Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Ok, for the third time in as many pages: Some people try to abuse the system.     

I’m really not sure how we can state this any more clearly for you.     Is this really the hill you’re planning on dying on?   

This is as much of a concession as anything else. I'm not dying on any hill. I just have, like, my opinion... man.

I said I've accepted it two posts ago.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, Socraticat said:

Ok, so the first thing I notice is how invested you are in diminishing the influence of your most enthusiastic members.  Isn't this forum for those people, and exactly those people?

I don't think you really understand how the reputation system works... 

4 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

I don't think you really understand how the reputation system works... 

Clearly.

That's why I posted my inquiry into a section titled "Ask the mods about the forums", and I mostly got snarky replies. I understand that there's a concern with abusing a system of "likes" that lose all meaning if a few members abuse the system and gain too many of them, leading to confusion about the relevancy of "likes"... is that correct? Or am I misreading something?

1 hour ago, Socraticat said:

Clearly.

That's why I posted my inquiry into a section titled "Ask the mods about the forums", and I mostly got snarky replies. I understand that there's a concern with abusing a system of "likes" that lose all meaning if a few members abuse the system and gain too many of them, leading to confusion about the relevancy of "likes"... is that correct? Or am I misreading something?

Sorry if some of the replies appeared snarky. I don' think that was the intention.  You summed up the situation with "too many likes" pretty well here, though.  I haven't been on enough forums to know how bad things get otherwise, but the limit seems pretty reasonable so me, personally. But that's subjective and I get that more active members can quickly reach the limit and get frustrated with it.

Edited by Deddly

Gonna re-post this here because I think I may have posted it in the wrong place originally.

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to technical issues specific to running KSP2 under Linux?  I've been running it that way since day one of early access, and I can see plenty of other people are as well.

As it does not look like there will be a Linux native version of KSP2 for quite some time, it would be nice if there was a space where Linux KSP2 users could discuss their specific issues.

17 minutes ago, Davidian1024 said:

Would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to technical issues specific to running KSP2 under Linux?

That's a good question!  I've noticed several Linux users valiantly trying to get the game working as well.  I've also seen several users trying to make KSP2 run on Macs (under Parallels, I think?).

19 hours ago, 18Watt said:

That's a good question!  I've noticed several Linux users valiantly trying to get the game working as well.  I've also seen several users trying to make KSP2 run on Macs (under Parallels, I think?).

Yeah, I've definitely seen people talking about running it on Macs too.

Maybe it would make sense to add Linux, Mac and maybe even Windows specific sections under the KSP2 Technical Support (PC, unmodded and modded installs) sections?

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

What would happen if I post this?'); DROP TABLE POSTS; --

Any attempts to mess with the forum usually ends up with the user being perma-banned.    

If you want to be creative and mess with a forum, go to Invisions forum and break theirs, they’ll be able to fix it much faster than we can, and you won’t ruin the fun for everybody else here.    

So Please stop.  

On 4/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, Davidian1024 said:

Maybe it would make sense to add Linux, Mac and maybe even Windows specific sections under the KSP2 Technical Support (PC, unmodded and modded installs) sections?

Actually, I just stumbles across this:

It's under KSP2 Technical Support.  There's also a Mac thread in there too.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, AtomicTech said:

Have any of y'all mods ever sat down and read Take-Two's terms of service?

We get quizzed weekly on it.    Contemplating sitting for the bar exam just from what I’ve learned there.    The electric shocks @Ghostii_Spaceapplies for wrong answers makes you a good study.    Milgram not withstanding, it’s an excellent study technique.     

On 4/29/2023 at 11:36 AM, Gargamel said:

We get quizzed weekly on it.    Contemplating sitting for the bar exam just from what I’ve learned there.    The electric shocks @Ghostii_Spaceapplies for wrong answers makes you a good study.    Milgram not withstanding, it’s an excellent study technique.     

Hehe....

You're in danger.

What made you be a mod? Played KSP, or actually worked for the people who made it?

On 4/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, AtomicTech said:

Have any of y'all mods ever sat down and read Take-Two's terms of service?

Ongoing assignment since they change frequently. I own other titles that are T2 that are not PD (and thusly) far different than the one that is specific to KSP and KSP2. Always read the fine print and never assume that you know what it says and means. And never assume it is a universal because the main publisher is the same. It's not universal...

1 hour ago, Jacob Kerman said:

You're in danger.

Always. Ever drive on the roads around here? If the potholes don't get you, the morons texting while driving will!

1 hour ago, Jacob Kerman said:

What made you be a mod?

A desire to give back to a community that I dearly enjoy being a member of - although there are times it is rather trying.

51 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Just a fellow community member and long time player, just wanting to help the community be the best it can be.   

dtc-chile-yellow-and-purple.gifThis...