A bit of exciting news and a K.E.R.B. timing update

• Community Manager

Hey all, small update for you all today:

Firstly, we're excited to announce that community-favorite and infamous bug reporter @Anth will officially be joining the Intercept Games team on Monday! His community contributions since launch have been incredibly helpful so we just knew we had to bring him aboard as our new QA Tester! You can expect to see a slight reduction in public bug reports from Anth, but we know that he'll be logging dozens internally from day one and we're ready for it. Considering Anth's contributions to the K.E.R.B. so far, we do expect him to continue to be a critical part of our public bug status updates - just now from the dev side!

With Anth joining us on Monday, we've decided to postpone this week's K.E.R.B. status update to then! Plus, since it'll be after Nate's Space Creator Day Presentation, maybe we'll have some goodies to share!

Appreciate it,

Mike + Dakota + Darrin

That's  a nice step forward in the right direction, and also acknowledging the value of community input. Haters surely will interpret this move differently (I can see how), but that just means that the universe works as expected.

Congrats Anth. I'll admit that it's a bit bittersweet knowing the guy that found the most aggravating bugs will now be reporting them internally and not externally. Imagine if we hadn't had a public word about the registry bug...

As for the K.E.R.B. getting postponed... slow clap, you've done it again.

16 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Why the delay in the K.E.R.B again?  I just don't understand why this gets consistently delayed time and again.  Every 2 weeks it is another reason, and I'm just confused as to the why.

One possibility is reporting on bugs that are fixed will preempt Nate's presentation this weekend.

1 hour ago, ShadowZone said:

Congrats, Anth! You've been already doing great work here on the forums.

Who will now mainly check the incoming bugs here for duplicates or is that still something you are going to do?

We are still working all that out.

7 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Why the delay in the K.E.R.B again?  I just don't understand why this gets consistently delayed time and again.  Every 2 weeks it is another reason, and I'm just confused as to the why.

If something happens, then something needs to be delayed, it's a part of kerbal DNA

8 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

I just imagined that it went down exactly the same way, only Anth found it faster because they're doing it as a job now.

Well, the people he's working with now are exactly the same ones that let the Steam build include DRM, and failed to report the registry bug themselves (or worse, reported it and it got passed). Hopefully Anth's inclusion really pushes the bar up.

Edited by PDCWolf

12 hours ago, Dakota said:

Firstly, we're excited to announce that community-favorite and infamous bug reporter @Anth will officially be joining the Intercept Games team on Monday! His community contributions since launch have been incredibly helpful so we just knew we had to bring him aboard as our new QA Tester! You can expect to see a slight reduction in public bug reports from Anth, but we know that he'll be logging dozens internally from day one and we're ready for it. Considering Anth's contributions to the K.E.R.B. so far, we do expect him to continue to be a critical part of our public bug status updates - just now from the dev side!

With Anth joining us on Monday, we've decided to postpone this week's K.E.R.B. status update to then! Plus, since it'll be after Nate's Space Creator Day Presentation, maybe we'll have some goodies to share!

Appreciate it,

Mike + Dakota + Darrin

Well congrats Anth! You have done some great job on bugfixing so that’s what you deserve for your hard work.

As for the KERB delay, a bit dissapointing but nothing too much since we’ll hopefully get some big news this Saturday! Always good to have more news.

9 hours ago, Kerbart said:

that just means that the universe works as expected

I'm pretty sure the universe works as expected anyway... unless we live in the testing module... Aww crap!

@Anth Just don't let the money, fame and gorgeous women now lead you astray. I'm envious that you'll get a full view of what is being produced in there. Have fun, first and foremost :)

13 hours ago, Dakota said:

Appreciate it,

Mike + Dakota + Darrin

Congratulations Anth! 

I wish you good luck and happy bug hunting! :) 

14 hours ago, Dakota said:

Appreciate it,

Mike + Dakota + Darrin

Even though I've peppered him with congratulations, I think one more is order for the forums!

Many congrats to you @Anth!!