Vanamonde: What's going on is that they're still working on the game, albeit quietly.

Izny

So you seem to know more. 

Spill the beans or remove yourself from the community as a manager. It is time.

14 minutes ago, Izny said:

For starters, that statement about the team working quietly is truth.  They have been radio silent for a month, but have pushed out a patch/update.  Anybody can make that statement 

Secondly, Vanamonde isn't a CM.

29 minutes ago, Izny said:

Please do not speak for the community.

Vanamonde is one of the few things that makes this place still worth visiting.

2 hours ago, Izny said:

Or is simply level-headed enough to become a mod, instead of reactionary like a number of the community.

• Community Manager

The moderators know nothing more than you already know. Please avoid attacking other members of the community.

I have no inside info. I knew they were working because they said they were publicly.  It's just that a lot of people didn't believe it. :D

I am under NDA, which is not a strain because I have no secrets to tell. 

And I'm a moderator but have never been a community manager. 

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I have no inside info. I knew they were working because they said they were publicly.  It's just that a lot of people didn't believe it. :D

Sometimes I wish that people would better accept naivety instead of burning it down like it's a deadly poison. Theology teaches you need to believe in something to make it happen. This counts for science too. Science is only so successful because people believe in science, not because they are skeptical to it. Awesome mind setting imo.:)

5 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Theology teaches you need to believe in something to make it happen. This counts for science too. Science is only so successful because people believe in science, not because they are skeptical to it.

That's[snip] literally opposite of how scientific method works. Theories, experimental methods, data itself and results, conclusions - everything must be challenged, there's no place for a belief there.

Edited by Vanamonde

1 hour ago, J.Random said:

That's [snip] literally opposite of how scientific method works. Theories, experimental methods, data itself and results, conclusions - everything must be challenged, there's no place for a belief there.

Science is the literal antithesis of believe. So I'm in complete agreement.

Edited by Vanamonde

14 hours ago, Dakota said:

The moderators know nothing more than you already know. Please avoid attacking other members of the community.

Perhaps we can get some information from you?

10 minutes ago, TomKerbal said:

Do you understand the concept of an NDA? ALL the current, former, in limbo employees of IG, PD, et al, are under an NDA regarding basically everything we want to know about. Inflammatory, accusatory statements do nothing but rile people up for no reason. When someone is LEGALLY ALLOWED to speak about what is going on, then we will know something. Until then, play KSP2, or KSP1, or go for a walk, or literally anything other than get on the forum to demand what you can't have like a petulant child.

Do you think it's easy for Dakota being community manager? Having trolls constantly demanding answers he can't provide, listening to a never ending flood of complaints about this, that and the other that are all well outside his control.  What would having information do for you anyway? If they're continuing to work on the game quietly, you'll STILL have some sort of update you're waiting for. If they're not working on it, you'll STILL be lamenting about how T2 screwed everyone over by not completing an EARLY ACCESS game that by it's very definition may be abandoned at any time, be buggy, go months or longer between updates.

Has this whole experience been ideal? No, I think we can all agree on that. Was the development of the game as it was riddled with problems? Definitely. Could you have done better? The devs are just there trying to do their thing while trying to remain employed by their corporate overlords.  How would you feel if someone came into your job (More like 1000 people) and stood over you demanding updates every 10 minutes on what you were working on? 

Let's all just be patient, go enjoy some other hobbies for a while, and revisit when some of this has blown over and we have confirmation one way or another.  For now, all this bickering is absolutely exhausting.

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I am under NDA, which is not a strain because I have no secrets to tell. 

And I'm a moderator but have never been a community manager. 

Aaah... the good ol` banana for scale. :D

13 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

JUST LIKE VANAMONDE PREDICTED!

Vanamonde-stradamus

35 minutes ago, TomKerbal said:

@Dakota and @Nerdy_Mike are also under NDA's, which are probably stricter than what the mods here have signed.  And I really do believe that if any of them knew anything AND that if they could talk, they would have already.

16 minutes ago, Polaris0352 said:

Let's all just be patient, go enjoy some other hobbies for a while, and revisit when some of this has blown over and we have confirmation one way or another.  For now, all this bickering is absolutely exhausting.

Very well said, especially the part about other hobbies.  I've long put off trying to learn how to play lead guitar, and I have the time to do so.  I mean, I had the time when I was playing KSP1, KSP2, Juno, NHL 20, Madden 18...you get the point.  :D

11 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Vanamonde-stradamus

@Dakota and @Nerdy_Mike are also under NDA's, which are probably stricter than what the mods here have signed.  And I really do believe that if any of them knew anything AND that if they could talk, they would have already.

Very well said, especially the part about other hobbies.  I've long put off trying to learn how to play lead guitar, and I have the time to do so.  I mean, I had the time when I was playing KSP1, KSP2, Juno, NHL 20, Madden 18...you get the point.  :D

I'm right there with you man. I have a lot of hobbies that I have put on hold when life got in the way. Having a 1 year old isn't helping things either though.  

2 hours ago, J.Random said:

That's[snip] literally opposite of how scientific method works. Theories, experimental methods, data itself and results, conclusions - everything must be challenged, there's no place for a belief there.

So, does disbelief in climate change make you more scientific? Absolutely not. Believing in facts is a necessary. You would end up in conspiracy theory territory otherwise. Obviously that misconception is the reason why conspiracy theorists are somewhat successful. They think because of their disbelief they are right, just no one understand them. But that's plain wrong. Belief doesn't generally exclude being skeptical.