KSP2 EA Grand Discussion Thread.

James Kerman

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be pronounced as "mewn", yet not too hard. 

It'd sound almost  just like regular "moon",  but you pout a bit as you go over the "oo" - just not so much that it starts going "myewoon". That'd be totally overdoing it.

Some variation is natural, of course. It's fair to assume Kerbals should have their own various accents.

And AFAIK, the reason for the inconsistent ümlaut, is that the original KSP font didn't always support it. 

Also, most Kerbals would probably forget to include it half the time anyways... Remember, Kerbals were originally conceived in a country that has díãcrìtîçs coming out the wazoo, with a native language that's only spoken properly by the guy who reads the evening news. (speaking correct PT-BR in real life makes you sound like you're reading from text and/or intent on parody.)

Edited by Moach

26 minutes ago, Moach said:

It'd sound almost  just like regular "moon",  but you pout a bit as you go over the "oo" - just not so much that it starts going "myewoon". That'd be totally overdoing it.

Some variation is natural, of course. It's fair to assume Kerbals should have their own various accents.

And AFAIK, the reason for the inconsistent ümlaut, is that the original KSP font didn't always support it. 

Also, most Kerbals would probably forget to include it half the time anyways... Remember, Kerbals were originally conceived in a country that has díãcrìtîçs coming out the wazoo, with a native language that's only spoken properly by the guy who reads the evening news. (speaking correct PT-BR in real life makes you sound like you're reading from text and/or intent on parody.)

Kuiil_Star_Wars.jpg

Moach has spoken.

Edited by AtomicTech

11 hours ago, Moach said:

In case anyone missed this, Moach is the co-inventor of Kerbalkind, which means this is just as canon as if @HarvesteR himself were to come in here and tell us the pronunciation. 

17 hours ago, Deddly said:

and tell us the pronunciation

I do hope that the world languages will one day realize how much more phonetic writing is practical. I never necessarily know how to spell necessarily. Thank God (or IT gods) for spellcheckers. 

There's a couple of seconds in the latest video where you get a closer look at that thing. I assume it's a geological feature of some sort. Possibly it's one of the "discoverables" where you'll be able to get lots of science.

EDIT: It's real and called Devil's Tower

Edited by Mutex

5 hours ago, Mutex said:

There's a couple of seconds in the latest video where you get a closer look at that thing. I assume it's a geological feature of some sort. Possibly it's one of the "discoverables" where you'll be able to get lots of science.

EDIT: It's real and called Devil's Tower

Am I the only person here old enough to have seen Close Encounters Of The Third Kind in the theatre?

If it's a tree stump, I'll bet:

1. It's very big and there's nothing like it around it, so its kind must be extinct on Kerbin.
  2. It must have petrified and then all the surrounding rock eroded.
  3. Kerbin must have used to have Kashyyyk-level forests at some point.

Buuuuut... it looks a lot more like Devil's Tower, yeah.

19 minutes ago, Kimera Industries said:

If it's a tree stump, I'll bet:

1. It's very big and there's nothing like it around it, so its kind must be extinct on Kerbin.
  2. It must have petrified and then all the surrounding rock eroded.
  3. Kerbin must have used to have Kashyyyk-level forests at some point.

Buuuuut... it looks a lot more like Devil's Tower, yeah.

No they were all cut down by ancient kerbals and that's where all the ecology present went and why there's no animals 

Spoiler

This is all just riffing on an obscure flat earther theory about how all the trees we see are just bushes

3 hours ago, Periple said:

No! :joy:

Well, that’s a relief :).  Seriously, though, I predict that landing ridiculous outsized baroque Kraken lures with lighting like an eighties hair metal concert on top of Devil’s Tower is going to become A Thing(tm).

9 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I was 6 when it was released, so not in the theater.  But all the time when it was on TV.

Dude, you’re almost as old as dirt (and me) :).

Should I uninstall the game tonight, have a clean install ? I wonder if patching one on top of another might cause some minor file to be 'lost in translation' when a complete reinstall might be cleaner...

I don't claim to be an expert on this, but I know reinstalling was sometimes a solution to glitches and problems. Are there any thoughts on which one gives you the better result?