Predict when the developers will give us some info

Maybe in 10 or 20 years someone will do a little retrospective or "where are they now" kind of thing, and one of the developers will accidentally say something then, and no one will notice or care.

Other than that I'm down for "never."

7 hours ago, attosecond said:

30 seconds to 1 minute after the NDAs expire

So... Never, then :):D

I'll go for 7.27.24 (shudder... US date format!) for... no reason really.

I would rather take 01.07.2024. Chances are the NDA includes the last day in month, but I think 'never' is actually more likely. The only information I do need however is whether we get an game update after June or not or if the IP get sold to another company. That will lead to usable results eventually, even though I prefer more dense text regards to this drama.

4 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

I would rather take 01.07.2024. Chances are the NDA includes the last day in month, but I think 'never' is actually more likely. The only information I do need however is whether we get an game update after June or not or if the IP get sold to another company. That will lead to usable results eventually, even though I prefer more dense text regards to this drama.

NDA's generally cover a company's intellectual property...in perpetuity.  There is generally no end date for when the NDA expires, unless the IP has been made publicly available through open source or some other legal means.  And even then, you are highly unlikely to ever hear the truth of what happened (there are always three sides to the truth, in this case:  the devs, the company, what really happened).

Also, even though I'm an American, I tend to write dates as 20240614.  Comes with being an automation jockey in my day job.

11 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

I prefer 2024-07-27

I prefer 27/07/2024 but atleast you go year/month/day. I find putting the day in the middle highly illogical.

For me we are up to this day within this month within this year.

As to the topic of this thread: I reckon NEVER.

3 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

NDA's generally cover a company's intellectual property...in perpetuity.  There is generally no end date for when the NDA expires, unless the IP has been made publicly available through open source or some other legal means.  And even then, you are highly unlikely to ever hear the truth of what happened (there are always three sides to the truth, in this case:  the devs, the company, what really happened).

Also, even though I'm an American, I tend to write dates as 20240614.  Comes with being an automation jockey in my day job.

Yeah, but if there is an end on a certain date (and be it for a smaller part of the NDA) it would most likely include the last day in month, meaning you should add +1 day to that. I get that it's probably not happening anyway, but it makes more logical sense regards to any kind of contracts.

I have yet to met the first person preferring binary date formats.

Spoiler

In their time.

Extreme_Unction_Rogier_Van_der_Weyden.jp

On 6/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

NDA's generally cover a company's intellectual property...in perpetuity.

Spoiler

Just about 280+ trillion years.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by kerbiloid

On 6/14/2024 at 12:23 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

NDA's generally cover a company's intellectual property...in perpetuity.

Now... What value have a NDA when anyone can decompile the source code, get access to the very same intellectual property the Devs are tied by the NDA, and even publish add'ons using such knowledge on this very Forum?

An NDA could be unenforceable if it is too broad, is not for a defined time period, covers information that is not confidential, or asks for illegal conduct.

https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/insights/articles/4-things-to-know-about-non-disclosure-agreements

Yeah, there're more things tied to the NDA than the Source Code, but yet...

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Now... What value have a NDA when anyone can decompile the source code, get access to the very same intellectual property the Devs are tied by the NDA, and even publish add'ons using such knowledge on this very Forum?

Well, you can decompile the assembly, but not the executable.  And forget the assets; they are tied up somewhere and we really can't get to them.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Well, you can decompile the assembly, but not the executable.  And forget the assets; they are tied up somewhere and we really can't get to them.

Uh, nope. The EULA says no decompile salvo further terms provided. And Forum says you cam only fiddle with GameData contents and splicitly says you can't examine the code of anything.

Check this: 

9. Legal Boundaries

You may not decompile, modify or distribute any of the .dll files or other files KSP comes with beyond content of the GameData folder. Follow the EULA. For assemblies, you may only use exposed public or protected members of classes, and you may not examine the code within any member.

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/add-on-posting-rules

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

Uh, nope. The EULA says no decompile salvo further terms provided. And Forum says you cam only fiddle with GameData contents and splicitly says you can't examine the code of anything.

Check this: 

Oh, I only said you could.  I never said you should, or that it was legal.

6 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I'm predicting tomorrow...

Y'know the day after *today*

“The rule is, info tomorrow and info yesterday—but never info today.” “It must come sometimes to 'info today,' ” Alice objected. “No, it can't,” said the queen. “It's info every other day: today isn't any other day, you know.”

Apologies to Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, aka Lewis Carol.