A bit of exciting news and a K.E.R.B. timing update

11 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Why the delay in the K.E.R.B again?  I just don't understand why this gets consistently delayed time and again.  Every 2 weeks it is another reason, and I'm just confused as to the why.

"With Anth joining us on Monday, we've decided to postpone this week's K.E.R.B. status update to then! Plus, since it'll be after Nate's Space Creator Day Presentation, maybe we'll have some goodies to share!"

I'll elaborate a bit on this (I was actually the person who suggested we wait... so it's on me).     1.  We wanted to wait and have Anth send out the KERB on Monday since that'll be part of his role going forward and we thought it would be a cool thing for him to do on his first official day.    2.  The bigger reason is the next KERB will directly reference items that Nate will be talking about at SCD this weekend.    Come back Monday and you'll understand exactly why.

Also - want to make sure everyone understands this 1 day delay on the KERB will not affect the 0.1.5 date.

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

There's a date for 0.1.5?  Did that not get posted here, or did I simply miss that announcement?

No announced date (to the public) - we have our own internal dates & milestones and I wanted to make sure everyone knew that 0.1.5 was on schedule.

Unfortunately... Saying that you have internal deadlines is like opening a can of worms here.

Prepare for "we deserve to know all the dates too! And schedule for next year! And company structure! And monthly earnings!"

Sorry for that, but that's how it looks in other threads. Give them a finger, they want the whole arm.

I, for the record, am personally grateful for transparency.

Oh and um, nice work Anth, fellow QAer for games you play

Edited by The Aziz

2 hours ago, Darrin H said:

No announced date (to the public) - we have our own internal dates & milestones and I wanted to make sure everyone knew that 0.1.5 was on schedule.

Phew.  Thought I had missed something there.  Thanks for the clarification!

3 hours ago, Darrin H said:

How much would I have to Venmo you for you to, say, DM me those dates

5 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

It's high time to show something, there's only a little time left to wait. Since the developers focused on bugs and science, and patches were released less often, there should already be some decent result.

What do you mean, "there's only a little time left"? Does KSP2 turn into a pumpkin at midnight

Great news! Congratulations Anth, you're a credit to the community.

There's another highly-technical game I play that just released a DLC and major update that busted the whole game down to the fundamentals. Dev communications about it have been abysmal. They even went so far as to publish a dev note whining about the negative Steam review-bombing from people with thousands of hours in the game.

I'll say one thing for Intercept: You guys do a fantastic job understanding and engaging with the community, and hiring Anth is a clear sign of that.

Grats to the guy for getting the job, but why exactly is this leading to a KERB delay? He doesn't even start until monday, and the KERB report was for this week, so why wouldn't there be any progress from these prior periods? It really feels like a limp excuse rather than an actual justification for the action.

You guys do realize that part of promising the community that you'll be delivering more regular communications is actually sticking with those communications, right? I've been a strong defender that the KERB's are probably going to be of minimal update value just by the nature of bugfixing, but that's not the problem here, the problem is not even delivering 'em.

11 minutes ago, chefsbrian said:

Grats to the guy for getting the job, but why exactly is this leading to a KERB delay? He doesn't even start until monday, and the KERB report was for this week, so why wouldn't there be any progress from these prior periods? It really feels like a limp excuse rather than an actual justification for the action.

You guys do realize that part of promising the community that you'll be delivering more regular communications is actually sticking with those communications, right? I've been a strong defender that the KERB's are probably going to be of minimal update value just by the nature of bugfixing, but that's not the problem here, the problem is not even delivering 'em.

I'll elaborate a bit on this (I was actually the person who suggested we wait... so it's on me).     1.  We wanted to wait and have Anth send out the KERB on Monday since that'll be part of his role going forward and we thought it would be a cool thing for him to do on his first official day.    2.  The bigger reason is the next KERB will directly reference items that Nate will be talking about at SCD this weekend.    Come back Monday and you'll understand exactly why.

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

What do you mean, "there's only a little time left"? Does KSP2 turn into a pumpkin at midnight

Well, if the clock in T2 strikes midnight, then yes, it will turn. I told you that we will soon find out what Nate has in store for us, it’s unlikely that there will be any delay

1 hour ago, FleshJeb said:

I'll say one thing for Intercept: You guys do a fantastic job understanding and engaging with the community

Spoiler

1648276382_1-kartinkof-club-p-mem-toni-s

3 minutes ago, Darrin H said:

The bigger reason is the next KERB will directly reference items that Nate will be talking about at SCD this weekend.    Come back Monday and you'll understand exactly why.

It’s amazing with what secrecy and pathos you decided to announce the next patch

2 minutes ago, Darrin H said:

2.  The bigger reason is the next KERB will directly reference items that Nate will be talking about at SCD this weekend.    Come back Monday and you'll understand exactly why.

I appreciate the clarification, that makes far more sense. All I have to add is that I really hope its taken to heart going forward that communicating the actual, explicit reasons for things is vastly preferred over nebulous mystery playing. Folks are still back and forth on whether there will even be any talks of substance at SCD this weekend due to the fog of mystery that's been attempted on the whole thing. And yea I know its not your doing, QA bro, you just happened to reply so I'm replying back :P

The fog of mystery is for when a community is relatively happy and being teased new things. Its not a good tool to use when a community is discontent, as there's no benefit of the doubt left.

My money is on heating and re-entry effects. I'd love for it to be Science Mode, but I doubt we'll get there until some of the main issues are corrected.

That said, I get the impression that the Devs are climbing the walls wanting to release Science. Its going to be the thing that brings a lot of players back, including myself.

1 hour ago, stephensmat said:

Its going to be the thing that brings a lot of players back, including myself.

I too am stoked for science, but I am OK with waiting as long as it takes to make sure that rollout goes as smooth as possible- exactly because you and so many are  so excited.

9 hours ago, Darrin H said:

Thanks to your first statement, there's no way to prove the second.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

It just confirms what I said.

I mean if the only thing you allow is sitting pretty and smile back at whatever they say, then yeah. I did however, not ask for dates, contrary to what your post says. But hey, you're both free to have all the self fulfilling prophecies you wish.

2 hours ago, Alpha_star said:

The event is livestreaming on YT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTmA2vckA8

I'm ESL, I could catch like 1 word in 50.