KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.2.2.0

10 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Oh well, here it comes.

First one is the last patch. No further comment, no "known issues", PD Launcher is gone.

Second and last will be the farewell corporate trash language ridden letter from either Nate or IG themselves both here and on Twitter/X apologizing for not having been able to meet player expectations blah blah blah.

It's been real.

Back in 2019 the cinematic trailer came out of nowhere, ironically just like this patch. I have never been this much excited about a videogame. Everytime a delay was announced I really didn't mind. I would tell myself that time would only make the game better and better. I would watch the cinematic trailer on loop. Now I can't even get myself to watch it for one last time. A few days ago during the Summer Game Fest one of the announced games's trailer also used Outro as it's song and it felt so... bitter.

It might have been the only piece of media for which I held any excitement or hope ever since I can remember.

Thanks for at least trying. 

See you all around. (modding KSP1 to the brim to fill the void, that is...)

Exactly the same here, also excited with the trailer etc, even through the dealys etc, always here for each DevPost or Feature Video... I'm really starting to feel the "sadness". Secretly I still hope that someone will buy it and make it to it's full potential (I'd suggest remaking it from the ground up)... But for now I'll just forget it, I'd love to hear from Nate, he was real, and especially here from him without the corporate bs, anyway, so long KSP2, for now at least, but probably for ever.

1 minute ago, The Space Peacock said:

Just to make it clear: PDCWolf directed this question at a community member. Me and the other bug hunters are in no way officially associated with T2, PD or IG. We cant tell you anything because we simply dont know anything either, same as the content creators and other outside people with active roles in the community.

You guys are just as mixed up in all of this as us, so of course it's no slight toward the mods, bug hunters, et cetera. More towards Take Two Interactive, the problem is it will go unanswered.

There's few things worse than purgatory, for better or for worse it's time for someone to talk about it.

1 minute ago, Niterliok said:

Exactly the same here, also excited with the trailer etc, even through the dealys etc, always here for each DevPost or Feature Video... I'm really starting to feel the "sadness". Secretly I still hope that someone will buy it and make it to it's full potential (I'd suggest remaking it from the ground up)... But for now I'll just forget it, I'd love to hear from Nate, he was real, and especially here from him without the corporate bs, anyway, so long KSP2, for now at least, but probably for ever.

I suppose once the WARN deadline passes, the end of this month, the likes of Nate, Nertea, et cetera are free to actually talk about it. It's a shame because if there's one thing I could and would never accuse Nate of being, and that's not absolutely enthusiastic about 'the work'. The dude seems like he genuinely loves the concept, the Kerbal way, to the extent that he kinda angered the community a bit with their decision to have wobbly rockets. But yeah!

52 minutes ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Seems like a pretty solid final update. RIP KSP2, you were meant to be but greed strikes again.

I hope that they scrap the sequel idea and keep updating KSP1, but it's unlikely with the mass layoff.

Please! NO!

Do not update KSP1 anymore!

It's finally a solid, constant base to mod off of. Updates will hurt more than they help!

Besides, if they sell the IP, the update you get might be to block mods so the new owners can sell DLC packs.

Edited by TLTay

4 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Please! NO!

It's finally a solid, constant base to mod off of. Updates will hurt more than they help!

I mean, it's literally a DRM-free game for which you can choose which exact past version to install or make infinite copies of in your drive. Even on the hypothetical scenario on which KSP1 got updated again (which really won't be the case) you could continue playing on your desired version with your desired mod versions just fine.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

1 minute ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

I mean, it's literally a DRM-free game for which you can choose which exact past version to install or make infinite copies of in your drive. Even on the hypothetical scenario on which KSP1 got updated again (which really won't be the case) you could continue playing on your desired version with your desired mod versions just fine.

That's only if future owners allow this. They could "update" in a blocking of mods, a drm system, and only one version available to download if they want to farm it for DLC.

8 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Maneuvers can now be created in the map even if a vessel shows 0 delta-V available

Yes!

1 hour ago, Ashiepoppy said:

KSP2

2019-2024

Should be 2023-2024, as it wasn't given life until it dropped in EA.

56 minutes ago, The Space Peacock said:

If anyone stumbles across any new (major) bugs in this patch and would still like to report them, the community bug hunter team will still be managing the bug report forums.

But who will be responsible for fixing them?  I mean, what's the point in reporting stuff if nobody is going to do anything to fix it?

41 minutes ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Or even better, Intercept is going independent of any production label and is just taking the thing on their own.

Legally they can't do that.  One of the reasons why people are told they are being laid off but then walked out with a multiple-week severance package is to prevent them from taking IP from the company letting them go.

37 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Its not dead!

No, but the doctor is holding the plug in his hand.

22 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

not having been able to meet player expectations

Expectations that Nate created, by the way.

10 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

You guys are just as mixed up in all of this as us, so of course it's no slight toward the mods, bug hunters, et cetera. More towards Take Two Interactive, the problem is it will go unanswered.

