Nate Simpson online on June 11th

10 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Nate is literally on record as saying the wobble was part of the Kerbal experience

And I agree with him on that.

10 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I'm talking about that noodle he used to get his point across

Every rocket ever shown to me that was called a "wet noodle" I'd have sent back for being undercooked by like half.

And most of the rockets that showed it the worst should never have flown anyway.

Did I think they were too wobbly? Probably. I don't actually know because I never played until For Science came out and the wobble was "fixed."

Do I think they're not wobbly enough now? Kind of.

4 hours ago, Observe said:

If I were Nat Simpson, I would be searching the forum in hope of finding kind words, while winching at the many unkind ones

I'd avoid this forum like it would give me The Plague, and be busy doing anything offline I could.

3 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

And I agree with him on that.

Every rocket ever shown to me that was called a "wet noodle" I'd have sent back for being undercooked by like half.

And most of the rockets that showed it the worst should never have flown anyway.

Did I think they were too wobbly? Probably. I don't actually know because I never played until For Science came out and the wobble was "fixed."

Do I think they're not wobbly enough now? Kind of.

Before fix:

lol2.png?ex=6671981a&is=6670469a&hm=5f6e

After fix:

lol4.png?ex=6671a3a0&is=66705220&hm=7570

On 6/16/2024 at 1:54 PM, ColdJ said:

No Direct Access

Nobody Denies Anything

Next Disaster Anyone?

Pfft, what do you know? The guy is clearly here to stick it to us!

On 6/16/2024 at 10:14 PM, Pthigrivi said:

People are hating on Nate lately but he was the only dude who played and loved KSP and advocated for a worthy scope for KSP2.

I will agree 100% that Nate genuinely loves KSP. I "hate" on Nate because this is the big league and his project failed. These are the stakes. This is the feedback you get when you fail at this level. I got nothing against Nate as a guy. As a leader of a game? His track record is abysmal. I'm sorry, but his enthusiasm does not make up for his shortcomings. You can totally make the argument that he should never have been put in that position, but I'm seeing a lack of accountability. I don't care if somebody tried hard. I care if they did what their word said they would do.

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

That's the thing - he's responsible for sure. However...

There's a chance waaaaay bigger than 0 (I would guess about 125.82% :sticktongue:) that the real responsible for this incredibly epic borkage is more than happy on seeing Nate taking all the blame in this witch hunt.

Don't put all that weight on a single dude. There're more people deserving some bashing - some of them even more than Nate.

I agree to a certain extent, but Nate got paid the big bucks to put his face all over the pack of lies he fed us. He is totally complicit in all of this. Yes, of course there are people behind the scenes that actually screwed it up, but as i said, this is the big league. Flip it the other way; If KSP2 was a success, would you be saying "Nope! It's not Nate who made the game great, its this beancounter over here that actually performed the real magic"?

Howbout this, I'll take back every single thing I've said about @Nate Simpson if he gives me back my $50. I feel that if he were to make it public that he was just an enthusiast who got swept up in this corporate baloney, and is trying to do right by us and get us refunds, I would do a 180* just on principle. As I see it now, he is richer than he was before he started KSP2 and we are poorer.

Edited by Meecrob

2 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

more budget and up to 70 "professionals"

If I've learned anything over my lifetime as a consumer, it's that "professionals" can screw up too.

I mean look at the Cybertruck.

21 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Before fix:

lol2.png?ex=6671981a&is=6670469a&hm=5f6e

After fix:

Thank you for an example of a rocket that should not be able to fly.

Edited by Superfluous J

4 hours ago, Meecrob said:

Pfft, what do you know? The guy is clearly here to stick it to us!

Why do I feel like you missed the nuanced , tounge in cheek, maybe ever so slightly sarcastic, tone of my post? :D

7 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Why do I feel like you missed the nuanced , tounge in cheek, maybe ever so slightly sarcastic, tone of my post? :D

No I got that, I'm on your side. I know what an NDA is. You clearly missed the sarcasm in my reply.

Edited by Meecrob

1 minute ago, Meecrob said:

Don't be so quick to judge

Absolutely no judgement at all. Hence the grin Emoji.

We really need mischievious fonts. :)

I didn't mean to say it that way. I edited my above reply.  I said you clearly missed my sarcasm:P

5 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

We really need mischievious fonts

Agreed

Just now, Meecrob said:

I didn't mean to say it that way. I edited my above reply.  I said you clearly missed my sarcasm:P

It is all good.

These are tense times, but we are all riding this tidal wave together. :)

15 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Matt Lowne said, during his conversation with Harvester on the Tube, that he'd reached out to Nate and got a response saying 'I look forward to talking when I can' or something along those lines. Reading between the lines there, he can't talk right now due to some mitigating factor, no doubt a non-disclosure agreement but it sounded like he'll be able to talk sometime in the not too distant future. If there's anyone who has the full details, it's Nate.

