KSP2 Hype Train Thread

On 12/1/2022 at 12:46 AM, Vl3d said:

LATER EDIT: This is footage from KSP1 + mods. I thought it was KSP2 gameplay because it looks so good. My mistake!

It's easy to recognize as KSP 1 because the parts have less polygons than a Super Mario 64 model.

It just goes to show that you should put thought and logic before hype before you end up mistaking KSP 1 footage for KSP 2 and having PC Gamer articles claiming KSP 2 will have MMO elements.

What am I saying. To Kraken with hype!

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

having PC Gamer articles claiming KSP 2 will have MMO elements

You believe PC Gamer journalists get all their information from my forum posts? Think about what you're saying.

There are obviously leads and sources that point to that possibility for multiplayer.

44 minutes ago, Vl3d said:
3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

having PC Gamer articles claiming KSP 2 will have MMO elements

You believe PC Gamer journalists get all their information from my forum posts?

There are obviously leads and sources that point to that possibility for multiplayer.

A. There aren't any "leads and sources", unless you'd care to point to any

B. They didn't have any citations for "forum member Vl3d—who wrote a post in April that envisioned KSP 2 multiplayer as "a competitive space-race team-based persistent-world MMO with inter-agency contracts and trade"—may be getting their dream for "the greatest game ever made."", which is understandable because the idea of KSP being used as the basis for an MMO is silly, especially with timewarp moving different groups of players to different subspace bubbles.

Bit of a tangent but somewhat relevant, the only things from PCGamer you should ever trust are the bits of articles that quote the devs - everything else is filler or rotten speculation from the journalist.

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

You believe PC Gamer journalists get all their information from my forum posts? Think about what you're saying.

Most 'News' these days is people repoasting twitter nonsense.  Fox, Huffpoast, CNN - they all do it.  Hell, all the NIF articles about Fusion were all expansions on the theme "Financial Times Reports Fusion".

So... yeah.  You are the SOURCE for PC Gamer... like it or else!

On 12/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, Thundy said:

I'm more interested in the reflection on the helmet, I wonderwhat type of reflection it is.
It LOOKS raytraced but let's not jump into conclusions here, Cube maps are capable of getting very similar results; KSP mods already do this. So, I wonder is it dynamic cube maps or something else? Not many types of reflections are capable of reflecting from curved surfaces.
I don't see any refraction so this is probably not raytracing.

Pretty sure these are just screen space reflections, they are used by many modern non-raytracing titles. They also look really good too, so we'll definitely see some better looking lighting in KSP 2.

Edited by Benzo Kerman

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I feel like we’re both old enough to weep for what the “democratization of knowledge” hath wrought. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Most 'News' these days is people repoasting twitter nonsense.  Fox, Huffpoast, CNN - they all do it.  Hell, all the NIF articles about Fusion were all expansions on the theme "Financial Times Reports Fusion".

That pcgamern thing announced that Todd Howard came on stage at the VGA to talk about Starfield, A thing that did not happen…..

it also tends to treat Reddit posts on Starfield speculation as coming from Indiders and developers. It got to the point that some of the more frequently quoted redditors started addin Hi Pcgamern to there posts

Just now, Pthigrivi said:

I feel like we’re both old enough to weep for what the “democratization of knowledge” hath wrought. 

Well just be glad that we haven’t yet sunk to the level of Journalism that existed at the time the USS main blew up.

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Well just be glad that we haven’t yet sunk to the level of Journalism that existed at the time the USS main blew up.

I can’t remember where I read this… I think it was Harry Frankfurt (thats his real name.) The ease at which BS is produced dwarfs the rate at which it can be debunked, and by then no one cares. The P = NP problem of our era. 

5 hours ago, Vl3d said:

You believe PC Gamer journalists get all their information from my forum posts?

1ocvb4.jpg?a463872

I guess Intercept was a really good NDA if the gaming journalists are scouring the forums and using members speculation as source material. Or modern game journalists aren't as good at networking as they used to be.

1 hour ago, Laikanaut said:

Source?

Probably a fan. After all fancannon and head cannon is kind of like fan fiction.  

my own head-cannon is they were evolved from photosynthetic goo or  slime,  which is why originally you didnot to see plants trees or any animals besides kerbals or anything bedsides Those monuments ufos and other structures, because that’s whatever’s left of whatever uplifted them. It’s also why they somehow keep coming back from the dead all the time. 

9 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I guess Intercept was a really good NDA if the gaming journalists are scouring the forums and using members speculation as source material. Or modern game journalists aren't as good at networking as they used to be.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Laikanaut said:

Source?

That would be.... fan canon.    The forums have a search feature that will bring up many posts saying such. 

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Probably a fan. After all fancannon and head cannon is kind of like fan fiction.  

my own head-cannon is they were evolved from photosynthetic goo or  slime,  which is why originally you didnot to see plants trees or any animals besides kerbals or anything bedsides Those monuments ufos and other structures, because that’s whatever’s left of whatever uplifted them. It’s also why they somehow keep coming back from the dead all the time. 

See, I like that one too, and that doesn't clash to hard with what I said.    The devs did specifically say for KSP there was no official canon aside from what could be found in game. 

21 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

they have fuel switching for engines

Nah, all those engines are just methalox. It's clearly stated in the OP. Also jet engines will use methane. And there are some unrevealed deep space engines that use methalox as well.

Liquid hydrogen will probably be used for nuclear thermal. Other more advanced fuel types will be used for other engine types.

Edited by Vl3d

8 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Nah, all those engines are just methalox. It's clearly stated in the OP. Also jet engines will use methane. And there are some unrevealed deep space engines that use methalox as well.

Liquid hydrogen will probably be used for nuclear thermal. Other more advanced fuel types will be used for other engine types.

The Vector is definitely not Methalox, unless they do indeed have fuel switching for engines, or are putting multiple of the same engine with different fuel types.