All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. tater

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Vacuum Raptor makes a huge difference. It means that LEO--->Lunar Surface and back to Earth is possible with 85 tonnes of Starship, plus ~35t of cargo (some of which might really be landing propellants). If 85t dry includes a crew component, that's impressive. Looks like Vacuum Raptor must have turned out easier than expected. I bet the June 20 info is pretty interesting, and we might well see some hardware flying (hopper) in the next several days.
  3. This response is a plague. The whole point of making something stock is so people WONT HAVE TO download mods. I personally refuse to play anything but vanilla because I cant be sure that someone else's mods wont wreck my pc. I'm sure they wouldn't, but I still wont do it because I care too much. At least if Squad implements something, I know my computer or xbox can handle it fine. (Also xbox players cant get mods so.. cant forget that.) Also, I support all of this lol
  4. aagun123

Breaking Ground... What will you build first?

waiting for reconstruction
  5. Triop

What did you do in KSP today?

In style as usual.
  6. Mission 160: Project DIVA F 2nd / Negi Maru flight 02 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7) Designing Interplanetary Vehicle Architecture with Fission propulsion, 2nd mission. Jool 5 expedition with 8 Kerbals. Returning to Laythe and waiting for the return window while being refueled again. Y40, D171 (Negi Maru Tylo departure) Y40, D175 (Negi Maru Laythe insertion) Y40, D179 (WiM-9 Bop departure) Y40, D187 (WiM-9 Laythe arrival + docking with Negi Maru) Leaving Tylo
  7. It happens when I start KSPIE engines. So I put multiple stock craft with different engines on the runway and they took off no issues. The second I put One of my thermal SSTO's with Thermal Turbo or Ramjet it goes wonky. I'm reloading again to find out if its just the thermals or if its all KSPIE engines.
  8. When this came up before, OhioBob remembered (correctly, as we later confirmed) that zero-celestial-longitude points directly away from the center of the galaxy in the skybox Now we have a nicer-looking skybox, without such an obvious center to the home galaxy, but I attached screen shots of the bit of sky that serves the role of 'first point of Aries', and of the easier-to-find galaxy in the opposite direction. he Alt-12 debug menu Flight Info also gives current latitude of the craft, for those of us who don't use Kerbnet. Maybe we should suggest that Squad not display the LAN in the orbital-information tab, because it is never useful for normal gameplay.
  9. To answer you question.. yes! Make courage and stupidity actually mean something, and if we're being real here, shouldn't kerbal engineers be the only ones capable of using your K struts idea? Of course if k struts becomes a thing so should rigidly attached fuel pipes from kerbal inventories. Also I dont think engineers should be the only ones to pack parachutes. Since when was folding fabric too complicated for scientists and space pilots?!
  10. VA7NFH

Triop's Adventures

I've got mine too!
  11. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Triop's Adventures

Heeeyyy I did mine earlier! No pic, tho!
  12. Shpaget

Belly or tail lander? Implications pf scifi tech

A "tail" implies a rocket. A sufficiently advanced propulsion system would not require a rocket like configuration. Borg cube.
  13. tater

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Back to vacuum Raptor!
  14. I haven't seen a config-file fix for this one. Adjusting the attachment orientation in the config-files somewhat fixes the similar problem with mk2 textures flipping, but I could not see a way for it to help these triangles. IKSP depends on every surface-attachable part having mirror symmetry across the x/y plane (the plane of an airplane wing in the SPH) when the part is placed before any rotation. The M.H. credits list many freelance artists, and I can imaging this convention was not pointed out to them. After thinking this through, it seems there probably is a config-file solution involving MODEL { rotation = ax, ay, az} That would break old craft, so if Squad uses that method they would need to introduce a version-2 of the triangular parts, letting old craft use the version-1. If anyone has a working config-file patch, please post it to the bug report
  15. Raptor9

Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Per your usual videos, this one has the cringey, edge-of-the-seat precision flying; sleek, innovative designs; and some comical events...(who needed those solar panels anyway). Great video as usual @Cupcake...
  16. James M

Propellers Please?

@JPLRepo Hello and sorry if I'm wasting your time. I wasnt sure how to go about closing this topic? Would you possibly be able to do this for me or should I wait and ask someone else? Thank you!
  17. Cupcake...

What did you do in KSP today?

...ferried a wee bit cargo to orbit. Enjoy! Cupcake...
  18. Triop

Triop's Adventures

What does torque do ? I'm a noob. Yes it is, I bought you a ticket as well.
  19. Cupcake...

Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Heh all, I'm aiming to have this one released over the weekend. Enjoy! Cupcake...
  20. If that were to ever happen, I'd be expecting serious compensation. This project has been in the making for at least a year with several very skilled people working on it. It would be almost insulting to the community's most talented artists to frame their project as a free crutch for a game that Squad\TakeTwo has more than enough money to pay for. I'd say Squad have made their decisions regarding the ongoing art direction, so yeah. I don't think incorporating Restock would really help push the game into a more cohesive style. Not to say there isn't one - the recent revamps are amazing - but as the Restock thread states, it is a different approach to what most modders (and ex-employees) want the game to look like.
  21. There is a value associated with each celestial body that forcibly shuts down/switches off the PQS at a certain altitude. (Though you most likely see it disappear a few 10s of kilometers before this, it can still be active in the background) The values for the stock bodies have been exported from the game via the Kopernicus and KittopiaTech mods. Moho: 115,000m Eve: 130, 000m Gilly: 180, 000m Kerbin: 160, 000m Mun: 120, 750m Minmus: 180, 000m Duna: 120, 000m Ike: 180, 000m Dres: 115, 000m Jool: Doesn't have PQS so this doesn't apply Laythe: 160, 000m Vall: 330, 000m Tylo: 330, 000m Bop: 180, 000m Pol: 180, 000m Eeloo: 120, 000m Please try the other or both options if one doesn't work though. (mine and/or FleshJeb's) I hope this helps!
  22. kerbiloid

Belly or tail lander? Implications pf scifi tech

If it carries a cargo, it's easier to roll on/roll off, than to up/down.
  23. Skyrunner84

[1.5.1, 1.4.5, 1.3.1] RemoteTech v1.9.0 [2018-10-29]

I know that RemoteTech 2 is still under development but I dont know where else to ask this. Has there been any word if the features of ComNet Constilations will be implemented? I really want to like that mod I just feel like I have to have the features in RT more. I think my biggest problem with the stock system is antenna type (direct vs relay) and that 2 direct antennas cant connect with each other. Add to that dishes that act like omni and I just get frustrated to the point I want RT back. But I do really like the idea of frequencies.
  1. Load more activity