I don't know.  Nate appears to still work for Private Division--but who knows how long that organization has left to go?  But Nate still will want to land on his feet, whatever he did.  And I'm sure he's really thinking that he wants a position with some security.  He will be very reluctant to tell the true details of what happened even if he isn't covered by an unexpired NDA.  That doesn't look good to a future employer.  While being in a disaster and keeping his mouth shut in public is a more employable skill.

In other news, I found a link I had to an ancient discussion back in 2020 June, about the Star Theory debacle.  Once more, with feeling.

6 hours ago, MechBFP said:

After fix:

And you really think this is a valid, sounding rocket for a engaging problem solver game?

This thing would not be stable even on space, what to say on launch?

We had gone from a (bad) extreme to the other (yet worst) one.

If you want to have a conversation with the guy I dont see stalking as the best way to introduce yourself.

Nate is just a human being like the rest of us, the idea he is somehow a conspirator and all powerful seems paranoid projection, of an inferiority complex, which is very fashionable but a bit mad.

He has to work under the direction of PD and TTWO management and as for blaming the fate of KSP2 on a few hilarious design experiments, that is too much salt.

Besides has noone heard of struts? Second word in the Kerbal, lexicon right after boosters.

I agree it is a frustrating situation but not one of Nate's making and it is no fair to take it out on him, he just tried to make the game and he has my thanks for his noble efforts, sincerely :)

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

And you really think this is a valid, sounding rocket for a engaging problem solver game?

Exactly. At launch there was clearly way too much wobble, but the solution wasn't zero wobble, it was dialing it back to a place where realistically designed vessels don't flex. That still might mean some struts for many designs. I pointed this out at the time that real rockets do use struts and don't just attach boosters at one point. It seemed to me watching even some really experienced youtubers that some had become so used to relying on autostrut that they didn't seem to understand how to place struts efficiently, so I understand why there was reticence to rely on that as the main solution and that a more thorough solution was preferred. For me this falls into the category of 'things that might have been worked out with another year of development'. 

http://www.collectspace.com/images/news-062011a/012.jpg

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

You quoted me, but are you talking to someone else? 
I literally didn’t say anything except “before fix” and “after fix”. 

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

One is a glorified bug that requires parts of a vessel to not have collision enabled with other parts of the same vessel and on top of that ends up creating phantom forces and unintuitive behavior. The other is in tune with a game that doesn't give you any sort of control or input over structural design and requires you to use parts in ways they aren't supposed to sometimes.

Neither is good, but one is clearly in line with the level of abstractions the game works with, and the other needs to never be seen again. People love to lap up wobble whilst looking away from all the problems it causes and all the mess you need to create in the game physics for it to work. It is hilarious to see how the problems wobble causes are never brought up just "muh flex".

Edited by PDCWolf

18 hours ago, rjbvre said:

Saying something so condescending and negative about someone, so confidently and with such little information is absolute bananas to me. Just because some YouTube influencers did some "research" and forum members have obsessively scrutinized every pointless scrap of info doesn't mean we have any clue who's to blame. We don't know what the day to day operations were like. We don't know who was pushing for what, or who was expressing doubts. We don't know what was said at meetings. Nobody who was there can apparently talk at the moment. To publicly condemn a man and call for harm to his career based on so little, and while hiding behind a pseudonym, should be embarrassing.

Bah, check out the record of the Boeing guy who made disasters with the 737 MAX and still keeps billing no matter what he did.

Or the people of the Titan Submarine who continue to do their thing...

Not to mention those who have lined their pockets supporting the SLS and Starliner. 

Here, as far as is known, it did not cost anyone their life, simply, from a corporate point of view, it was a bad investment, no one can assure that it was an operation worthy of Bernard Maddof. 

As long as there are people who buy "Early Access", they will continue to exist... 

After thinking on this, I'm left with the question "Does it matter that Nate was online on one day recently".  like, does it have any impact on anything that is going on?  And I keep coming back to the same answer:  Nope.  How many people log on to this - or any other - site and don't post?

In all fairness to Nate, I'm sure he is reading these comments but either doesn't care OR can't speak due to the NDA.  Or probably a combination of both; I'm sure he's quite numb to the vitriol and feedback at this point.

1. tell me you don't know how NDA's work without telling me you don't know how NDA's work,
2. The ONLY thing I want to hear from him is full accountability and responsibility. Sorry not sorry, but as the creative director, I hold him personally responsible for this failure and damage to the franchise and I'd rather that not happen here on the forums where people would result to personal attacks. 
3. That being that, what's he really going to say? 

He just pressed a wrong line in the browser URL history.

Or maybe it was even a cat.

On 6/21/2024 at 3:14 AM, RayneCloud said:

what's he really going to say? 

Oops.

P.S.
Nate.alignment();
> CharacterAlignment::LawfulGood

Nate.setAlignment(CharacterAlignment::ChaoticEvil);

>Nate joined CharacterTeam[CharacterAlignment::ChaoticEvil]

Don't resort to insults, please. Even if you're convinced it's justified this just makes the forum a less pleasant place to visit. 

Some comments removed.