KSP2 Hype Train Thread

That definitely gets my curiosity, and it'll make a nice first plane destination!

Was it Matt Lowne that had to censor some of his footage due to a bugged out interaction with a spoiler asset on his way to Duna? Maybe it's something similar

Just now, Stoup said:

That definitely gets my curiosity, and it'll make a nice first plane destination!

Was it Matt Lowne that had to censor some of his footage due to a bugged out interaction with a spoiler asset on his way to Duna? Maybe it's something similar

Obsidian ant, I doubt its related as the rock that was chasing them happened when they entered dunas soi and the rock was red, so it probably was a duna asset that went rogue.

And another thing.. Scott Manley mentioned

Spoiler

searching for the Mohole but said it was moved..

And also he tweeted that

Spoiler

the kraken lives on.. so maybe he's talking about the dead one on ...

18 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

The closer it gets, the more surreal it feels.

3 days after 3 years

Yeah, one thing I always lamented about KSP is that I was not there from the beginning. I wont miss out on that chance this time. 

I know early access is not for everyone, but for me I will enjoy giving feedback, and being there for the ride from day one enjoying every patch, every major update, and hopefully years in the future for future DLC of KSP 2

23 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

Yeah, one thing I always lamented about KSP is that I was not there from the beginning. I wont miss out on that chance this time. 

I know early access is not for everyone, but for me I will enjoy giving feedback, and being there for the ride from day one enjoying every patch, every major update, and hopefully years in the future for future DLC of KSP 2

Same. I'm still crossing my fingers my PC can run KSP2, though, so I might not be there for the entire journey.  You can bet I'll be there in spirit though! :D

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Oh.. nothing..

Reveal hidden contents

KSP2-Anomaly-2.png

Nothing at all...

Reveal hidden contents

KSP2-Anomaly-3.png

KSP2-Anomaly-1-2.png

A purple, yellow and green nothing!

The two explanations I see being more likely than most are that 1) it is intentional, there are structures of some sort that are shining lights, or 2) it is unintentional, and something about rendering that location (which might have structures) is causing those flashes (because we haven’t seen them in any other location)

3 hours ago, DwightLee said:

Early access would totally be for me, if only it had macOS support.

14 hours ago, Vl3d said:

You guys are gonna love this!

Hide contents

KSP2-Anomaly-1.png

Looking at the huge telescope with the spheres behind, is I the only one wanting to fill it with hydrogen tanks 

Edit: did not see the weird light, weird none flew over to it. my guess its an structure like an lighthouse. 

Edited by magnemoe

My message is very clear. I personally do not care about anything else but having KSP2 be the best game ever made.

I don't care about any arguments or hesitations. I don't care about your video card or your color preferences or what parts you want. I don't care about words anymore.

This Friday is the moment you have to do your duty. For technology. For science. For space exploration. For the community.

Support KSP and buy the game!

No ifs, buts or maybes. Just buy the game.

BUY THE GAME!

Edited by Vl3d

I have no idea if this is a parody, but I love it anyways.

I don't think early access is for everyone. I do think a lot of people will be disappointed, at least in the short term, if they buy it right now without thinking. But at the same time, a lot of people will get this early access and enjoy playing through it, and watching how the game develops from here. And the fact that some people want to present getting into the early access as an unreasonable option is absolutely ridiculous. So I'm completely on board with the energy of this, "Don't care, getting the game," thread. :D

On a more serious note, one group of people who should be getting this and other games in early, unfinished state, though, is anyone studying game development. The two best ways to learn from games made by professionals without working for a studio is working on mods or playing games that aren't finished. Just like it's a lot easier to read the intentions of a level designer on a blocked out map, before all the decoration went in, so it is with understanding the game mechanics and even aspects of code performance and complexity while you're playing something with some inner parts of the game exposed.

52 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

My message is very clear. I personally do not care about anything else but having KSP2 be the best game ever made.

I don't care about any arguments or hesitations. I don't care about your video card or your color preferences or what parts you want. I don't care about words anymore.

This Friday is the moment you have to do your duty. For technology. For science. For space exploration. For the community.

Support KSP and buy the game!

No ifs, buts or maybes. Just buy the game.

BUY THE GAME!

So you're saying I should..buy the game, is that correct?

:sticktongue:

Spoiler

I'm totally gonna buy it

Well I wil NOT buy it at this moment because my computer cannot handle it and   here in Brazil where I am living a computer that can run it  cost as much as 4 months of a Senior AI engineer (not to forget that hassle of upgrading and changing all your stuff into a new machine when your computer is not just a video game, but a work tool ).... so pass for now considering  my current computer runs all other games that I  like to play very well.

Edited by tstein

With respect  to @Vl3d that statement  came across a bit too 'evangelical' for my tastes...

However, personally I intend  to buy it anyway take my chances.

I have serious doubts that my graphics card will suffice, but only one way to find out...  I planned on upgrading before too long (fairly old PC), but I may need to look at doing it sooner than I hoped.

Worst  case scenario  have the game at a discount over final  v1.0 release  price.

No, I won't.

The publisher's decision to make the purchase legally impossible in my country totally matches my decision to postpone this at least till the next technological epoch.

Thus we are united in our efforts [snip]

All I needed was a more stable KSP-1, not 45 GB for an early KSP-1 clone, when the developed KSP-1 occupies just 6 (ok, 10 together with mods).

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator