Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Just now, XB-70A said:

As you can see, Hanson's reply is duplicating at 0:16. However, once you refresh the page it disappears.

holy frick I never noticed that. Number Wars 2: Electric Boogaloo glitched are becoming weirder by the second.

@Vanamonde The latest post at that time, which was this post.

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

These are the KSP forums, no joking allowed!

So the question has been raised. how does one pilot the capsule without a joystick?   Does anybody know what they will be doing?  Will they be furiously bashing the screens?

Every minute or so I got told that a new post was made in the thread, but it was always a copy of the last post in the thread.

If the notification said 2 or more, the first one was also a copy, so n new posts is actually n-1.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:57 PM, Delay said:

@Vanamonde The latest post at that time, which was this post.

<something about joysticks>

Every minute or so I got told that a new post was made in the thread, but it was always a copy of the last post in the thread.

If the notification said 2 or more, the first one was also a copy, so n new posts is actually n-1.

Maybe what @XB-70A said might help?

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

What’s all this about a 10-character limit? I’m assuming it was removed because I can say a

I vaguely recall that we used to have a minimum post length but it caused problems of some sort so we removed it. Is that what you're thinking of? 

(edit: @Vanamonde and @HansonKerman - at one time, I think the minimum was at least five characters. I remember that because on the original number wars thread, we had to do our posts as 5 (-1) so that we'd meet the minimum character count.

In the original of this post, all I did was post one period. That's newish, but not sure when the minimum was changed.

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

(edit: @Vanamonde and @HansonKerman - at one time, I think the minimum was at least five characters. I remember that because on the original number wars thread, we had to do our posts as 5 (-1) so that we'd meet the minimum character count.

In the original of this post, all I did was post one period. That's newish, but not sure when the minimum was changed.

In the Word Association Game over at Forum Games, there’s something about 10 characters? What was that for?

4 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

In the Word Association Game over at Forum Games, there’s something about 10 characters? What was that for?

Something fascinating and of critical importance, though I doubt anyone remembers what it was. 

Its likely that this has been asked before, likelier still ive asked and defaulted my memory on it, but 206 pages is a lot to search through, so, since its on my mind: why is it we regular forum folk cannot lock/delete threads/posts that we are the author of? As i ask i recall something about post counts for users but sleep deprivation may be messing with my memory. If its been asked before and im doubling i blame sleep deprivation and faulty memory lol

On 6/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, I just noticed that posts 23 minutes apart do not merge. Or maybe I bounced around the pages in the same thread too much before the second post /shrug

Isn’t the merge clock 10 minutes?

2 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

... why is it we regular forum folk cannot lock/delete threads/posts that we are the author of? 

To prevent shenanigans like people breaking the rules and then destroying the evidence, only allowing people they agree with to post in their threads, etc. 

1 hour ago, RoninFrog said:

Why do the kermojis have red/brown hair (:):P:o:huh:) when kerbals in the game have black hair?

Huh. I always felt those emojis didn't look quite right, but I never stopped to think about why. Now I know!