ColdJ

Though I haven't tried it with Docking Camera Kurs (which is an excellent mod I have used before, great for carrier landings) because my developement game is puposely light so it doesn't take too long to load, I believe the way it is targeted it should work  with all the docking capable airlocks as long as you haven't installed @JPLRepo's patch to try to correct the instability caused by the new rotating docks. If I understand it  correctly it changes something in the docking module. I read somewhere that Linuxgurugamer may patch and release a new version of docking camera kurs to compensate for the patch if he has the time.

I did a quick change to the Sea Door texture just before release to try to fix the weird way it was wrapping but looking at it today I see it just as bad but in a different way. I will see if I can get it right for an update.

@Daniel Prates

Edited by ColdJ

Great mod! 

Suggestion: can you PLEASE make place anywhere windows, like the doors, but purely for aesthetics. This can be used when making aircraft, starship like windows, or other stuff, possibly with the texture of the mk1 crew cabin or the hitchhiker (with lights) The only mod i know of that has this uses firespitter, which does not work on later ksp versions. 

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Though I haven't tried it with Docking Camera Kurs (which is an excellent mod I have used before, great for carrier landings) because my developement game is puposely light so it doesn't take too long to load, I believe the way it is targeted it should work  with all the docking capable airlocks as long as you haven't installed @JPLRepo's patch to try to correct the instability caused by the new rotating docks. If I understand it  correctly it changes something in the docking module. I read somewhere that Linuxgurugamer may patch and release a new version of docking camera kurs to compensate for the patch if he has the time.

I did a quick change to the Sea Door texture just before release to try to fix the weird way it was wrapping but looking at it today I see it just as bad but in a different way. I will see if I can get it right for an update.

@Daniel Prates

Allright thanks! I mention this because kurs will work with pretty much all docking ports but in some (I am guessing) the point from which the camera looks from is burried too deep within the part  (is it from the collider?). I will test all of your docking ports and report here

1 hour ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Great mod! 

Suggestion: can you PLEASE make place anywhere windows, like the doors, but purely for aesthetics. This can be used when making aircraft, starship like windows, or other stuff, possibly with the texture of the mk1 crew cabin or the hitchhiker (with lights) The only mod i know of that has this uses firespitter, which does not work on later ksp versions. 

You could replace flag texture with a window and use the curved flags. I know it wouldn't have the same effect as an actual 3D portal window though.

4 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Allright thanks! I mention this because kurs will work with pretty much all docking ports but in some (I am guessing) the point from which the camera looks from is burried too deep within the part  (is it from the collider?). I will test all of your docking ports and report here

No worries, thanks for beta testing :)

5 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Great mod! 

There already exists a mod that does this, although I can't remember off the top of my head which one, possibly Airplane Plus. The windows actually act like cameras so that if you have (I think) Raster Prop Manager in, you can see what they are pointed at on a monitor. Of course you don't have to use the camera function and can just use them for the look. Dientus's suggestion whould also work with KSP providing stick on decals now. Just take a flag png that already exists and make a copy as something named to what you like and then edit it in a paint program to look like what you want and put it in the same folder you found the original. I will see if I can find that other mod original but it might take some time. If anybody else reading this knows, could you please leave a comment to tell us.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

here already exists a mod that does this, although I can't remember off the top of my head which one, possibly Airplane Plus. The windows actually act like cameras so that if you have (I think) Raster Prop Manager in, you can see what they are pointed at on a monitor. Of course you don't have to use the camera function and can just use them for the look

Hullcam, that is the one.

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

No worries, thanks for beta testing :)

ColdJ, tested it and all docking parts (which are only a few anyway) work fine with docking cam kurs, which @linuxgurugamer may also be glad to know.  The whole thing works well actually. Good mod! I remember some of those parts, it is good to have them all on a single mod. 

On 8/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, ColdJ said:

H.A.D.D

Hatches.Airlocks.Doors.Docking.

A collection of place anywhere doors to make it easier to build creations how you want them.

