KSP2 Hype Train Thread

6 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

The differences here are not pixellation, imo.

2023-02-17-12-54-52-Window.png

The text for 'GO' is an entirely different font. The numbers are different (look at the zeros)...

I'm more interested in the purpose of GO and dV 1.555 m/s and 2?  I assume it has something to do with launch? If so it not needed once in space

8 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Dv on the green is full dv of this craft (you can see screenshots from the gameplay trailer with that in VAB). 2 is probably number of stages left. GO is so you somehow don't have to press space to stage.

That makes some sense, the row above 01 is the capsule who has no fuel and the last is parachute, nice so Val has more than enough dV 

I sincerely wish the best to everyone involved in this potentially upcoming disaster. 

I will be so happy to see this sequel thrive but i will not ignore all the warning signs.

Hype has a tendency to put them in sideline

First Full release then switch to Early Access with zero new content, only revamped UI and some bloom enchanced graphics

Extremely short and quiet media campaign, mostly i believe to lower the expectations as much its possible.

A ''framey'' release trailer, gameplay that is meant to show the game at its best.

There is so many more, many have made longer threads that explain it so much better.

If you actually read what i typed, not clouded by the fog of hype i appreciate it and yes i do really want this to succeed, that's the best case scenario for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I sincerely wish the best to everyone involved in this potentially upcoming disaster. 

I will be so happy to see this sequel thrive but i will not ignore all the warning signs.

First Full release then switch to Early Access with zero new content, only revamped UI and some bloom enchanced graphics

Extremely short and quiet media campaign, mostly i believe to lower the expectations as much its possible.

A ''framey'' release trailer, gameplay that is meant to show the game at its best.

There is so many more, many have made longer threads that explain it so much better.

If you actually read what i typed, not clouded by the fog of hype i appreciate it and yes i do really want this to succeed, that's the best case scenario for everyone.

You're right, but devs said they want to let the game speak for itself. So we'll see in one week.

17 minutes ago, Serenity said:

only revamped UI

Not to mention countless QOL upgrades easing in the initial entry to the game.

17 minutes ago, Serenity said:

some bloom enchanced graphics

Looking for that bloom though. You also forgot about everything the original didn't have.

18 minutes ago, Serenity said:

gameplay that is meant to show the game at its best.

Building, flying, crashing. The rest of the game is slow process of planning maneuvers, finetuning the craft, timewarping, and driving across the surface for hours. Yes, truly those are the best the game has to offer.

I read your post and respect your concerns but above there are few points I wanted to make regarding what you said.

34 minutes ago, Serenity said:

What do you want? :D

There have not been any "warning signs" that I am aware of.

Early access, yes? Kerbal has a long history of early access.

Slowly releasing features? Yes Kerbal has slowly released features though all its history

If you don't want to be in Early Access, then don't, it really is that simple, and try as you might you wont spoil the fun many of us will have that do want to be in early access. 

2 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

There have not been any "warning signs" that I am aware of.

Early access, yes? Kerbal has a long history of early access.

Slowly releasing features? Yes Kerbal has slowly released features though all its history.

Seriously, everyone complaining about poor framerates, undetailed terrain, and 'lacking' features on release, contrast and compare with KSP1 when it first released (and even as it is still now.)

I keep being told how angry I should be about how terrible KSP2 looks, and every time I'm just excited because it looks great.

It's like just because TakeTwo is involved, everyone expects KSP2 to be as high budget as GTA 5. 

1 minute ago, SolarAdmiral said:

I keep being told how angry I should be about how terrible KSP2 looks, and every time I'm just excited because it looks great.

"Modded KSP does the same thing!"

VAB Workspaces? Physics LOD? Background resource flow? Orbital speed collisions? :D

I'm not judging people who won't be getting KSP 2 and will try to make do with what they can cobble KSP 1 into, I'm just saying it's fallacious to say KSP 2 isn't going to be much more than what modded KSP 1 can do. Sorta undermining the half-decade Intercept has spent analysing KSP 1 to figure out what can be done to improve KSP 2. Not directed at you Solar, just something to add onto what you said :)

Even if KSP 2 runs at 20fps by default and drops to 15fps with massive vessels, it'll be a better start-fps:lag-fps ratio than KSP 1 dropping from 60fps to 10fps because you switched to a massive (not even that massive, just big) vessel once.

Anyone got any guesses on what's up with the SAS indicator? Looks like it was filled in with that navy color and text added after-the-fact, right? Especially compared to the 1px-thick RCS indicator. I wonder if the original screenshot had the SAS indicator, like, a solid gray disc, but during development it was changed to match the RCS indicator? I'm kinda stumped.

8teSulH.png

4 minutes ago, SolarAdmiral said:

Seriously, everyone complaining about poor framerates, undetailed terrain, and 'lacking' features on release, contrast and compare with KSP1 when it first released (and even as it is still now.)

Yes! KSP1 evolved into what it was out of a 2D model and a "let's see how far we can take this" approach. For all intends and purposes, what we see next week can be regarded a finished product. Yes, it's early access, and not the final release, yadda, yadda. But also: in about every occasion since the EA announcement, Intercept has stated that it's about gathering feedback, not about rushing an unfinished product to market. There's a lot of claims I think are baseless (see below) but that I will expect. Features are missing, but in its core the game should be close to final potential (barring bugs to fix). Framerate, partcount: what we get is it, I doubt there will be significant improvements in the future. But also: Intercept had the ability to learn from KSP1, so I do expect things to be a whole lot better than what we currently have.

As to the complaints over framerate, pixels and other "I'm concerned" posts: I just have a hard time taking those serious. We haven't seen a lot of the game in its final form, and I don't see value in drawing conclusions from publicity shots (intended for hype) without knowing what their context is. In a week we'll know, and if the embargo lifts indeed on the 20th, we'll know after the weekend.

Just now, whatsEJstandfor said:

Anyone got any guesses on what's up with the SAS indicator? Looks like it was filled in with that navy color and text added after-the-fact, right? Especially compared to the 1px-thick RCS indicator. I wonder if the original screenshot had the SAS indicator, like, a solid gray disc, but during development it was changed to match the RCS indicator? I'm kinda stumped.

8teSulH.png

That is really odd I hope they fix it before release 

Just now, Royalswissarmyknife said:

That is really odd I hope they fix it before release 

I don't think it's actually in-game. I think it must have been added in post, to cover up something that's no longer in the game but was at the time this shot was recorded. I just can't figure out what it would be covering up.

Just now, whatsEJstandfor said:

8teSulH.png

It looked like this originally -

2023-02-17-16-27-44-sneakpeek-for-discor

I'm more and more convinced that the 'high res' version is just someone replacing the original stuff in Paint or something. It's not an alternate UI, it a really bad 'touch up' job.

Just now, WelshSteW said:

It looked like this originally -

2023-02-17-16-27-44-sneakpeek-for-discor

I'm more and more convinced that the 'high res' version is just someone replacing the original stuff in Paint or something. It's not an alternate UI, it a really bad 'touch up' job.

Oh yeah, I forgot that's how it had looked. I'll buy that. I just don't know why it would have been changed in post; I think these indicators look great!