KSP2 Hype Train Thread

3 minutes ago, t_v said:

The helipad is likely a leftover from KSP 1 where the administration building had a helipad, I think way before robotic parts were even in the game. The two probably don't correlate, although helicopter parts would be able to use the helipad quite well as in KSP 1.

Don't bother me with your facts! 

A few things I noted about the video:

Firstly, the frame rate seems to be smooth. Kind of hard to tell with all the jump cuts, but to me it looks very much smooth. 

Secondly, I noticed that the parts, at least the winglets, give off those aerodynamic lines that you'll see high speed jets made when they make a high-G turn... er... what are they called... *Googles* Water vapor... hmm... military calls them 'vape' trails. I guess they're just mini contrails? Anyway, yeah. I noticed 'vape' trails on the star as it was spinning out of control. A very nice little detail. If it's only the winglets, would be nice if other parts could do it too, like the fuel tanks that jut out at the star points. 

Thirdly, there's a freakin pool with diving boards it looks like! Next to the tall cylindrical building at the end of the video. 

Kerbal Olympics Program confirmed!

Edited by GoldForest

4 hours ago, Luriss said:

Towards the end of the video it actually looks like there's a river going through the KSC. Then again maybe it's just a canal of some sort

When you look at a map of the area around the actual Launch center, you see a number of dredged channel sections, and a basin near the VAB, that was used for Saturn and the Shuttle.

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Kerbal Olympics Program confirmed!

Careful: Captain @t_vKilljoy inbound with KSP facts proving (and destroying your hopes) that the pool is not for KSP2 Olympic Kerbal Team but instead the already existing Kerbal Morale, Welfare and Recreation facility for the families of Kerbonauts stranded in various orbits by a cruel and uncaring Player-God who flings them willy-nilly about the Kerbolar System. 

11 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Careful: Captain @t_vKilljoy inbound with KSP facts proving (and destroying your hopes) that the pool is not for KSP2 Olympic Kerbal Team but instead the already existing Kerbal Morale, Welfare and Recreation facility for the families of Kerbonauts stranded in various orbits by a cruel and uncaring Player-God who flings them willy-nilly about the Kerbolar System. 

Guys it's clearly not Olympic size. Based on typical lane widths I estimate the roadways to be at most 10m wide and the pool no more than 15m long, well under the 50m regulation length. This lack of realism clearly means the game will be delayed until 2035. 

13 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Based on typical lane widths I estimate

Pay attention people!  This is the level of detail required when analyzing 15 seconds of video for the important things we can glean about both the upcoming release and whether we can expect further delays! 

Also thoes objects near the pool may not be diving boards, but may be krane  er cranes, and those may be neutral buoyancy training pools, as the real life ones in use now  look more like warehouses from the outside. I believe the first one at Marshal was outside at first then covered or rebuilt, and there’s photos I’ve seen of some Gemini astronauts being suited up at an outdoor pool, but I’m not sure where. Besides it’s not only practical  that there’s a pool, but mildly amusing.

Edited by [email protected]

3 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Guys it's clearly not Olympic size. Based on typical lane widths I estimate the roadways to be at most 10m wide and the pool no more than 15m long, well under the 50m regulation length. This lack of realism clearly means the game will be delayed until 2035. 

Oh, it might not be Olympic sized, but maybe it’s American High school sized, which would 25 yards.     So that confirmed delay is only to 2030.5.   

34 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Ok, can someone please identify what video you are talking about?  I checked the Dev Diaries and Show/Tell forums and found nothing.

Its on that newfangled tickytocky business the kids keep yammering about. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRqyLQCp/

(insta also): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmcNnJRD_is/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Edited by Pthigrivi

46 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Ok, can someone please identify what video you are talking about?  I checked the Dev Diaries and Show/Tell forums and found nothing.

Yeah - it's actually frustrating that the Communication Team is doing this. 

@Ghostii_Space

Would be nice if you imbed the videos for us in a forum thread.  Not everyone here is under 35.

(Grumbles into grizzled beard) 

Durn kids! 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

14 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I used to get frustrated about it, now I just accept they don't care if I see their stuff, so I'll just not bother looking for it.

:/

Someone isn't feeling the Christmas Spirit! 

I don't know about you... But where I live it's beginning to look a lot like global warming is actually climate is not weather and local variations like bomb cyclones are natural part of the cycle Christmas! 

19 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Unless the site is blocked by your ISP, country or something, you can watch twitter, instagram and tiktok videos without having an app or even logging in. I literally just tried. I don't know what age has to do with it lol. 

Nothing - merely attributing my grumpy to being old.  Truth is that I'm not at all interested in being on social media - which is a 'me' thing. 

But I do think it is valid to ask the devs to put media about the game in the place where people who are interested in the game don't have to go to another site to try and find it. 

@Ghostii_Space can very easily start a thread that collects and imbeds these shorts so those of us here can find them.

As is it seems they are released into the wild on either Tik-Spy or Facestealyourinfogram and we have to hope someone else links it. 

Why not the communications person?  Release wherever and imbed in a forum post.  Hype activated. 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Maybe we can circle back on this topic in the new year? I think its good folks can have a restful holiday and not worry about us for a bit. 

Kerbals don't rest for the Holidays, so neither should the KSP team! 

Jk, they totally deserve it.

33 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Why are there so many trees on the territory of the spaceport? I have never seen anything like this in my life, even on airfields there is no such jungle!

I guess so it doesn't look so barren? The terrain lacks small hills/culverts/etc , and the textures aren't exactly high-fidelity, so this conceals the flat and featureless areas around the KSC and prevents people pointing out the flat/featureless KSC terrain and low-VRAM usage textures.

Just a guess, though.

Maybe the trees will be able to catch on fire... It would be more Kerbal this way.

Edited by TLTay