KSP2 EA Grand Discussion Thread.

James Kerman

1 hour ago, NH4Cl Enthusiast said:

But the navball getting in your way seems to still be a problem for a very vocal minority

On the contrary, a very vocal minority wants the Navball back in the middle as standard. If it indeed causes problems for the majority, it would be the topic of the town, which it isn't.

Anyway, good that Intercept acknowledged the wish for modularity and they have it in their scope.

19 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

On the contrary, a very vocal minority wants the Navball back in the middle as standard. If it indeed causes problems for the majority, it would be the topic of the town, which it isn't.

There's nothing contrary about it, both sides are a vocal minority here unless you have numbers to back up any claims saying otherwise. The majority probably has no opinion at all unless spesifically asked to provide one but that's probably also because the majority isn't even playing the game anyway. But it's curious you're saying it's not the topic of the town in a thread with like 10+ pages (I didn't count) of bickering back and forth about it. It clearly is the topic of this incredibly small town now. And that's probably due to the fact that the side position really is a problem for a number of people. 

6 minutes ago, Periple said:

It is funny that this has been such a heated debate especially as IG have said that they want to make the UI configurable! :joy:

We're just scraping the bottom of the barrel until some real content drops to argue about. Just wait until the science system comes, I already have two essays written about the pros and cons of it! 

46 minutes ago, NH4Cl Enthusiast said:

But it's curious you're saying it's not the topic of the town in a thread with like 10+ pages (I didn't count) of bickering back and forth about it.

No it really isn't, the bickering is just a few people, and both does not represent anything. People who are unsatisfied are prone to complain, and like I said, it's not the topic of the town, from which you can definitely draw the conclusion it's just some discussion between a few, instead of it really being an issue for a majority.

Which again, has Intercepts recognition that they are aiming for modularity, so it's it's a discussion in the margin, in the end one can probably place it where one wants it. And in deed you are right, I've already mentioned it earlier, if it's in the middle, most will play it like that, if it's on the side, same.

Edited by LoSBoL

49 minutes ago, NH4Cl Enthusiast said:

We're just scraping the bottom of the barrel until some real content drops to argue about. Just wait until the science system comes, I already have two essays written about the pros and cons of it! 

And I have several 3-word answers to cut your essays to shreds!

16 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

I miss team's weekly updates. Yes, 0.2.0 is coming, but It'd be nice to see a short We're still kickin' post every now and then...

I'd hop on over to the Discord for stuff like that; I'm glad that they're putting all of their efforts into 0.2.0 right now :)

7 hours ago, Dakitess said:

Since the team is not really good at cherry picking and showing the best part of their game

The best the team can do is ignore complaints like "you're not cherrypicking the screenshots". Everyone asked for honesty and people moaned about communication for the better part of the year, why are people surprised they're honest?

What if we make the blue/orange part of the Navball translucent/transparent and then put in in the middle?

you can still see some of the ground but also have vital information within symbol recognition?

Seems to be the best of both worlds of having the information easy to access but not blocking the ground.

Spoiler

You would of course be able to move the Navball to the left but being in the middle would be the default.

Also debloat the Ksp-2 Navball because that thing is HUGE.

I also think having it in the middle would be much better for beginners who still haven't developed muscle memory for gravity turns yet.

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife
tyops

If people are debating over which space at the bottom is the most important and can't be covered up, can't we just put the navball at the top? :D All of the bottom space would be empty then, and it would make seeing the rocket at the bottom easier. Can't say much about visibility at the top though...

4 hours ago, Periple said:

It is funny that this has been such a heated debate especially as IG have said that they want to make the UI configurable! :joy:

Unfortunately they're probably never going to let us compress all the negative space around the tapes. The big problem with the UI is just how much space it takes up and how much that space can be reduced.

Edited by regex

50 minutes ago, Cosmic Sailor said:

If people are debating over which space at the bottom is the most important and can't be covered up, can't we just put the navball at the top? :D All of the bottom space would be empty then, and it would make seeing the rocket at the bottom easier. Can't say much about visibility at the top though...

On 11/14/2023 at 10:02 AM, Deddly said:

It would be in the way for docking 

21 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

The best the team can do is ignore complaints like "you're not cherrypicking the screenshots". Everyone asked for honesty and people moaned about communication for the better part of the year, why are people surprised they're honest?

You missed the point completely : they DO are quite bad at cherrypicking, which is actually a good thing for transparency, indeed. It's quite a shame sometimes / often because it gives the feeling that they don't care at all, and is was very specifically the case something like 2 to 5 months before the release : almost all the media were clunky. Video were laggy as hell, picture were showing defects and artifacts that would have been very easy to avoid. I'm not speaking about "hidding", at all, i'm speaking about caring what they share. We don't need to see that craft parts are almost always mis-aligned because of a Kraken-like distortion e-v-e-r-y time. It was do deceiving and worrying to see. We don't need to see that the ground texture is horribly stretched right at the place they consider it good to take a screenshot while it was better elsewhere. And the list of examples elongates, really, it does, the last months before release were HORRIBLE communication wise, with all the worst choices possible (not only media...) and an actual feeling of amateurism or no paying any attention at all. It even lead the community to be extra careful and picky at the release, to me. There is a wide spectrum between Total Transparency and don't giving a [snip] about what you share.

Anyway, this apply to before-release era, no more. Now it's better, communication is more relevant, less amateur, and is getting more and more transparent. So, yeah, my words here were to say that since we know that they're not the best for that exercise to cherrypick their location, framing, craft, etc, we can consider theses screenshot as an eventual good reflect of the whole terrain. Which is "nice". It's some part of humour and sarcasm, and some part of truth. That's it.

--------

Regarding the NavBall debate, would you guys like the Juno-way ? Or some kind of on-screen centered transparent HUD-ish information ? I feel like the NavBall is very efficient so far, i've not played much with Juno but it was not a revelation ergonomically speaking. It's nice to see alternatives though.

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

5 hours ago, Dakitess said:

You missed the point completely : they DO are quite bad at cherrypicking, which is actually a good thing for transparency, indeed. It's quite a shame sometimes / often because it gives the feeling that they don't care at all, and is was very specifically the case something like 2 to 5 months before the release : almost all the media were clunky. Video were laggy as hell, picture were showing defects and artifacts that would have been very easy to avoid. I'm not speaking about "hidding", at all, i'm speaking about caring what they share. We don't need to see that craft parts are almost always mis-aligned because of a Kraken-like distortion e-v-e-r-y time. It was do deceiving and worrying to see. We don't need to see that the ground texture is horribly stretched right at the place they consider it good to take a screenshot while it was better elsewhere. And the list of examples elongates, really, it does, the last months before release were HORRIBLE communication wise, with all the worst choices possible (not only media...) and an actual feeling of amateurism or no paying any attention at all. It even lead the community to be extra careful and picky at the release, to me. There is a wide spectrum between Total Transparency and don't giving a [snip] about what you share.

They were willing to show the game's weaknesses, ergo they don't care...?

Not sure I'm seeing the logic.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

They were willing to show the game's weaknesses, ergo they don't care...?

Not sure I'm seeing the logic.

I think @Dakitess means that, since the team is not known to curate their images, the improvement we are seeing in the latest previews is a really good sign.

• Community Manager
40 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Isn't it odd that the front of the Kerbal isn't completely white from the heat? 

See "even more work in progress" at the top of that one. Adjustments still to be done.