Content Creators Early Access?

Cpt72Bug

3 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Wonder if the discord has a second purpose of holding hidden channels so closed beta testers can talk with each others and devs more efficiently

More than likely. Most discords with roles do have hidden channels. 

19 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Join the discord and ask. 

It’d be nice if there existed, for the last 12 years or so, some sort of message board that the devs and CM’s set up so people could communicate such messages with them.  

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

What about important community modders?  It'd be nice if we could get a heads up build to start porting some of our work.

What @GoldForest said: Go and ask :). I don't remember which game it was but they always released addons and patches to a part of the community first so that mods could be made compatible from the get go/or close after official release. 

7 hours ago, Gargamel said:

It’d be nice if there existed, for the last 12 years or so, some sort of message board that the devs and CM’s set up so people could communicate such messages with them.  

Probably faster to ask in the discord than here on the forums. It seems the devs frequent there more than here.

Also, nice sass. :cool:

Edited by GoldForest

7 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I'm always more partial to forums, but if I have to ask on the discord, I'm gonna ask on the discord.  But if they close the forums it would be a major loss.

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I'm with Gilgamesh; I don't like the trend of communities moving away from forums to Discord. It's harder to have lengthy discussions, and it's harder for new people to search for old topics to see what's been discussed before. Back in my day, we had forums and IRC, and they each played very important but separate roles in an online community, and that's the way the LORD intended it.

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I'm always more partial to forums, but if I have to ask on the discord, I'm gonna ask on the discord.  But if they close the forums it would be a major loss.

The forums aren't being closed. Where would they put mods? 

Discord is just one of those things that everyone "needs" to have.

Edited by GoldForest

11 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I think that "3" was an ID number, not how many keys got distributed. It was confirmed that content creators will get to release early content. Afaik, there are like 7 or 8 KSP content creators in the discord. Danny2462, Scott Manley, N9 Gaming, Carnasa, ShadowZone, Matt Lowne, and a few others. 

Source:

1NQbb5f.png

God bless the KSP Discord server.

50 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

God bless the KSP Discord server.

quick go over to the marketing thread and relight the discussion :P /s

That's good news on a more serious note though. Curious when those hit us with full force, I'm really excited what the first non-dev oppinions will be like!

22 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

Curious when those hit us with full force, I'm really excited what the first non-dev oppinions will be like!

I'm guessing they're basically just under a review embargo agreement? Though not as common for streamers, definitely standard for games journalism at this point. Review embargos normally lift between 2-7 days before release, I believe.

20 minutes ago, daninplainsight said:

I'm guessing they're basically just under a review embargo agreement? Though not as common for streamers, definitely standard for games journalism at this point. Review embargos normally lift between 2-7 days before release, I believe.

Yeah, that would be my guess too. I think 7 days is possible though, I'd say it's closer to 2-3 days, but who knows: as I said I'm really excited already :)

7 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I'm with Gilgamesh; I don't like the trend of communities moving away from forums to Discord. It's harder to have lengthy discussions, and it's harder for new people to search for old topics to see what's been discussed before. Back in my day, we had forums and IRC, and they each played very important but separate roles in an online community, and that's the way the LORD intended it.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, both serve separate purposes. Forums call for long form broad discussion while discord offers quick  frequent banter and greater ability to flow through topics

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I think that "3" was an ID number, not how many keys got distributed. It was confirmed that content creators will get to release early content. Afaik, there are like 7 or 8 KSP content creators in the discord. Danny2462, Scott Manley, N9 Gaming, Carnasa, ShadowZone, Matt Lowne, and a few others. 

Source:

1NQbb5f.png

oh hey thats me, hot dang

31 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other, both serve separate purposes. Forums call for long form broad discussion while discord offers quick  frequent banter and greater ability to flow through topics

And seeing as I'm both here and there, I'd say you're correct on this. We also get the chance to hear immediate feedback on ideas/suggestions/questions from devs and moderators over on Discord, which is nice. One thing we heard from Nate Simpson the other night is that Duna still has its ice caps, although I'd imagine they're quite small since we don't see them on the more recent Duna pics and the gif.

13 minutes ago, Domonian said:

And seeing as I'm both here and there, I'd say you're correct on this. We also get the chance to hear immediate feedback on ideas/suggestions/questions from devs and moderators over on Discord, which is nice. One thing we heard from Nate Simpson the other night is that Duna still has its ice caps, although I'd imagine they're quite small since we don't see them on the more recent Duna pics and the gif.

I go on both as well and the balance is nice. Discord also offers a greater variety of people into the convo with players that didn't play as much as those that frequent here

Sorry.  I will never like Discord nor prefer it over a forum. 

I know that's where @Ghostii_Spaceneeds to be to reach out to the younger generations... But Discord is just obnoxious to me.  I start wanting to punch people in very short order.  One of the hallmarks of this community is the excellent moderating by @Vanamonde @Snark and @Gargamel (among others).  They are the best moderating team of any fora I've been on. Our community is great because they hold us to a higher standard in a way that does not drive people away. 

This forum has been going strong for a decade - would hate to lose this community because some marketing study said 'Discord is the future' and ghosti and other marketing goes there or tik-spy as the default /primary information - communication space(s) 

11 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Discord is better for people that do nto work.. forums for people that have real life to worry with.