If the forum comes to an end soon.

ColdJ

A thread to express your appreciation and friendship to Moderators and Members alike.

I have been getting Bad Gateway issues regularly since the announcement that the KSP2 developement has been halted.

So incase the forum does get shutdown (I know it has been promised that it will stay open, but other promises have been broken so there is not certainty.) I would like to say thank you to all of you for a great forum.

Thank you to all the Moderators who have not only kept us all safe and operating, but also been friends to joke with and get help from.

Thank you to all the members that I have interacted with, become friends with, shared interests and worked with to bring new mods into the world.

Also I remember those we have lost. Most may not know but we have sadly lost some members to sickness in real life through the years.

So I encourage any who want to say something positive about any people or aspects of this forum to do so here.

Thank you all for making this a great place to hang out.

Edited by ColdJ

I doubt that the forum is getting shuttered considering KSP 1 is still fairly successful. But I only ask that we get like a month's notice or something. Too many cool things here that aren't backed up anywhere else.

I will echo the sentiment. This has been (and will hopefully continue to be for many years) a great place.

I do a little sigh of relief every time the page loads after a while of bad gateway errors.

This Forum is being a source of many different sentiments over the years***, and I will always be fond of the times I had here.

I learnt a lot.

I wish from all my heart that I could, one day, retribute the kindness and friendship I found here from the majority of the you Fellow Kerbonauts from all the different statuses and roles.

You are the reason Forum was/is fabulous.

"What's the snack compared to the hand that wields it?"

The Riddle of the Snack, Jeb the Kerbarian.

------

*** Being one of the most frequent, the frustration for being unable to do a single post without tyops! :D

Edited by Lisias
I'm condemned to fix tyops to the end of my days!

Like others, I've gotten a lot from the KSP forums.  It's a challenging game that also really needs mods.  The forums are that essential conduit that provides the know-how and the mods to get the most out of KSP.  And I've made many friends too.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I strongly suggest that everyone join the Discords of various KSP groups and streamers.  If these forums go away, those Discords will be how to stay in touch and hopefully organise to create a KSP community forums to take over that role.

I really, really hope that the forums don't come to an end. The forum is filled with good people, and it's given me a place to share my Kerbal adventures with other KSP players. It's so rare to find a community that will support each other, have positivity for the developers, and keep aside politics and the like. My mission report is one of my proudest accomplishments in writing, and I've had tons of fun with forum games and community events. If the forum goes down, there may be nothing that can really replace it.

The forum is almost as old as KSP itself. But if the forum does go down, I'd just like to say, to the moderators, to my fellow Kerbonauts, and to the forum and game themselves, thanks for providing a safe haven on the internet, away from conflict and toxicity, to just be able to nerd out on space stuff. :)

36 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I don't suppose you have any information that is shareable regarding the forum's future?

That is a question for the "Ask the Mods" thread. Last I know is they have been told it will keep going but these are uncertain times.

4 hours ago, Kerbart said:

It didn't load for a while, so that felt foreboding

It happened last Friday too.

WARNING: what follows is an exercise on expeculation! I'm plain guessing! ;)

On a wild guess, perhaps someone would be beefing up the servers for the heavier load on the weekend and thr 502 we get are the cloudflare caches still pinpoint the weaker servers that where shutdown.

Let's see if we get more 502 after the weekend, when I'm presuming they would shutdown the power servers and reignite the cheaper ones for the working days.

If the forums die, KSP kind of dies aswell. It is literally the backbone of the whole modding community. Years of countless invaluable resources would be instantly gone. Forever.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

Hello to the first moderator who sees this.

The reason for posting here seems to have got a little lost. If I was to set up a different thread for theories and possible solutions to the Bad Gateway errors and the possible ending of the forum, where would be the best part of the forum to set it up, as it affects the entire forum not just KSP2 ?

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Hello to the first moderator who sees this.

The reason for posting here seems to have got a little lost. If I was to set up a different thread for theories and possible solutions to the Bad Gateway errors and the possible ending of the forum, where would be the best part of the forum to set it up, as it affects the entire forum not just KSP2 ?

Kerbal Network seems like the best fit for your proposed thread.

Just now, James Kerman said:

Kerbal Network seems like the best fit for your proposed thread.

Thank you James.

To get this back to being about saying thank you for the years, Moderators and members.

I have set up a new thread for discussing the possible end and possible solutions.

On 6/14/2024 at 9:14 AM, Lisias said:

I learnt a lot.

*** Being one of the most frequent, the frustration for being unable to do a single post without tyops! :D

Aye F*ing men..

Regarding my own posts.. not commentary on your own protracted battle with fat fingers and autocorrect.

I've nothing but enjoyed my time here and interacting with the people who visit this little corner of the internet. Creating silly drawings and a few mods has been nothing but fun. While I don't think that the forums will go down any time soon,  if the forums do come to an end, then cue the music.

It's been a pleasure, everyone. Hope to see you all in some other little Podunk corner of the World Wide Web.

I havent been around much in a handful of years, but it would still be very sad to lose the base of such a creative and friendly community. That includes both moderators and members.

So just in case, thank you all very much! I have spent a lot of years here in best company, had a lot of fun creating dozens if not hundreds of spacecraft and missions and found sheer endless inspiration in excellent posts, pictures and discussions! And if everything goes down, just grab that space tape and get yourselves together!  Godspeed and moar boosters!

6 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Why would the forum shut down?

A thread to express your appreciation and friendship to Moderators and Members alike.

I have been getting Bad Gateway issues regularly since the announcement that the KSP2 developement has been halted.

So incase the forum does get shutdown (I know it has been promised that it will stay open, but other promises have been broken so there is not certainty.) I would like to say thank you to all of you for a great forum.

Thank you to all the Moderators who have not only kept us all safe and operating, but also been friends to joke with and get help from.

Thank you to all the members that I have interacted with, become friends with, shared interests and worked with to bring new mods into the world.

Also I remember those we have lost. Most may not know but we have sadly lost some members to sickness in real life through the years.

So I encourage any who want to say something positive about any people or aspects of this forum to do so here.

Thank you all for making this a great place to hang out.

To get this back to being about saying thank you for the years, Moderators and members.

I have set up a new thread for discussing the possible end and possible solutions.