KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.2.0

Intercept Games

Has direct download been removed from the site? The patch isn't available through the Private Division download portal

- Never mind. PSA: clear your browser's cache before attempting to download a new patch through the Private Division website :sad:

Edited by CptScience
Update to reflect that the error was not on the part of Private Division

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't see a fix in there for incorrect trajectories when returning to Kerbin from an interplanetary mission.

5 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

I don't see a fix for this. :(

And ninja'ed by Lefty.  Glad to see I'm not the only person who noticed this didn't get fixed.  Shame as it makes the game unplayable.

Edited by Scarecrow71

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Shame as it makes the game unplayable.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say “unplayable” but it’s definitely a bug and if you want to play despite the bug, you have to massively over-build your craft in terms of dV. Optimized, KSP1-style missions are untenable. 

Quick statistics: 108 fixes less than with the previous patch. Similar share of "rocket logo bugs". Largest amount of fixes is "UI/UX".

Patch 1 Patch 2
Fixes 281 173
Rocket logos 42 27
Rocket logo share 14,95% 15,61%
Flight & Map 50 22
Optimizations 18 21
Saving & Loading 6 8
Parts & Stock Vessels 39 12
UI/UX 59 35
Construction 14 11
Environments 37 28
EVA 15 0
FX & Audio 19 10
Tutorials 17 5
Localization 7 21

Just now, ShadowZone said:

Quick statistics: 108 fixes less than with the previous patch. Similar share of "rocket logo bugs". Largest amount of fixes is "UI/UX".

Patch 1 Patch 2
Fixes 281 173
Rocket logos 42 27
Rocket logo share 14,95% 15,61%
Flight & Map 50 22
Optimizations 18 21
Saving & Loading 6 8
Parts & Stock Vessels 39 12
UI/UX 59 35
Construction 14 11
Environments 37 28
EVA 15 0
FX & Audio 19 10
Tutorials 17 5
Localization 7 21

Looking forward to when this spreadsheet is 50 columns wide

And confirmed that the trajectory bug is NOT fixed.  In the first two screenshots, I plotted a course burning prograde to Duna's orbit and I'm showing an intercept with Kerbin.  In the second 2 shots, I burn retrograde to Duna's orbit, and I get a flight path going outwards towards Eeloo.  This is NOT correct; these should be the opposite of what they are.

Spoiler

jm5p70o.png
triCOeZ.png

nyALtsF.png
UXZZK1X.png

I am left wondering if @Nate Simpson can address why this bug was not fixed when it's been reported since initial launch of the game?

Also, there is no longer a delete icon near the burn timer?  We have to use the delete icon on the maneuver node itself now?

5 hours ago, Little 908 said:

you have no idea what “unplayable” feels and looks like…

:cry:

[snip]  Interplanetary missions are not playable due to the bug as you cannot accurately plan for, plot, or fly the right trajectory.  That makes most of the game unplayable...unless you prefer to stay within Kerbin's SOI.  Which I don't.  I want to see the rest of the planets, and I'd like to be able to plan appropriately.  [snip]

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

Some very pleasing developments on the performance front.

I mean, it is immediately, visually obvious how the extra performance is obtained when you play on low settings. The reduction in visual fidelity is very significant.

...But then again, that is precisely what "low settings" are for. Previously, they barely did anything. Now they do a lot. And the impact on video memory is dramatic. Previously, even 1080p on low settings was all but maxing out an 8GB buffer; now, I encountered some situations where it only needed ~5. This disables the brutal memory bottleneck that made a bunch of perfectly serviceable video cards with 6GB VRAM borderline unplayable at any resolution.

I'm seeing FPS gains of 50% and more, depending on the scene. Heck, I can switch up to 1440p and get slightly more FPS than I got on 1080p before, and because that's my native resolution, the image is no longer blurry from interpolation.

Perhaps someone else can comment on performance differences at medium or high settings - I'm still stuck on old hardware for now, pending a full new PC build in the next month or two :P But I can guarantee that a lot of people with low-end hardware will appreciate these changes.

MASSIVE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS!!!! Great work!!!

The game is finally playable for me. Prior to this patch I couldnt even launch a stock plane because the game ran so slow. Now I can launch it and play at full speed no problem! Really great work in a short period of time!!!