My wife and I have been playing the timed demo of Enshrouded and enjoying it immensely even though the most common result of any foray into the Shroud is one or both of our games crashing.

It's like Valheim with better building and terrain deforming.

The timed part of the demo is 8 hours and a hopefully non timed one is coming out on the 9th. If so we'll be playing it a LOT this month.

59 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

My wife and I have been playing the timed demo of Enshrouded and enjoying it immensely even though the most common result of any foray into the Shroud is one or both of our games crashing.

It's like Valheim with better building and terrain deforming.

The timed part of the demo is 8 hours and a hopefully non timed one is coming out on the 9th. If so we'll be playing it a LOT this month.

Watched a couple of videos.  Looks interesting. 

Is it all PVE or can you run into PVP at the worst time and lose everything?

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Watched a couple of videos.  Looks interesting. 

Is it all PVE or can you run into PVP at the worst time and lose everything?

They specifically said in one of their videos that the are NOT doing ANY PVP. It's not in the game. They said by avoiding it entirely they can concentrate on PVE and cooperative play and not have to balance things around PVP.

I for one applaud them. I hate PVP. :D

So much Stardew Valley.

You know, I think I'm basically done getting excited about AAA games.   I get so much more fulfillment out of the indie stuff.  I've written off $60 games after 10-20 hours so many times.  This one's 1/4 that and I've loved it so much I've already bought 3 more copies for family.

You don't have to have 4k graphics and traced rays to have a good game.  You just need a good game.

9 hours ago, Geonovast said:

You know, I think I'm basically done getting excited about AAA games.

Here-here. Graphics peaked a while ago for me, and besides that, what can AAAs offer over indies? Carefully raffinated gameplay? Celebrity voice actors? They sure as heck don't offer more content anymore, except perhaps for dedicated open-worlders...

So I tried Juno. It feels sterile. I plan to give it a go again to see if I can't prep myself for that vibe.

Simple planes is still waiting for a first boot. Looks cool.

Jet Set Radio feels... off. It's not the same as the original. 

The remade Tony-Hawk 1+2 is AMAZING. 9/10 cause I want silly hats.

Apparently I need the Nvidia 5090 to enjoy Cities Skylines II in 4k. 

- no, seriously. 

Given the GPU is delayed until 2025, that would also give the devs a shot at optimization.  

Could also be the year KSP2 gets Science! 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

How's your preorder?

Going well so far. I have been running at a consistent 60 FPS in a city with 1000 population as of writing this

Feels a bit like an early access that has been made a full release. Although I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs. (Unlike a game that starts with a K and ends with a 2)

I would probably give it a 7.5/10 mainly because of the bugs and the fact there's no bikes.

Spoiler

Not preordering a game again though.

Got lucky 2 times in a row I am not gonna chance it again.

2 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

My simutrans pak reached some kind of milestone today, it's actually "playable" now! I will just need to tweak the income and other costs, because they aren't even close to balanced.

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=32520

Is that your game?

Super Mario Wonder

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Ah, DLC fodder. As expected.

The clearly advertisedNOTadvertised future DLC that matters is the revamp of Industries.  I like that they have the simulation aspects baked into the base game - but the base game implementation looks gross to me.  Not the painting / designation area part - but the randomly spawning buildings, etc. 

Hoping that the Industries2 DLC is not something I've made up through wishful thinking... And happens in the first year of release.