Perfectly said.  We aren't harshing on the bug hunters, forums mods/admins, or anyone else in the community.  We're just upset with TT, there are no answers, and you guys (bug hunters) are just the unfortunate souls who happen to be "closest" (in the most liberal sense of the word) to the organization.

11 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I suppose once the WARN deadline passes, the end of this month, the likes of Nate, Nertea, et cetera are free to actually talk about it.

That might not be correct.  If they signed an NDA, they could very well be under it for anywhere from 1 second to the rest of their lives.  Unless someone can confirm how long the NDA stretches for AND the content under which they cannot speak, we simply don't know.

3 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I don't think you have to worry about them updating KSP1.  They all but stopped at 1.12.5, and they even stopped updates for the console version, just as they were ramping up for KSP2.  And if the last earnings call taught us anything, it's that their cash cow GTA has their full and undivided attention now.

I would, however, like to see the source code behind either 1 or 2, truth be told.  I am in no way a game developer, but that doesn't mean I can't learn a thing or two from peeking at the code.  I know - won't ever happen.  But it's nice to dream the dream.

2 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

I wish the ksp2 devs all the best and that no such situations happen to anyone

Ditto.  To anyone who was/is employed at IG and who is impacted by this mess, you have my deepest sympathies.  May your rockets all fly straight and true, and may whatever body you land on have nothing but exciting things to show you.

10 minutes ago, TLTay said:

That's only if future owners allow this. They could "update" in a blocking of mods, a drm system, and only one version available to download if they want to farm it for DLC.

They could do whatever they want. KSP has been out on it's last version for a few years already and that version remains DRM free. If such a thing happened, I'm sure everyone here would support literally any other way to get a good KSP copy from anywhere else other than Steam. But again, this will likely never happen
______

On a different note, I noticed that as soon as Nerdy Mike tweeted the patch, the official KSP account had also retweeted it. But that retweet has been undone now that I've checked again.

Odd.

Everything is so odd.

https://x.com/Nerdy_Mike/status/1800566762888683558

https://x.com/KerbalSpaceP

Edited by MARL_Mk1

8 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

But who will be responsible for fixing them?  I mean, what's the point in reporting stuff if nobody is going to do anything to fix it?

No one knows, but \this update came out of the blue in total radio silence. So if there's on going work they'll have bug reports to work off.

Based on past performance and the tendency to over hype everything I'm not inclined to interpret the radio silence as "we're still working on it" though.  More like an attempt, before the lights are turned off, to leave a product that although it is a turd, will at least be left as a warm turd. With steam coming off it.

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

More like an attempt, before the lights are turned off, to leave a product that although it is a turd, will at least be left as a warm turd. With steam coming off it.

That and to remove any company-specific stuff to try and sell it to someone else.

Keep an eye on KSP1 for an update to remove publisher info???

4 minutes ago, TLTay said:

That and to remove any company-specific stuff to try and sell it to someone else.

Keep an eye on KSP1 for an update to remove publisher info???

The good news is that if that was their intention there will be a 0.2.3 patch. Because they did a pretty lousy job at it.

It looks more to me that an effort was made to ensure that everyone who worked on the project was listed in the credits/ Because the credits were expanded a lot.

Edited by Kerbart

I don't know how to feel about it (nice to have, proves they've been indeed working, but does not point at any future - it's just raw patch notes without any fluff unlike before, and the laucher removal may hint at cutting off the publisher from the project). I checked, my doomed ship upon load was now on stable trajectory so that's good. I'm done with speculations so not going to dive into those. Thank you, until next time.

Edited by The Aziz

2 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

Seriously, Steam? Now?

image.png?ex=6669cc4d&is=66687acd&hm=c9b

Edit: now it briefly said "content configuration unavailable". Did somebody jump the gun and they pulled the update?

@ShadowZone do you think this is the very last update for KSP2 ?

Please do a video about this update.

Edited by anis

Screenshot_2024-06-11_111810.png?ex=6669ca4b&is=666878cb&hm=8ea1f2c29d8826b10730cadf3e46510137a5d82db67adf3b500a5cef0c378bc0&CC

(credit to TheUssLoliChan on discord)

this is a super long shot, but the recover vessel button (top center) being available off kerbin is 100% colony related. maybe there's still hope for colonies before the 28th?

6 minutes ago, pk9sp said:

this is a super long shot, but the recover vessel button (top center) being available off kerbin is 100% colony related. maybe there's still hope for colonies before the 28th?

Yeah, really long shot. No, colonies seems impossible to me. You need to wonder why they would pull so few fixes into one patch just to implement a lot more of it 2 weeks later. Okay, because Nate said multiple patches,... If we want a obligatory legal excuse... But really? I don't think so. Nate also said there are a lot of performance improvements needed for colonies. This can't be it.