Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 7 - Recording Rockets

The discovery of an alien civilization would be one of the most realistic drivers for a human push to the stars as well. 

If it's anything like KSP1, it'll be there for those who wish to pursue it, but won't take away from other experiences and challenges in the game.

20 minutes ago, Drakenred65 said:

The funny bit would be if Kerbals evolved from the life support  algae tanks.

Like in Larry Niven’s know space books!

Spoiler

Most species in that series are apparently descended from a precursor race’s nutritional yeast.

5 hours ago, Master39 said:

This is the most worrying thing I've seen so far, and I'm including everything that's happened from 2019 to now.

If it is a puzzle/series of anomalies ok, but I really hope it's not something about warp-gates or some alien tech that enables faster interstellar travel.

That said, great video! The audio design sounds awesome!

Maybe it means 3 star system total in KSP2?

@Ghostii_Space Can you congratulate Howard Mostrom on getting the opportunity to get that close to the rocket and being able to set up everything even better than he thought he would? The VAB would have been awesome too. And his obvious enthusiasm and attention to detail was amazing to see.

And one more thing. He said in the video he wanted to experience the sound of the launch without ear protection. He never said in the video how loud it ended up being.

Or better yet maybe he could come in and respond to a few posts ;)

Edited by Anth12

6 hours ago, Master39 said:

This is the most worrying thing I've seen so far, and I'm including everything that's happened from 2019 to now.

If it is a puzzle/series of anomalies ok, but I really hope it's not something about warp-gates or some alien tech that enables faster interstellar travel.

That said, great video! The audio design sounds awesome!

They have A version of the old  Orion Atomic bomb drive, Project Daedalus, and a few other things that look like they came from Atomic Rockets web sight.

I seriously doubt we’re getting Hyperdrives or Stargates, unless someone mods it

5 hours ago, Talka said:

Picture for clarity: 

ErHqBUD.png

My guess is that as we get closer to the Early Access launch date on Feb 24, more and more of this structure will reveal itself, culminating in the revelation of an eighth planet in the Kerbal system available in KSP2 Early Access at launch.

Were you able to camera clip to see the other planets or is stuff like dres's location just speculation?

the huge question is now removing the hype. (grammerly)

bigger the ship louder the sound? --> how far will we be able to hear the sound? --> will there be audio delay for the rocket --> will going above sonic  affect sounds?

the sound of large rockets taking off, and just how loud they are cannot be expressed even far far away, it literally rumbles your entire body from the inside and out.. the closer you are the better the experience, it is one of the things that i love, rockets even the same exact ship will not sound the same with the same take off location, its always different.

and you can SEE rockets being launched literal 100's of miles away

with how close you will be near the launch pads when multiplayer gets added, you are going to be in the best seat to have sequential take off sounds, and i can bet money, if this is really what we can expect from the game, there is no way that a ship larger with more rockets/going slower etc will not have a louder noise, the sound will probably be incredible..

so i just cannot wait for colonies seeing them take off, hear them, see them, and with them illuminating the small portion of the planet you are in, and looks even better with clouds.

Edited by Stephensan

The song at 2:15 in the Feature Episode is so good... I love how classical the soundtrack is going to be!

This game is going to be so epic, it makes me tear up.

Edited by Vl3d

12 hours ago, GaussFlux said:

Like in Larry Niven’s know space books!

Hide contents

Most species in that series are apparently descended from a precursor race’s nutritional yeast.

Granted it was some billions year later. Now if life is rare it makes some sense to seed it with algae, you get an oxygen atmosphere and a simple biosphere you can then add animals and more advance plants to later. 

Also I think we should give thanks to the creators of the great mod called Rocket Sound Enhancements. A game changer for KSP1 immersion! I would not play the game without it and Chatterer.

@ensou04

Edited by Vl3d

Several posts have been removed due to bickering and back-seat moderating.

If you see a post which you believe is inappropriate for this forum, please report it without replying to it.  Only the moderation team has the responsibility to judge the acceptability of content here.

If you feel that a post contains a personal attack on you, please report it without replying to it.

Thank You For Your Understanding!

KSP Moderation Team

18 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@Ghostii_Space Can you congratulate Howard Mostrom on getting the opportunity to get that close to the rocket and being able to set up everything even better than he thought he would? The VAB would have been awesome too. And his obvious enthusiasm and attention to detail was amazing to see.

And one more thing. He said in the video he wanted to experience the sound of the launch without ear protection. He never said in the video how loud it ended up being.

Or better yet maybe he could come in and respond to a few posts ;)

I'll let Howard know!