someone getting personal, just report the post and the moderators will have a look as soon as we're able.
  • Please try to stay on-topic.  "Talking about KSP2 hype" is on-topic for this thread, for example.  "Arguing about arguing" (e.g. taking issue with the way someone else makes their points) is off-topic and doesn't belong here.

To the folks who kept their cool and responded civilly (whether or not your content needed to be removed due to responding to content that was itself removed), thank you for not fanning the flames.  :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Man that was a great Dev Diary though. Thats all I was expecting this month. I can't imagine how hard everyone has been working so I hope a bunch of them are taking a good couple of weeks to refresh. I wont be done till friday and my brain is pudding. 

When do folks think we would know if KSP2 will be at Pax East? I'd love to get a badge but Im only really interested if KSP2 stuff is showing. 

15 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Sorry, I'm out of office until after the New Year! We are not putting out a new trailer for Christmas or New Year. 

Man... ;.;

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Check PC Gamer - I see a new article quoting a 'trusted KSP Forums Source' in our future! 

7Oye.gif

Some more content has been removed.  Folks, a gentle reminder to stay on topic, please?

(The topic of this thread is KSP2 hype, not any drama or moderation that may have ensued in the thread itself.)

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmcNnJRD_is/

That building with the dark coloured dome next to the VAB, is that the Planetarium / Observatory?

And what's that the building with the helipad? Are those two blue pools next to it?

Cool, one of the better views of the new KSC yet. I'm just waiting for someone to make a tentative map for it.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:
That building with the dark coloured dome next to the VAB, is that the Planetarium / Observatory?

And what's that the building with the helipad? Are those two blue pools next to it?

Based on analogs from KSP1 the R+D building is probably whats next to the VAB. In KSP1 it was the Administration building with the helipad and pool.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

There is a helipad. 

That suggests that the robotic parts are still in the game (even if not in the first stage of EA). 

The helipad is likely a leftover from KSP 1 where the administration building had a helipad, I think way before robotic parts were even in the game. The two probably don't correlate, although helicopter parts would be able to use the helipad quite well as in KSP 1.