Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

8 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

@Lisias and @Just Jim have used confuse. It's very effective. @Arco123 has been stunned and confused for 5 more posts or edits... (Couldn't resist doing this!) 

Truth be told, the moderators here are awesome, and do an incredible job
But a couple are also close friends, and I can't help but poke some fun at them... hehehe  :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

5 hours ago, Arco123 said:

How did this forum get to this stage. (Grow)

Good question. It's because since the early days of the forum, the very beginning of the forum was to be supportive of those who play Kerbal Space Program. Sal once told me that he preferred it this way because this game has a steep learning curve. And he had the vision this forum needed to be there to help people get the most out of the game. Since then, this forum has been described as a "giant hug box" and this, I believe, has fed the expansion of the forum.

You'll still find people coming here to get advice and answers on how to get stuff into orbit or how to get it back down - and everything in between. There are also those who may no longer play the game yet still come here because of friendships developed over the years (I've been here since 2012). Again, this isn't surprising because of the supportive nature of the forum. I just hope the forum will continue to live up to the dreams and hopes of Sal and Harvester.

6 hours ago, Arco123 said:

And, (Slightly off topic.) how did you guys become mods? Were you normal members before? 

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

I knew some of them before becoming Moderators. Simple answer: NO. :sticktongue:

(I'm kidding... I think...)

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Define "Normal".... :sticktongue:
(sorry... couldn't resist... hehehe)

Yeah, what @Just Jim and @Lisias said... who's actually normal around here?

Yes, seriously, I was a forum member for about seven years before I became a moderator. :) And I am thankful for having the honor.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:56 AM, Deddly said:

Regular moderators don't have the ability to change their own or anyone else's names, and I imagine they would have the same one change limit, but I don't really know, because it's never been asked :)

It has been asked! @Tex used to be called Maximus97. I don't think he'd be allowed to change his name again.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Question: do PMs have to follow the forum rules or not?

Yes.  And you can report private messages just like posts.  If you have a problem with a private message, just go ahead and report it like you would a thread or post.

Just now, Geonovast said:

Yes.  And you can report private messages just like posts. 

Oh...

It was more about sending PMs not following the official forum rules, in particular regarding "political correctness", things you prefer to discuss face-to-face, not to face an outrage of the oh-so-holier-than-tough.