A big thank-you to all the mod-makers

TimKerbin

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to all the mod-makers out there. When I

first started playing KSP I swore I wouldn't use mods; I didn't see the point.

However, I now have 9 mods installed, and no doubt I'll be installing more in

the future! I realise now just how much they accentuate and compliment this

awesome game. Whether it's CrewXFer, or E.V.E, or Engineer. Even little things

like the DistantObject mod which dims the background stars. I haven't a clue

how it does it, and it's just a small detail, but it adds so much.

I know you probably prefer some kind of financial reward for your efforts; I

know these things take a lot of your free time to create. If I could offer money,

I would. But I hope this little thank-you goes some way toward giving you the

recognition and appreciation you deserve.

So on behalf of all Kerbonauts everywhere, young and old, veteran and novice, I

thank-you.

Edited by TimKerbin

Hear hear! I had quite a lot of fun at first with just the stock game, but it wasn't long until mods made it so much better.

Also a Thank you! directed at the developers of this game for creating an environment where mods are allowed and users are encouraged to download them, even incorporating the good ideas into their core game!

Also signed.

We have a large and well-made selection of mods, including historical parts, realism bits, challenge bits, sci-fi parts, silly bits, informational bits, convenience bits, and so forth.

Half of which are currently maintained by Nathan. Thanks Nathan :)

One thing I'd like to say is that people should set up a testing install for mods, and just pick a couple each day and try 'em out. For example, I would have never thought Chatterer would have added anything to my KSP experience, but after testing it on a whim, I actually found that it added strongly to the ambiance.

Well said.

I'm not a big user of mods but the ones I use have added hundreds of enjoyable hours to my KSP play. Engineer alone has transformed my play. I consider it essential.

As a result of the latest devblog I'm playing with Spaceplane Plus - AND IT'S AWESOME! It's not made spaceplanes easy, but it's given spaceplanes far wider applications which wouldn't have previously been possible without unrealistic air-hogging and hundred part wings. C7 before it, of course, gave us spaceplanes before that.

Agreed absolutely. KSP's greatness is because of the mods - most of my fun is spotting when two mods compliment each other in such a way new gameplay emerges beyond what either author intended.

I've watched fumbling code newbies become experts in months, felt sadness when a mod of potential greatness never quite made it (so many shuttle mods...), and elation when mods have risen from the ashes.

I'll raise a glass to the talent and brilliance of the KSP modders.

• 1 year later...

I think this thread needs to be brought back to the front page! Thanks to the mod makers this game has become infinite in scope and potential! A special thanks to those who make the mods that sit in the background allowing other things to happen (e.g. module manager and kopernicus!) 

Many people have thousands of hours of KSP play time, some modders have thousands of hours of Modding Time. I can't thank enough the hardworkers @NathanKell, @Angel-125, @Porkjet@RoverDude, @BahamutoD, @AlphaAsh, @nightingale, @DMagic, @ferram4, @sarbian@Thomas P., @blizzy78, @TriggerAu@blackrack, @rbray89@Nertea, @taniwha, @Diazo . I obviously can't name all of the amazing modders. You've come into the KSP modding community and never left it since. You breathe life into this game, expand the scope and possibilities to infinity, each and every your creation lives and shines, every meticulously thought out coding line, every carefully designed texture map, every brilliant idea of yours are priceless. You are treasures of our community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.