Models created by @TiktaalikDreaming@linuxgurugamer@SuicidalInsanity@ColdJ

7JGsdTZ.pngzrFzUfm.png8C7A1eS.png

Available on Spacedock.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2821/H.A.D.D?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

Has the following Licences due to being a collection of separate works.

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

CC-BY-SA 3.0

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

By-Nc-SA-4.0

@Caerfinon@Dientus@Astrion@TiktaalikDreaming@linuxgurugamer@SuicidalInsanity@Spaceman.Spiff@Admiral Fluffy@Stormpilot@kerbiloid@adsii1970@BuranAce@HyperDraco@Kerminator K-100@Angel-125 and many many more :)

You absolutely marvelous creatures, thank you ever so much for this.

I may be the worst at docking, but at least I can suffer in style now.

Edited by HyperDraco

6 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Thanks @Daniel Prates, good to know.

@Space Kerbalisation Tech This is work in progress, is this what you had in mind. I will config them to be in 3 sizes?

<Snip>

Will they have their own internal lights? Like when you turn the lights on the cockpit portals light up, will these windows light up as well?

5 hours ago, Dientus said:

Will they have their own internal lights? Like when you turn the lights on the cockpit portals light up, will these windows light up as well?

Why yes, yes they will :cool: I am working on getting everything to have light up portholes and I now have a docking ring that you attach so that it encircles a craft and just need to get it's partner the docking tube configed right so that you can dock like thunderbird 3 did to thunderbird 5 in the original series.ktgsm0X.png

2wfMGlf.png

mOryyrr.png

ZF1Z7fx.png

So thanks to @chaos113's comment I look up Lack Luster Labs and whose name do I  see?

Mr @linuxgurugamer himself. Sir, is there anything you haven't done?

Will be interesting to see what other great models you have, made long before I even was aware of KSP.

And I see that HullcamVR continued , suggested by @Daniel Prates is also one of yours.

Who needs to move on from KSP1 when you have provided so many great things for it?

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

So thanks to @chaos113's comment I look up Lack Luster Labs and whose name do I  see?

Mr @linuxgurugamer himself. Sir, is there anything you haven't done?

Will be interesting to see what other great models you have, made long before I even was aware of KSP.

And I see that HullcamVR continued , suggested by @Daniel Prates is also one of yours.

Who needs to move on from KSP1 when you have provided so many great things for it?

Thank you, but I didn't make many of those mods (and none of the ones you mentioned above).  I just adopted and maintain them.  Unfortunately, LackLuster Labs is not supported, the models are too broken.  While they kind of work, you will have interesting collider issues

On 8/13/2021 at 11:19 PM, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Great mod! 

Now updated to 1.1.0 with Round and Rectangular place anywhere faux windows that light up when you turn on your craft lights using U or whatever you have it bound to.

Lit

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LackLuster Labs is not supported, the models are too broken.  While they kind of work, you will have interesting collider issues

Yes, it is sad that the newer iterations have caused problems with older great stuff. I am only a novice at this 3d modeling stuff but I will see if I can get that rather nice Star Trek looking Door/Airlock to work properly.

6 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Yes, it is sad that the newer iterations have caused problems with older great stuff. I am only a novice at this 3d modeling stuff but I will see if I can get that rather nice Star Trek looking Door/Airlock to work properly.

Actually, the "older great stuff' always had the problems.  It's just that when it came out, no one minded because the game was so new at the time.

Good luck with that, you will need to use either Blender or Bforartists, and there is a thread with a plugin for Blender (works on both) to read the .mu files here:

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Good luck with that, you will need to use either Blender or Bforartists, and there is a thread with a plugin for Blender (works on both) to read the .mu files here:

Thank you. For some reason my brain seems to like solving problems more than actually playing.

Hi @linuxgurugamer . Stripped it down to just the door, removed all the old colliders and then put in new ones. Edited the Spec to include the door inserts and resized it to a size I though looked right for a Kerbal to walk through. (which is funny because I let some of the dockable airlocks go down  to a size that could dock with Docking port Jnr, Kerbal would have to remove helmet and grease up to get in :)  ) I think it came out well.

The extra beauty shot from in my Space1999 Eagle cockpit is just a filler.

gRd3QBu.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.