What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

“Memorial Hall of Kerbin Space project”

A base with guest rooms, revolving restaurant, fuel and lots of hydrogen reserve

20231224061033-1.jpg

20231224062332-1.jpg

20231224062411-1.jpg

20231224064109-1.jpg

It is a replica of my KSP1 base “Monument to the Forth International/Prophet”

I43.png

I4.png

Edited by Aeolica

Today I completed the Minmus Signal mission, dropping a simple lander with 3 Kerbals in it less than 1km away from the Minmus Monument.  In KSP1 I rely upon MechJeb to do the landings for me, so to get this close is nothing short of monumental (pun fully intended) for me.  Like @stephensmat, I'm shocked with how close I was able to stick the landing.  You will also see a shot here of Raysen next to a flag he planted.  Kind of like him saying "Kilroy was here".

Spoiler

EUJ8hsF.png

RQuWZIp.png

Edited by Scarecrow71

Time for a visit at Minmus today ! 3 kerbals and a rover to explore a little bit further than the mission objective.

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5337&authke

Landing was easy, but a landing leg did not survive... Solar panels seem to be stronger than landing leg in the game...

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5338&authke

Spoiler

The monument looks great !

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5339&authke

I had very hard time with my rover on Minmus... I spent a lot of time just to put it on its wheels, it was stuck in some impossible position. I finally solve the problem by tweaking the suspensions. Still some work to do with wheels in this game...

Edited by Urus28
Spoiler !

Overflew Kerbin and gathered air sniffer data from 5 biomes for 200 points. No screenshot or else you will notice that I accidentally put the wings on in 2x radial symmetry rather than bilateral reflection *oops* :blush: Flew OK though! 

Edited by boolybooly

2 hours ago, boolybooly said:

Overflew Kerbin and gathered air sniffer data from 5 biomes for 200 points. No screenshot or else you will notice that I accidentally put the wings on in 2x radial symmetry rather than bilateral reflection *oops* :blush: Flew OK though! 

Okay, now I want the screenshots to see how odd it looks. XD

16 hours ago, boolybooly said:

You can screenshot your crafts - just not anomalies.

...we likes to see kewl crafts, me precious!

Yet another boring ol' Mun shot. But, my God! Imagine the sensation of those who actually went there. Space is awesome. Considering that I'm afraid of flying, and that space travel is not exactly a common activity, I'm glad that this game exists. Maybe if I was born 2, 3 centuries from now... Go, go mankind!!!

Screenshot-2.png

I have arrived in the third tier and i must say it`s quite a challenge. I am digging deep in my rusted KSP1 experience to get stuff done.

Every new player who makes it through this exploration campaign... respect to you.

I am having fun and it gets hot sometimes...

mCgiHz0.png 

For Science! :D

On 12/24/2023 at 7:53 AM, Aeolica said:

“Memorial Hall of Kerbin Space project”

A base with guest rooms, revolving restaurant, fuel and lots of hydrogen reserve

20231224061033-1.jpg

20231224062332-1.jpg

20231224062411-1.jpg

20231224064109-1.jpg

It is a replica of my KSP1 base “Monument to the Forth International/Prophet”

I43.png

I4.png

Did you transport it or teleport it there?

As for me.. I stranded 2 kerbals in Duna polar orbit. The Delta-V calculator for Nerv hydrogen engines is bugged.

Screenshot-155.png

Later edit: Tim got them back.

Screenshot-160.png

Edited by Vl3d

I bought the game last night, still getting my head around the UI and controls but it has the same feeling of when I was a kid -

Do something, see what happens, if it works, great, if it doesn't work, experiment until it does :p

Currently in a suborbital flight in my first rocket :)

0qn8SV1.jpg

Quick question - was the launch countdown thing removed? I can never get it to work and it makes me sad I can't have a little bit of anticipation :(

Edited by Chel

40 minutes ago, Chel said:

Quick question - was the launch countdown thing removed? I can never get it to work and it makes me sad I can't have a little bit of anticipation :(

I thought it was a setting, defaulted off. I don't know for sure though because that's the opposite of what I want. When I hit go I want the rocket to go.

---

As for me, no screen shots but I've just been playing the game, doing what Mission Control's been asking plus some extracurricular activities to keep me entertained. Today, I sent a probe to Jool that furthered the storyline and also dipped into Jool's atmosphere to run the atmosphere analysis. I was scared but it went fine, and I learned 3 things that made me very happy:

1. You don't instantly explode when you touch Jool's atmosphere. I only dipped down to 195km (200 is the top) but it was pretty sedate. The probe core showed the temperature bar but it didn't go up.
  2. The atmo survey tool remembers how much you did earlier when you come back. It takes 2 minutes to run, and at my orbit I was only in atmo for about 45 seconds. I was able to get the experiment done in 3 passes.
  3. Similarly, you don't have to transfer the entire report all at once, nor do you have to accept a partial transfer if that's impossible. The report took about 4x the power that my batteries had, so I just transferred it in 4 bursts when my batteries were full.

I then tried a similar thing at Laythe, but Laythe's atmosphere is not as forgiving and my craft exploded in seconds.

Edited by Superfluous J

Did a manned surface round trip to Gilly for the first time ever, only ever sent unmanned orbital probes in the past. Found out just how tedious it is to land with the restrictions on Time Warp, being stuck at 4x speed while you're screaming along at 10 M/S while still 10,000M above the surface, and having to waste precious Delta V to speed up the process.

The missions are fine and all but I decided to do a little self-guidance before heading off to Duna and sent an atmospheric probe to Eve, one of my favorite early-game things to do. The music here is chef's kiss, I'm seriously considering an autonomous return vehicle to get all that sweet science I couldn't transmit.

sIvaDTf.jpg

Today I discovered that tail sitting planes needs vertical and horizontal air intake to work...

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5348&authke

The polar region is really beautiful ! But I've not found anything special...

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5349&authke

So, it is time to explore Duna ! With some rovers because I fail at pinpoint landing from orbit :kiss:

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5350&authke

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5351&authke

Spoiler

And of course the Duna monument... A quite interesting one... Because of the broken branch, and the face at the tree root. Are there more species than the kerbals and squid faces ? I don't know...

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5347&authke